Romney right: In embassy incidents, Obama admin. 1st sympathized with attackers

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
I am sick of this administrations apologetic attitude.

Romney is right: In embassy incidents, Obama administration's first instinct was to sympathize with attackers | WashingtonExaminer.com

As events in Benghazi and Cairo unfolded, the Obama administration's first instinct was to apologize for any offense Muslims might have taken from an Internet video, made in America, that mocked and ridiculed the prophet Mohammed, and which the radicals cited as the cause for their actions.
First, when embassy staff in Cairo knew there was trouble but before Islamist radicals overran the walls, the embassy released this statement:

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims -- as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.

Afterward the radicals had breached the walls, torn down the American flag and replaced it with an Islamist banner, the embassy sent out a tweet (now deleted), which said: "This morning's condemnation (issued before protest began) still stands. As does our condemnation of unjustified breach of the Embassy."

Then, early Thursday morning, after the extent of the violence in Libya and Egypt was known, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton released a three-sentence statement, the first two sentences of which addressed possible offense to Muslims. "The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others," Clinton said. "Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind." Clinton's statement was: Regret, affirmation, condemnation, in that order.

So after the initial statement of apology for the video, there were two statements in which the Obama administration reacted apologetically to the attacks in Libya and Egypt. When Romney took to the microphone in Florida, he was careful to say that the administration "was wrong to stand by" its original pre-attack apology.

To the Romney campaign, the events reveal an administration that is too eager to apologize for the United States.

About 7:20 Wednesday morning, President Obama released a statement that first and foremost condemned the attacks.

But Romney remains right: the administration's first instinct was to express regret for hurting any Muslim feelings, and not to strongly condemn attacks against the United States.

Last edited:
Yeah...well...they are saying it was not an authorized statement.

In other words...another example of how this administration has no control over the people that represent them.

I laugh at how the media lets them get away with "blaming".

Like the stimulus....."we didnt klnow the economy was that bad"

So where was the question...

"so you borrowed and spent 3/4 of a trillion dollars without being sure of what you were doing?"

Romney's NOT right.

He's an idiot.

248485_529482670410582_1425139976_n1.jpg

In other words...another example of how this administration has no control over the people that represent them.

"so you borrowed and spent 3/4 of a trillion dollars without being sure of what you were doing?"

They didn't know it was that bad.

The Bush administration gave them and the public, bogus numbers.

Part of why this country is screwed. The Republicans lie about shit..and conservatives swear to it.

They didn't know it was that bad.

The Bush administration gave them and the public, bogus numbers.

Part of why this country is screwed. The Republicans lie about shit..and conservatives swear to it.

lol....I see.....

BUSH cooked the books and the 100 top economists that Obama raved about when they analyzed the economy and suggested the stimulus didnt actually do their job...they took Bush's numbers and considered them valid.

LMFAO...you are off the deep end sallow.

Romney lied when our nation was under attack. He is not fit to sit in the Oval Office.

He was absolutely correct as you have been shown you and Swollow are the ones lying to protect the liar in chief.

Romney's NOT right.

He's an idiot.

248485_529482670410582_1425139976_n1.jpg

Funny thing...

The WH ended up agreeing with Romney.

So I guess Obama is wrong now?

No, they didn't.

Romney said that the administration's first thought was to go out and apologize.

He lied.

The apology, even if you'd LIKE to believe the Administration approved it, came before the attacks.

A tweet from Ron Fournier

"A ham-handed and inaccurate response from Romney Romney Blasts Obama on Cairo Embassy Statement of 'Sympathy' - NationalJournal.com There is a reason why politix stops at water's edge"

https://twitter.com/ron_fournier/statuses/245861498952503296

logo-national-journal.gif

Ron Fournier

Editor-in-Chief

[email protected]

inaccurate my left nut. I posted the exact timeline of events. Apologies first, condemnation second.

Live with this administrations shame.

No, they didn't.

Romney said that the administration's first thought was to go out and apologize.

He lied.

The apology, even if you'd LIKE to believe the Administration approved it, came before the attacks.
Then, early Thursday morning, after the extent of the violence in Libya and Egypt was known, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton released a three-sentence statement, the first two sentences of which addressed possible offense to Muslims. "The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others," Clinton said. "Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind." Clinton's statement was: Regret, affirmation, condemnation, in that order.

AFTER the violence, the first statement was from Clinton, APOLOGIZING.

No, they didn't.

He lied.

You're seperating her statement into sentences and calling them "thus" a different time period? That's what you're rolling with? Theyre included in the same fucking thought, I guess her "let me be clear" wasn't at all clear.

No, they didn't.

He lied.

You're seperating her statement into sentences and calling them "thus" a different time period? That's what you're rolling with? Theyre included in the same fucking thought, I guess her "let me be clear" wasn't at all clear.

Condemnation should have come first. Period. It didn't.

Looks like Sallow just can't handle the truth about this administration.

And what truth is that?

The truth that the middle east is a violatile area? And that straightening the situation out will be a long and arduous process fraught with pitfalls and challenges?

Romney said that if he had been in power there would be no protests in the Middle East.

That kind of thinking is delusional and not in keeping with reality.

The reality of the situation is..after years and years of enduring puppet governments at the behest of the west..and to keep the oil flowing..people of the middle east have had enough. We had several choices..one of which was the foster the popular will of the people of the Middle East. That's not in keeping with you folks..who would rather have the strong armed dictators in power.

obama lied when he said these attacks were caused by a film.

That's not what he said.

And it seems, the film caused the protests..and the protests were used to mask a coordinated attack on the embassy by Al-Qaeda.

The Obama administration HAS pointed that out.

Forum List

Back