Romney Raised Taxes to Boost MA Bond Rating

It doesn't matter, yet. Romney is not running for president, he is running for the Republican nomination, and I do not think he will get it. If he does this will matter, and I am sure he will point out why you bringing it up is stupid.

Ah yes, he's not running for President he's running for the Republican nomination for President.

It all makes sense now.

I did post this earlier Toro, but no point to merge the two threads at this point considering how many posts have been.

Personally, I find it amusing how many Conservatives are trying to say that it doesn't matter. Romney is clearly trying to pander to the base by saying no new taxes and no defense cuts.
what do you expect him to do? run as a tax and spend liberal?

It doesn't matter, yet. Romney is not running for president, he is running for the Republican nomination

184828_o.gif

Nope. However, he clearly wants everyone to forget that he was once something like that.

I think it's a pretty relevant question as to what Mitt Romney we're going to see if he gets elected. After all, he's made it clear he's willing to take whatever position is going to garner him the most popularity.

It doesn't matter, yet. Romney is not running for president, he is running for the Republican nomination, and I do not think he will get it. If he does this will matter, and I am sure he will point out why you bringing it up is stupid.

We shouldn't scrutinize what he says because at some point he might not be running for President anymore? Sorry, where does not holding him accountable for what he says during his campaign come in?

Nope. However, he clearly wants everyone to forget that he was once something like that.

I think it's a pretty relevant question as to what Mitt Romney we're going to see if he gets elected. After all, he's made it clear he's willing to take whatever position is going to garner him the most popularity.

Overall, I think Romney is pretty intelligent. His problem is that he will never be able to please the Tea Party types, and with at least some of them, he probably won't win the nomination. My problem with him is that he will sell out to get what he wants, and that means we can't trust him. Of course, I trust the Tea Party types even less.

We shouldn't scrutinize what he says because at some point he might not be running for President anymore? Sorry, where does not holding him accountable for what he says during his campaign come in?

You actually hold politicians accountable for what they say when they're running for office?
sounds like an exercise in futility.

You actually hold politicians accountable for what they say when they're running for office?

If I don't bother to think about what they say when they're campaigning, how am I supposed to decide what candidate to vote for? What if I wanna vote in the Republican primaries in my state? Should I not regard what the candidates say because their not really "running" for president seriously yet?

If I don't bother to think about what they say when they're campaigning, how am I supposed to decide what candidate to vote for? What if I wanna vote in the Republican primaries in my state? Should I not regard what the candidates say because their not really "running" for president seriously yet?

I guess. But they lie like hell.

Romney is not completely stupid, but he is going to have to continue to act completely stupid if he wants to win the nomination. If he can get past that hurdle, then maybe we'll hear from the real Mitt Romney. Unfortunately, with him moving further to the right on many key issues, he is losing favor with many moderates, including me.

:lol:

I'm leaning towards Romney. I think Obama is lacking.

I did post this earlier Toro, but no point to merge the two threads at this point considering how many posts have been.

Personally, I find it amusing how many Conservatives are trying to say that it doesn't matter. Romney is clearly trying to pander to the base by saying no new taxes and no defense cuts.

It doesn't matter to me because I wasn't going to vote for Romney anyway. His religion is the deal-killer for me.

In fact, if Romney is the nominee, I'll vote for a third party. (I live in IL, and if IL is in play next year, Obama will be in too much trouble to even worry about.)

That said, ANY governor running will not be able to apply their state solutions writ large to the whole country. The country as a whole is an entirely different situation. You can't raise taxes enough to cover all our liabilities.

In Romney's defense (and I can't believe that I'm defending Romney. Ugh.) he had to raise taxes because revenues from Washington declined, both as a result of the 2001-2 recession and the Bush Tax Cuts.

Forum List

Back