Romney Raised Taxes to Boost MA Bond Rating

what do you expect him to do? run as a tax and spend liberal?

Nope. However, he clearly wants everyone to forget that he was once something like that.

I think it's a pretty relevant question as to what Mitt Romney we're going to see if he gets elected. After all, he's made it clear he's willing to take whatever position is going to garner him the most popularity.

Overall, I think Romney is pretty intelligent. His problem is that he will never be able to please the Tea Party types, and with at least some of them, he probably won't win the nomination. My problem with him is that he will sell out to get what he wants, and that means we can't trust him. Of course, I trust the Tea Party types even less.

I'm not generally fond of the TEA Party, but they are the ones addressing the elephant in the middle of the room. Government is spending too much, and we can't afford it anymore.

I do agree that Romney's(R-Kolob) tendency to hold whatever views his focus groups and Pollsters tell him to hold is an indication of someone who doesn't have a backbone to address the real problem. But the same can be said of the Community Organizer.

Nobody's business but the people of MA. Their state, their business.

:lol:

He's running for President, you dolt.

I am not going to use a GOVERNOR raising taxes as a litmus test--to vote against him. That's ridiculous.

He also explained his health care mandate with perfect clarity last night--and YES the states should decide what health care options are--and not the Federal Government. He believes in the 10th amendment of the US constitution--(state sovernity) and that's what I want in a candidate. I am sick and tired of an incompetent Federal Government assuming state roles.

Romney has a lot of BUSINESS experience--and that's what this country is desperately LACKING.

He didn't raise taxes per se. He closed loop holes and raised fees. Yep people consider that the equivalent of raising taxes. The Romnitor also cut spending big time.

BUT LOOK AT HIS RESULTS!!!

Year 2, 3 & 4 he balanced the budget. By year 4 he got MASS a $8 bil rainy day fund!!!

I am not going to use a GOVERNOR raising taxes as a litmus test--to vote against him. That's ridiculous.

He also explained his health care mandate with perfect clarity last night--and YES the states should decide what health care options are--and not the Federal Government. He believes in the 10th amendment of the US constitution--(state sovernity) and that's what I want in a candidate. I am sick and tired of an incompetent Federal Government assuming state roles.

Romney has a lot of BUSINESS experience--and that's what this country is desperately LACKING.

So you're another of those that believes as state can force citizens to do something but the federal government can't.

Yes, we desperately need someone with experience gutting businesses to turn a quick profit, and then moving on to the next business while the ones left behind crumble and fail. :doubt:

So you're another of those that believes as state can force citizens to do something but the federal government can't.

That's the long established precedent (so long as they don't violate constitutional rights). That is, unless and until Obamacare establishes a new, groundbreaking precedent.

Is the seatbelt law a federal law? just asking.

Is the seatbelt law a federal law? just asking.

No....

Forum List

Back