Romney: People Don't 'Die In Their Apartment Because They Don't Have Insurance'

So you believe people die in their apartments because they don't have health insurance? Can you cite a single example out of a population of 300 million? Nice try, Brainiac.

There are people who refuse to visit the hospital because they could never afford the medical bills.

If they don't have insurance they aren't getting PREVENTATIVE CARE. They can't afford to see a doctor and pay for blood pressure medication so they die of heart attacks or strokes. They can't afford to go to a doctor so their cancer goes undiagnosed until it's way too late. The list goes on, tens of thousands of entries long... all the while there's a 6 or more hours-long wait for the injured in the ER because it's backed up because of all the people that should be in a doctor's office.

Your source proves what Romney said is right. You don't get how this debate thing is supposed to work, do you?

Romney described how the health care system prior to Obamacare works. He didn't claim that's the system he supports. You put those words in his mouth.

In short, you lied and tried to paint Romney as something he's not. You're nothing but a no-good lying scumbag.

:lol::lol::lol:

Wow, watch that spin or your head might twist off. Those are his words, champ. You can't defend them? Of course you can't. But don't make shit up.

Why do simple facts need to be defended? You haven't disputed them yourself. You simply whined that it increases the cost of your insurance, but it doesn't increase the cost nearly as much as Obamacare does.

Being concerned about the uninsured and tax payers footing the bill for unpaid ER visits is petty?

Good grief is right.

Since you're so "concerned," how many checks have you written to cover the bills of people who don't have health insurance?

I'm not rich, and even if I had as much money as Romney, I couldn't afford to pay for millions of uninsured's health ins. So, is that your -plan? To rely on charity? And critics say Republicans have no plan. All they need to do is read your post.

BTW, you're a moron.

In other words, there isn't the slightest tangible evidence of your "concern."

Got it.

Since you're so "concerned," how many checks have you written to cover the bills of people who don't have health insurance?

I'm not rich, and even if I had as much money as Romney, I couldn't afford to pay for millions of uninsured's health ins. So, is that your -plan? To rely on charity? And critics say Republicans have no plan. All they need to do is read your post.

BTW, you're a moron.

Got it.

In other words, you can't defend Mitt's comments. Thanks. :fu:

Under the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) hospitals must take EMERGENCY patients regardless of their ability to pay.

They are responsible for stabilizing the patient from life threatening illness, and then they can transfer those patients to a charity hospital.

EMTALA.COM - Resources and information

So you believe people die in their apartments because they don't have health insurance? Can you cite a single example out of a population of 300 million? Nice try, Brainiac.

There are people who refuse to visit the hospital because they could never afford the medical bills.

yeah and people refuse to visit a dentist because they are afraid of pain..

If they don't have insurance they aren't getting PREVENTATIVE CARE. They can't afford to see a doctor and pay for blood pressure medication so they die of heart attacks or strokes. They can't afford to go to a doctor so their cancer goes undiagnosed until it's way too late. The list goes on, tens of thousands of entries long... all the while there's a 6 or more hours-long wait for the injured in the ER because it's backed up because of all the people that should be in a doctor's office.

All those things can happen even if they have insurance..what are you people going to FORCE people to go get Preventive care?

Study shows millions die every year despite having health insurance.

Wow.. that's a dumb statement.

The point is, the people without insurance who die do so because they had treatable ailments that weren't caught because they couldn't afford to see a doctor when the problem was still treatable...

Again, nearly every other industrialized nation has universal health care, and they all have longer life expectencies than we do.

The point is, the people without insurance who die do so because they had treatable ailments that weren't caught because they couldn't afford to see a doctor when the problem was still treatable...

Again, nearly every other industrialized nation has universal health care, and they all have longer life expectencies than we do.

LOL, fer sure if everyone had insurance none of us WOULD DIE

Liberal utopia is fun

LOL, fer sure if everyone had insurance none of us WOULD DIE

I think it's a matter of what you die of...

If you die at 30 because you put off seeing a doctor for that cold until it became a full-blown case of pneumonia and there was nothing the emergency room could do for you when you got there, that's an unnacceptable situation.

If you die at 65 because the best treatments for cancer still haven't found ways of beating it yet, but you got good treatment and died relatively pain-free, that's really not as tragic.

But hey, if no one was making money off that 30 year old, better to be rid of the surplus population, eh, Mrs. Scrooge?

BTW, you're a moron.

Got it.

I already did, turd. Facts don't need a defense. Mitt stated the indisputable facts.

People don't die in their apartments because they don't have insurance. They die in their apartments
Because they live alone and there is no one to call for help
They are murdered
Their doctor couldn't afford to treat them because medicare reimbursement is so low.
They needed a pacemaker and obama said take a pill until you die.

There isn't a single iota of documented evidence for that claim. It's all based on assumptions and inferences, none of which are valid.

Oh no, my insurance has lapsed...now I'm going to DIE!

People don't fail to get treatment for life threatening ailments just because they don't have insurance. That's the whole justification behind Obamacare...those people get treatment anyway, and then medical costs go up as (allegedly) the providers scramble to cover the expense.

It's a lie, but it's one the lefty weirdoes have clung to.

Except when they are insisting that people with insurance DON'T get treatment, and die...in which case their argument for mandated insurance flies right out the window.

They just lie. From top to bottom, inside and out, that's all they're about. Lying in order to establish a culture of death and oppression.

Got it.

I already did, turd. Facts don't need a defense. Mitt stated the indisputable facts.

Yeah, Mitt stated the fact that people can go to the ER if they're sick, and the gov't will foot the bill. What he forgot to mention is that the ER is not meant to be used as a personal care physician and the costs of unpaid ER bills (the ones Mitt says the gov't will pay for) get passed on to the tax payer.

Now get back to your regularly scheduled head-up-your-ass and the reasonable ones among us will continue to push for actual health care reform, not the status quo that Mitt thinks is working out just fine.

Last edited:

Yeah, Mitt stated the fact that people can go to the ER if they're sick, and the gov't will foot the bill. What he forgot to mention is that the ER is not meant to be used as a personal care physician and the costs of unpaid ER bills (the ones Mitt says the gov't will pay for) get passed on to the tax payer.

Now get back to your regularly scheduled head-up-your-ass and the reasonable ones among us will continue to push for actual health care reform, not the status quo that Mitt thinks is working out just fine.

wow, no shit Sherlock, but they can GO if they want, so how will YOU FORCE everyone to buy insurance? of wait, you Dear leader is already trying to do that and if you don't your dear Government will fine you or put your ass in jail..AND those who can't AFFORD this wonder insurance from the Daddy Guberment, THEY (guess who they are)? will get to pay for it ANYWAY

Forum List

Back