Romney right: In embassy incidents, Obama admin. 1st sympathized with attackers

Looks like Sallow just can't handle the truth about this administration.

And what truth is that?

The truth that the middle east is a violatile area? And that straightening the situation out will be a long and arduous process fraught with pitfalls and challenges?

Romney said that if he had been in power there would be no protests in the Middle East.

That kind of thinking is delusional and not in keeping with reality.

The reality of the situation is..after years and years of enduring puppet governments at the behest of the west..and to keep the oil flowing..people of the middle east have had enough. We had several choices..one of which was the foster the popular will of the people of the Middle East. That's not in keeping with you folks..who would rather have the strong armed dictators in power.
link to that statement please....

And what truth is that?

The truth that the middle east is a violatile area? And that straightening the situation out will be a long and arduous process fraught with pitfalls and challenges?

Romney said that if he had been in power there would be no protests in the Middle East.

The reality of the situation is..after years and years of enduring puppet governments at the behest of the west..and to keep the oil flowing..people of the middle east have had enough. We had several choices..one of which was the foster the popular will of the people of the Middle East. That's not in keeping with you folks..who would rather have the strong armed dictators in power.

still waiting....

Under obama, US troops are getting killed by terrorists more than ever before. We know that the drone attacks have killed people, which is the reason for these embassy attacks. We don't really know who they killed, we just take this failed regime's word for it.

And what truth is that?

<knocks on screen>

hello? You there Sallow? Find that link yet?

And what truth is that?

<knocks on screen>

:lol:

the imagery of <knocks on screen> slayed me dude.

<knocks on screen>

well, I can't knock on his head, as he isn't here and that would be a violation of board rules anyway, so...... ;)

It was just unexpected / funny.......lol shit bodied me.

Anyhoo...

Hillary just now:

In her remarks, Clinton repeated much of what she has said in the last two days. Namely that the Benghazi attack was carried out by a "small and savage group," and that the United States completely rejects what she called the "inflammable and despicable" anti-Muslim film circulating the Internet. However, Clinton pointed out all religions have faced insults and denigration, but that's no justification for violence. The response to such insults is what separates people of true faith from those who would use religion as an excuse to commit violent acts, she said.

"When Christians are subject to insults to their faith, and that certainly happens, we expect them not to resort to violence. When Hindus or Buddhists are subjected to insults to their faiths, and that also certainly happens, we expect them not to resort to violence," said Clinton. "The same goes for all faiths, including Islam."

:clap2:

well, I can't knock on his head, as he isn't here and that would be a violation of board rules anyway, so...... ;)

Anyhoo...

Hillary just now:

In her remarks, Clinton repeated much of what she has said in the last two days. Namely that the Benghazi attack was carried out by a "small and savage group," and that the United States completely rejects what she called the "inflammable and despicable" anti-Muslim film circulating the Internet. However, Clinton pointed out all religions have faced insults and denigration, but that's no justification for violence. The response to such insults is what separates people of true faith from those who would use religion as an excuse to commit violent acts, she said.

"When Christians are subject to insults to their faith, and that certainly happens, we expect them not to resort to violence. When Hindus or Buddhists are subjected to insults to their faiths, and that also certainly happens, we expect them not to resort to violence," said Clinton. "The same goes for all faiths, including Islam."

How stupid are Americans? Hillary is giving us a test to see how gullible Americans are. No one in the middle east and certainly not the terrorists see her or hear her. This is completely for domestic consumption. It is to deflect away from the regime's failed mid east policies. It's not the fault of the government, it's the fault of a film that this failed regime can't even prove that the attackers saw or ever heard of.

Anyhoo...

Hillary just now:

How stupid are Americans? Hillary is giving us a test to see how gullible Americans are. No one in the middle east and certainly not the terrorists see her or hear her. This is completely for domestic consumption. It is to deflect away from the regime's failed mid east policies. It's not the fault of the government, it's the fault of a film that this failed regime can't even prove that the attackers saw or ever heard of.

Inm case you wonder why I never respond to your posts, I'll tell you just as a courtesy. You're WAY too cynical for me to have a reasonable discussion with.

And that's cool, and do YOU, or whatever..........but don't waste your time on me.

The dirty little secret here, or maybe the worst kept secret, is that most conservatives love the attacks on Islam that occur in such things as this film.

wow, I think it's clear we have the wingnut Republicans vs the worst the Muslim faith has to offer. talk about the two lowest common denominators.

these two groups just seem to want to fight, over what exactly, Im not sure. I just wish they would lave the rest of us alone.

Some of these responses on previous pages are down right insane and not based on any sort of fact. Just knee jerk diplomacy.

A tweet from Ron Fournier

"A ham-handed and inaccurate response from Romney Romney Blasts Obama on Cairo Embassy Statement of 'Sympathy' - NationalJournal.com There is a reason why politix stops at water's edge"

https://twitter.com/ron_fournier/statuses/245861498952503296

logo-national-journal.gif

Ron Fournier

Editor-in-Chief

[email protected]

inaccurate my left nut. I posted the exact timeline of events. Apologies first, condemnation second.

Live with this administrations shame.

logo-national-journal.gif

Timeline on Egypt and Libya Undercuts Romney Attack on Obama

Romney accuses the administration of greeting outrages with an apology, but the sequence of events doesn't bear that out.

Sept. 11

4:53 a.m. — The U.S. Embassy in Cairo, apparently trying to head off violent reaction to the Bacile movie, tweets that “Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy.”

6:11 a.m. — The embassy tweets a link to an extended statement on its website headlined “U.S. Embassy Condemns Religious Incitement.” It says, in part, “The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims — as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions.”

11 a.m. — Roughly 2,000 protesters start demonstrating outside of the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Al Ahram reports. Protests begin to turn violent after protesters set off fireworks, which sound like gunfire to observers. At one point, Egyptian military personnel intervene to contain demonstrations. Similar protests break out in Libya.

12:45 p.m. — Word is out at the State Department that protesters have breached the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, according to a department spokesman.

1:43 p.m. — CNN reports that protesters have scaled the walls and hung a black flag where the American flag once flew. Thousands of protesters are gathered outside the embassy.

6:30 p.m. — The embassy tweets that "This morning's condemnation (issued before our protests began) still stands. As does our condemnation of unjustified breach of the Embassy." This tweet may be Romney's basis for saying the administration was wrong to "stand by" its initial statement after the breach. Buzzfeed reports that this tweet and others were later removed.

9:39 p.m. — The State Department announces on Twitter and on its website that a U.S. Foreign Service officer was killed in Libya. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton declines to identify who was killed, but condemns the violence.

10:10 p.m. — The Romney campaign issues a statement, embargoed for midnight, criticizing the U.S. Embassy in Cairo for its reaction to the protests. “I’m outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi,” Romney says. “It’s disgraceful that the Obama Administration’s first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.”

10:25 p.m. — The Romney campaign lifts the embargo on the statement by the Republican nominee, despite pledges by both campaigns not to invoke politics on the anniversary of 9/11.

Timeline on Egypt and Libya Undercuts Romney Attack on Obama - NationalJournal.com

I see the Republicans have taken to lying since there is nothing else for them to run on.

Sallow just said...
No evidence that quote exists in this universe, yet I don't hear you complaining about 'his' lying. Fucking hypocrite.

Ever notice that the bigger the conservative lie is, when it gets exposed, the harder the conservatives fight to defend it?

Weird.

Ever notice that whenever a libtard outright lies in a thread, like this...

Sallow said:

...other libtards fight to defend it or just ignore it?

Weird.

Ever notice that the bigger the conservative lie is, when it gets exposed, the harder the conservatives fight to defend it?

Weird.

overgeneralize much, dumb ass?

Where's your condemnation of Sallow's lie in this thread? NON FUCKING EXISTENT.

Go home, Power Rangers is one tv. You'll miss it.

Forum List

Back