ROMNEY/RYAN....it's the ECONOMY stupid...

Obama's budget.

Romney supporters can post his budget if they like.

Mitt Romney: Paul Ryan Budget Is Not His, Candidate 'Putting Together His Own'

Within minutes of tapping Paul Ryan as his vice presidential nominee, presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney was distancing himself from the congressman's controversial budget, which includes steep cuts to government programs and changing Medicare into a voucher-like program.

The Romney campaign sent out talking points on Saturday that made the case that he was his own man on matters of Medicare and Social Security and that he wouldn't be tied to a document he insisted he'd sign into law and once called "marvelous."

:hellno::dig::eek:

smiley-5.gif

More flip flopping and reasons to not know what the heck Romney stands for. Why the heck did he tap this guy if he is now walking back his "marvelous" comment? Their website calls them "The Comeback Team". I think it should be the "Walk Back Team"! :lol: "I was for the Ryan budget before I was against it!"

Last edited:
awww, the troll pops in to spew his usual...yawn yawn yawn
I am not a troll..
Its easy to sit back and throw out rude remarks intimate and use small words to others with your rose colored glasses on.
So far what I heard from you is from simply someone who hasn't a clue about the trying to get the street poor clean and off the $$ services. What you wrote about that shows me that you only see one side and haven't really seen the pain of others trying to really make it but can't. It used to be only drunks and addicts out there before the unnecessary Bush $$ Cheney war, now its families and mostly mentally ill with out care because they need to be a threat to themselves or another to get any help.

The problem you're going to have with that argument is that almost everyone knows someone who's gaming the system. And because we do, we see the waste of our tax dollars. Make no mistake, from today on... the debate is about MATH. It's about the unsustainable nature of our welfare state and the importance of refocusing on the truly needy as opposed to the layabouts we can no longer afford to support. It's about putting people back to work who can work.

I agree which is the reason Obama put the vouchers out for each state which Romney wanted as well. We need more people to get out there and check if the person really needs it or not. Sad that the crooks have to ruin it for the people who really need a hand up and once many are up they become hard working citizens.

Gasoline was $4.12 under president bush in 2008 before the crash....were you whining about your gas prices then?

With the price of corn by September, Obama's economy is going to be the focus..

HAAAA Haaaaa I was waiting to hear someone blaming Obama for the up rise price of corn and soon the cost of food too. I guess the drought was his fault too:lol:..

No, but folks won't be thinking about anything but their pocketbooks. Bottom line is that food and gasoline are skyrocketing. Corn will cause a huge increase in costs of food, higher gasoline prices will add to the skyrocketing prices, along with the costs in getting to the supermarket, work, and school. That's if the folks have a car. Those circumstances, they will blame Obama's policies for.

He DID turn it around, we are at 8.3% unemployment instead of 20% and in economic recovery from a recession instead of a depression. Sound like a winner to me.
:clap2::eusa_clap:

Paul Ryan is a non-issue. Romney is still the target because he is applying for the job as president and he don't come close to qualifying.

So why doesn't Obama run on his achievements instead of running negative.

He does run on his achievements, he also has to combat Romney's negative onslaught. All I see are negative Romney ads.

I have not seen one Romney ad however I have seen many Obama ads and NONE of them tout his achievements, they are all attack ads on Romney.

Can you link those ads touting Obama's accomplishments, because for some reason they dont run them in this area.

I am not a troll..
Its easy to sit back and throw out rude remarks intimate and use small words to others with your rose colored glasses on.
So far what I heard from you is from simply someone who hasn't a clue about the trying to get the street poor clean and off the $$ services. What you wrote about that shows me that you only see one side and haven't really seen the pain of others trying to really make it but can't. It used to be only drunks and addicts out there before the unnecessary Bush $$ Cheney war, now its families and mostly mentally ill with out care because they need to be a threat to themselves or another to get any help.

which points directly at the ECONOMY stupid.....

lots and lots of people are in pain....lost homes......no jobs.....or one paycheck away from homelessnes......tons more on food stamps......so what has Obama done exactly to FIX the ECONOMY.....?
But the congress made it their biggest priority to block anything the president wanted to do, and now their on vacation while so many are in horrible situations.. What a joke
Yes the system needs major overhauling : Here are a few!

He Took Steps to Strengthen the Middle Class and Families, and to Fight Poverty

147. Worked to provide affordable, high-quality child care to working families. PolitiFact | The Obameter: Provide affordable, high-quality child care

148. Cracked down on companies that were previously denying sick pay, vacation and health insurance, and Social Security and Medicare tax payments through abuse of the employee classification of independent contractor. http://nyti.ms/fOGLcj

149. Through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act , cut taxes for 95% of America's working families. PolitiFact | A credit for workers cuts taxes for middle class

150. Tax rates for average working families are the lowest since 1950. Under Obama Taxes Reach Lowest Level Since Truman - Robert Schlesinger (usnews.com)

151. Extended and fully funded the patch for the Alternative Minimum Tax for 10 years. Alternative Minimum Tax Reform Now Part of the Senate Stimulus | TPMDC

152. Extended discounted COBRA health coverage for the unemployed from 9 months to 15 months, and he’s extended unemployment benefits several times. Obama Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension How to Get Extended Cobra Health Insurance Subsidies - NYTimes.com President extends unemployment benefits by up to 20 weeks - Nov. 5, 2009 Obama compromises with GOP to extend tax cuts, unemployment benefits

153. Provided a $20 billion increase for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps). Food Stamps News - The New York Times

154. Signed an Executive Order that established the White House Office of Urban Affairs.

Last edited:
I am not a troll..

lots and lots of people are in pain....lost homes......no jobs.....or one paycheck away from homelessnes......tons more on food stamps......so what has Obama done exactly to FIX the ECONOMY.....?
But the congress made it their biggest priority to block anything the president wanted to do, and now their on vacation while so many are in horrible situations.. What a joke

147. Worked to provide affordable, high-quality child care to working families. PolitiFact | The Obameter: Provide affordable, high-quality child care

148. Cracked down on companies that were previously denying sick pay, vacation and health insurance, and Social Security and Medicare tax payments through abuse of the employee classification of independent contractor. http://nyti.ms/fOGLcj

149. Through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act , cut taxes for 95% of America's working families. PolitiFact | A credit for workers cuts taxes for middle class

150. Tax rates for average working families are the lowest since 1950. Under Obama Taxes Reach Lowest Level Since Truman - Robert Schlesinger (usnews.com)

151. Extended and fully funded the patch for the Alternative Minimum Tax for 10 years. Alternative Minimum Tax Reform Now Part of the Senate Stimulus | TPMDC

152. Extended discounted COBRA health coverage for the unemployed from 9 months to 15 months, and he’s extended unemployment benefits several times. Obama Signs Unemployment Benefits Extension How to Get Extended Cobra Health Insurance Subsidies - NYTimes.com President extends unemployment benefits by up to 20 weeks - Nov. 5, 2009 Obama compromises with GOP to extend tax cuts, unemployment benefits

153. Provided a $20 billion increase for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps). Food Stamps News - The New York Times

154. Signed an Executive Order that established the White House Office of Urban Affairs.

man that Obama is a superhero who has a magic money tree growing behind the white house

I am not a troll..

hahaha.....you've got to do better than this......:eusa_hand:

more government intrusion and nannyism....why should the government provide child care in the first place....?

more government intrusion in business.....and the unions love this of course...

how is cutting payroll taxes which funds SS and Medicare going to help workers in the future....? and it is just temporary....

lol.....as if a lower tax receipt percentage is something to crow about.....taxes are less because of the failing economy.....

this patch has been passed by Congress for years....nothing new here...

Obama would rather have the jobless dependent on the government dole rather than help create jobs for them...

see #152 response....

154. Signed an Executive Order that established the White House Office of Urban Affairsmore expansion of federal government control to impose liberal agenda....however this shiny new agency has been a dismal failure as economic woes continue....

Well then vote for Obama, we are all so much more well off today from his policies..
just overlook that 8.2% unemployment
my gas prices today, 3.60 a gallon
food prices, omg

8.2 is high but national average doesn't matter outside of a talking point.
yeah obama can't control the gas prices, no president can, but you keep trying to polish that turd..
yeah he can't control the weather ( see the drought in the middle of the nation) plus go back to gas.

But then again you are a moron, and like usual you need to prove it to us over and over again.

Nice rebuttal...once again you have nothing....

Because entitlements ARE unsustainable in their current form. They eat up two-thirds of the budget (that is, when we had a budget :rolleyes:), and unless they're saved through reforms, they won't be there at all.

Politically, the Ryan pick redirects the national debate back to the issues and neatly puts Obama off his class warfare message. His plan was to make this election about Bain Capital and make Romney out as an out-of-touch Wall Street guy. Overnight, Romney became the REFORM candidate, a man who does have a plan and a budget and thus illustrates that Obama has none.

It's a tough slog, admittedly. Democrats will do their best to frighten seniors for political gain. But tough as it is, this is a conversation we NEED to have. These programs won't be there at all if nothing is done to save them, and already we have a problem with Medicare patients being limited and even turned away.
Exactly. We need have to have an adult conversation about the very real problems we face. Obama seems to think that promising more goodies and treats will work again. Maybe it will....either way we need to get serious about the debt, entitlements, and our economy.

True. If we go down, we go down fighting the REAL fight. Frankly, I like our chances. Math doesn't lie. So, yeah... we're gonna have to get wonky with America. But that sure as hell beats spending the whole campaign defending baseless personal smears meant to manipulate voters emotionally.

Get Wonky? Yeah, Americans love that.

Obama has it in the bag.

Well then vote for Obama, we are all so much more well off today from his policies..
just overlook that 8.2% unemployment
my gas prices today, 3.60 a gallon
food prices, omg

8.2 is a "talking point"...??....tell that to the unemloyed.....:mad:

yeah obama can't control the gas prices, no president can, but you keep trying to polish that turd..
obama prevents our drilling yet he supports others' drilling.....including communists right next to us in the Carribean.....:mad:

yeah he can't control the weather ( see the drought in the middle of the nation) plus go back to gas.
no he can't control the weather....just the rising of the tides...:rolleyes:
in any case food prices have been rising BEFORE the drought....

But then again you are a moron, and like usual you need to prove it to us over and over again.

Yes its a talking point. What matters is certain UE in certain states.the swing states. A state like texas which will go for mittens doesn't matter.

Yet drilling is up and dependence on other countries oil imports is down 10%. Keep trying with that out dated talking point.

See weather and oil...for the reason. Obama can't stop china from buying oil and growing.

Again tired talking points

Exactly. We need have to have an adult conversation about the very real problems we face. Obama seems to think that promising more goodies and treats will work again. Maybe it will....either way we need to get serious about the debt, entitlements, and our economy.

True. If we go down, we go down fighting the REAL fight. Frankly, I like our chances. Math doesn't lie. So, yeah... we're gonna have to get wonky with America. But that sure as hell beats spending the whole campaign defending baseless personal smears meant to manipulate voters emotionally.

Obama has it in the bag.

Obama is a lock!!!! :eusa_whistle:

For stupid people like you, yes, talking real policy is a total waste of time. Having a real discussion about entitlement reform and balancing the budget is a waste of time when you think anyone who disagrees is a "racist". If you are easily persuaded by ads showing Republican pushing elderly woman off the cliffs, talking about the real problems we face is silly. But for most people, the adults in the room, talking like an adult works.

Ryan is a great choice and Democrats that believe Obama is a "lock" are whistling past the graveyard.....87 days. Enjoy it while you can.

8.2 is a "talking point"...??....tell that to the unemloyed.....:mad:

obama prevents our drilling yet he supports others' drilling.....including communists right next to us in the Carribean.....:mad:

no he can't control the weather....just the rising of the tides...:rolleyes:
in any case food prices have been rising BEFORE the drought....

Yes its a talking point. What matters is certain UE in certain states.the swing states. A state like texas which will go for mittens doesn't matter.
somehow blowing off a national 8.2% UE as just a "talking point" and then just being concerned about rates in swing states doesn't help your argument for Obama... :cuckoo:

Yet drilling is up and dependence on other countries oil imports is down 10%. Keep trying with that out dated talking point.
...drilling is up thanks to the Bush administration and dependence is partly due to slack demand because of a weak economy.....

See weather and oil...for the reason. Obama can't stop china from buying oil and growing.
yes Chinese demand is upping oil costs which affects food/gas costs....but Obama has done nothing to help tap our vast energy sources...

true.....we are very tired of Obama

Last edited:

somehow blowing off a national 8.2% UE as just a "talking point" and then just being concerned about rates in swing states doesn't help your argument for Obama... :cuckoo:

...drilling is up thanks to the Bush administration and dependence is partly due to slack demand because of a weak economy.....

yes Chinese demand is upping oil costs which affects food/gas costs....but Obama has done nothing to help tap our vast energy sources...

.[/QU

Then you don't understand politics then. Shrug.

Lol no its up due to private drilling and if you notice gas went back up...so people slacking on. Buying isn't affecting it right now.

Why when private drilling is up. So let me get this straight. You are now whining that government hasn't done anything to decrease the price of oil, and ignore the fact private drilling is up....which gets the dreaded government out of the way persay...

Fuck you for trying to have it both ways...go back to your dumb birther threads

Obama has it in the bag.

What you're suggesting is that Americans are too stupid to understand the basics of economics. Personally, I have a little more faith in my fellow citizen, but then.. I'm not a Democrat. :eusa_whistle:

The subject of national debate has been changed. It's no longer about class warfare and emotional misdirection done for the sake of division. It's about budgets and entitlement reforms and giving voters an opportunity to decide who has a better plan. So... I reckon Barack Obama best get one, hadn't he?

Plasmaball said:

.[/QU

Then you don't understand politics then. Shrug.

Lol no its up due to private drilling and if you notice gas went back up...so people slacking on. Buying isn't affecting it right now.

Why when private drilling is up. So let me get this straight. You are now whining that government hasn't done anything to decrease the price of oil, and ignore the fact private drilling is up....which gets the dreaded government out of the way persay...

Fuck you for trying to have it both ways...go back to your dumb birther threads
Fuck Obama....
The president counts oil among the energy sources of the past. Yet the Congressional Research Service reports the U.S. has at least 163 billion barrels of recoverable oil — enough oil to meet all U.S. needs without importing any oil for more than 50 years. As technology advances, so do our "proven" reserves. Sounds like an energy sour ce of the future to us.

Lifting our domestic drilling ban would dramatically lower prices.

It would also keep our money here instead of going overseas in what has been called the greatest transfer of wealth among nations in human history.

Obama Places Vast Oil Reserves Off-Limits As Gas Prices Rise - Investors.com

man that Obama is a superhero who has a magic money tree growing behind the white house

Haa I know, it is probably the same tree Bush $$ Cheney stripped to nothing for their stupid unnecessary war.

Haa I know, it is probably the same tree Bush $$ Cheney stripped to nothing for their stupid unnecessary war.

Obama Attacked Libya without congressional approval. Do you condemn that "unnecessary war" as well? Or is your ire only reserved for those with an "R" and the end of their names?

I am not a troll..

:lol:
wtf?

Terrible choice. Florida is now Obama's and AZ may be in play. Obama couldn't have picked a better running mate for Romney.

Terrible choice, indeed. Not only are the votes of seniors in jeopardy but also those who believe responsible fiscal reform means something fair and equitable. The Ryan ‘plan’ was neither.

if you actually believe that proper fiscal reform means something fair and equitable, you ought to be able to define what fair and equitable means, and how that would solve any of our fiscal problems. Otherwise, you are just regurgitating a left wing talking point.

I would recommend that we first get spending under control, and then we can discuss what additional revenues are necessary to begin reducing the deficit and ultimately the national debt.

Obama has it in the bag.

What you're suggesting is that Americans are too stupid to understand the basics of economics. Personally, I have a little more faith in my fellow citizen, but then.. I'm not a Democrat. :eusa_whistle:

The subject of national debate has been changed. It's no longer about class warfare and emotional misdirection done for the sake of division. It's about budgets and entitlement reforms and giving voters an opportunity to decide who has a better plan. So... I reckon Barack Obama best get one, hadn't he?

That is the reason Ryan is here.

You are going to see a lot of him in the next several months and independents are going to pivot on him one way or the other.

It's a gamble worth taking.

Notice how Joe Biden is ABTTHAM.

Forum List

Back