Romney: People Don't 'Die In Their Apartment Because They Don't Have Insurance'

omg, then send them your weekly paychecks you're all so concerned about them then they can BUY insurance...Or you would rather WE taxpayers furnish it for them I suppose

You're a moron of epic proportions. You want to cry about tax payers having to pay for uninsured? Then you should be talking to Mitt, because he just said, "you go to the hospital, you get treated, you get care, and it’s paid for, either by charity, the government or by the hospital.".

Guess who the costs get passed onto when somebody is unable to pay for an ER visit. I'll give you two guesses: philanthropists pay for it, or tax payers do. Hint: philanthropists don't pay for it.

well then what's your bitch, it's getting paid

So, I can put on record as saying the government has a responsibility to pay for the uninsured?

Here he goes again, claiming that people don't die from lack of health care. Go to the hospital, he says, the government will take care of it. Is that his plan? Tell people to go to the ER? That's part of the reason health care costs are so high in this country. So, he's gone from being a self-described 'sever conservative' to suggesting the government and tax payers should pay for ER visits.

Mitt Romney: People Don't 'Die In Their Apartment Because They Don't Have Insurance'

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, who has pledged to repeal Obamacare, says that people without health insurance don't have to worry about dying as a result.

"We don't have people that become ill, who die in their apartment because they don't have insurance," Romney said in an interview with the Columbus Dispatch's editorial board on Wednesday.

While it's difficult to tell how many people die each year from lack of health insurance, one study, from a health care advocacy group, puts the number at 26,000 deaths per year.

"We don't have a setting across this country where if you don’t have insurance, we just say to you, 'Tough luck, you're going to die when you have your heart attack,'" he added in the interview. "No, you go to the hospital, you get treated, you get care, and it’s paid for, either by charity, the government or by the hospital."

Actually, you idiot, he didn't say they don't die from lack of health care.

He said they don't die from lack of INSURANCE.

There's a difference.

gawd you liberals are so friggen petty and LAME

THIS is the stupid shit they get off HUFFINGTON POST people, oh and some guy supposedly forced his mistress to get a abortion..

good grief

Being concerned about the uninsured and tax payers footing the bill for unpaid ER visits is petty?

Good grief is right.

omg, then send them your weekly paychecks you're all so concerned about them then they can BUY insurance...Or you would rather WE taxpayers furnish it for them I suppose

You may have missed it, but you do realize that Romney wants the rest of us to still pay for their health care, right? His way will just be more expensive, that's all.

Being concerned about the uninsured and tax payers footing the bill for unpaid ER visits is petty?

Good grief is right.

The Republican health care plan:

If you're not lucky enough to have a job that provides health insurance, or you're unable to afford the sky-rocketing costs of private insurance, then ask for donations to cover your health care costs, or go to the ER -- don't worry if you're unable to pay for the visit -- the government will take care of it and pass it onto tax payers. :clap2:

good gawd, you people ever heard of paying YOUR OWN WAY...I pay for my health care I don't have insurance.... But If I end up in the hospital I'll come and ask you to pay it for me..you will right?

Here he goes again, claiming that people don't die from lack of health care. Go to the hospital, he says, the government will take care of it. Is that his plan? Tell people to go to the ER? That's part of the reason health care costs are so high in this country. So, he's gone from being a self-described 'sever conservative' to suggesting the government and tax payers should pay for ER visits.

Mitt Romney: People Don't 'Die In Their Apartment Because They Don't Have Insurance'

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, who has pledged to repeal Obamacare, says that people without health insurance don't have to worry about dying as a result.

"We don't have people that become ill, who die in their apartment because they don't have insurance," Romney said in an interview with the Columbus Dispatch's editorial board on Wednesday.

While it's difficult to tell how many people die each year from lack of health insurance, one study, from a health care advocacy group, puts the number at 26,000 deaths per year.

"We don't have a setting across this country where if you don’t have insurance, we just say to you, 'Tough luck, you're going to die when you have your heart attack,'" he added in the interview. "No, you go to the hospital, you get treated, you get care, and it’s paid for, either by charity, the government or by the hospital."

There's a difference.

Ohhh noooo!!!!! I didn't use the correct terminology! That completely destroys my criticism of Romney. He is soooo in touch with the average person. My bad.

Seriously, though, do you agree with Mittens that people don't die from lack of health INSURANCE?

If you're not lucky enough to have a job that provides health insurance, or you're unable to afford the sky-rocketing costs of private insurance, then ask for donations to cover your health care costs, or go to the ER -- don't worry if you're unable to pay for the visit -- the government will take care of it and pass it onto tax payers. :clap2:

good gawd, you people ever heard of paying YOUR OWN WAY...I pay for my health care I don't have insurance.... But If I end up in the hospital I'll come and ask you to pay it for me..you will right?

That's what Mittens advocates doing. He said, and I quote, "You go to the hospital, you get treated, you get care, and it’s paid for, either by charity, the government or by the hospital."

So, you and Mittens want the government and therefore tax payers to pay for the uninsured's ER visits. I thought you were all about paying your own way? Why do you want me to pay for your ER visits?

There's a difference.

Ohhh noooo!!!!! I didn't use the correct terminology! That completely destroys my criticism of Romney. He is soooo in touch with the average person. My bad.

Seriously, though, do you agree with Mittens that people don't die from lack of health INSURANCE?

Is English your second language, or are you completely illiterate?

There's a difference.

Is English your second language, or are you completely illiterate?

Gaywoodie, are you this dumb in real life, or just on the interwebz? Go step in front of a bus, mouth breather.

That's what Mittens advocates doing. He said, and I quote, "You go to the hospital, you get treated, you get care, and it’s paid for, either by charity, the government or by the hospital."

So, you and Mittens want the government and therefore tax payers to pay for the uninsured's ER visits. I thought you were all about paying your own way? Why do you want me to pay for your ER visits?

ok, what is your plan on how they get payed?

Affordable health insurance? Not using the ER as your PCP? Not asking tax payers to foot the bill like Mittens just advocated?

^^^^too dishonest to respond to.

"You go to the hospital, you get treated, you get care, and it’s paid for, either by charity, the government or by the hospital." -- Mitt Romney

Affordable health insurance? Not using the ER as your PCP? Not asking tax payers to foot the bill like Mittens just advocated?

then what's stopping you from starting a insurance business and offering AFFORDABLE health insurance? And how would you STOP people from using ER as a PCP? and what a wonderful dream of taxpayers not footing how is that going to change?

Good grief is right.

Liberal Health Care Plan:

By virtue of being born to parents who can't afford a child, or by virtue of your lack of ability to find a job, you are entitled to healthcare at the expense of others. No longer will we be a country the protects life, liberty, and the PURSUIT of happiness. The lives and liberties of others (especially their property), come second to guaranteeing your happiness. So as long as you are lazy, shiftless, or just don't feel like working, vote for us and we will take from others so that you can live in comfort. We believe, that you are entitled to free housing, free electric, free food, free cloths, free medical coverage, free transportation, and even a set of press on colored nails and a perm so that you can be flaunt your welfare status in pride. After all, there is no shame in mooching off of others. Ignore the fact that sense government participation in the medical profession the price of medicine and doctors has skyrocketed to the point that less people can afford medical care. Lets add more government intervention, drive up the prices, bankrupt the insurance industry, and once we got it all nice and destroyed we will decry the free market and socialize medicine like Cuba. Hospital Clnico Quirrgico

then what's stopping you from starting a insurance business and offering AFFORDABLE health insurance? And how would you STOP people from using ER as a PCP? and what a wonderful dream of taxpayers not footing how is that going to change?

Politicians create a rule that bankrupts hospitals so what do they do? Create a rule that bankrupts everyone!

You haven't been banned enough lately?:lol:

nice to see you again

Your source proves what Romney said is right. You don't get how this debate thing is supposed to work, do you?

Romney described how the health care system prior to Obamacare works. He didn't claim that's the system he supports. You put those words in his mouth.

In short, you lied and tried to paint Romney as something he's not. You're nothing but a no-good lying scumbag.

Romney: People Don't 'Die In Their Apartment Because They Don't Have Insurance
True statement.

My dear departed bestest friend in the world contracted pancreatic cancer and had no insurance.

There were all sorts of private charities and state programs that helped pick up the tab for her medical treatments, for as long as she lived.

True story. :thup:

Politicians create a rule that bankrupts hospitals so what do they do? Create a rule that bankrupts everyone!

Boy oh boy I don't know where to start. You guys really don't get it do you?

You wake up and take a breath. That's the first start when you pay into health "insurance".

You look in the mirror and go " holy shit I am paying into health insurance".

Would you like me to continue?

So you believe people die in their apartments because they don't have health insurance? Can you cite a single example out of a population of 300 million? Nice try, Brainiac.

How about 45,000 examples?

Study links 45,000 U.S. deaths to lack of insurance | Reuters

Is this where you say...."it doesn't say anything about it being in their apartments" and then run off?

From your article:

Some critics called the study flawed.

The National Center for Policy Analysis, a Washington think tank that backs a free-market approach to health care, said researchers overstated the death risk and did not track how long subjects were uninsured.

Furthermore, the "study" didn't consider the fact that people who don't get health insurance are far more likely to be risk takers and less concerned about their health than people who do. In other words, they are the kind of people who would die off in greater numbers regardless of whether they were insured or not.

The study only proves the limitless gullibility of liberals.

Forum List

Back