Romney impersonated a police officer

This is not something that can be brushed off with no explaination. It needs to be vetted immediately for truth. If the "witnesses" are lying that needs to be exposed in fairness to Romney. If this report holds up it is serious and demands an explaination.

Obama's illegal use of street drugs is now on the table? We want to look at his getting drunk and high and not caring about anything?

Or is it somehow different to Romney, and why?

Okay.

Most of us got drunk or high.

Raise your hand if you put on a police uniform your dad got for you, and used it with a cherry light to freak the fuck out of people.

I knew of kids that had the police lights, they were fairly easy to get, as far as the uniform, tough to find one.

I drank, never tried anything else, but to. Me doing crack is wrong, just as impersonating an officer is wrong, both carry penalties, on e is highly addictive and messes up you mind. Sorry but I gave Obama a pass on coke use, I'd give Romney a pass on this childish prank.

Nobody read the WaPo article, huh. The police uniform was mentioned in that article, weeks before this story broke. I'm assuming she read the one and recalled the other.

Report: Mitt Romney impersonated police officer as part of high school prank - VOTE AZ 2012

Phillip Maxwell, a prep school buddy, told the New Republic in 2008 that Romney had pulled over students from a girls school next door to Cranbrook while wearing a police uniform as a prank. Other former classmates described Mitt as a “happy-go-lucky guy known less for his achievements and more for his pranks.”

In The Real Romney, a biography published by Boston Globe reporters Michael Kranish and Scott Helman this year,another former friend recalled how Romney had “put a siren on top of his car and chased two of his friends who were driving around with their dates.” The two friends were in on the scheme, but the girls were not. There was beer in the car trunk, according to a prearranged plan. Mitt told his two counterparts to get out of their vehicle and into his car. Then they drove off, leaving the girls behind.

“It was a terrible thing to do,” said one of his accomplices, a Cranbrook classmate named Graham McDonald.

Or she read the one and decided she remembered the other...

Nobody read the WaPo article, huh. The police uniform was mentioned in that article, weeks before this story broke. I'm assuming she read the one and recalled the other.

Report: Mitt Romney impersonated police officer as part of high school prank - VOTE AZ 2012

Phillip Maxwell, a prep school buddy, told the New Republic in 2008 that Romney had pulled over students from a girls school next door to Cranbrook while wearing a police uniform as a prank. Other former classmates described Mitt as a “happy-go-lucky guy known less for his achievements and more for his pranks.”

In The Real Romney, a biography published by Boston Globe reporters Michael Kranish and Scott Helman this year,another former friend recalled how Romney had “put a siren on top of his car and chased two of his friends who were driving around with their dates.” The two friends were in on the scheme, but the girls were not. There was beer in the car trunk, according to a prearranged plan. Mitt told his two counterparts to get out of their vehicle and into his car. Then they drove off, leaving the girls behind.

“It was a terrible thing to do,” said one of his accomplices, a Cranbrook classmate named Graham McDonald.

Or she read the one and decided she remembered the other...

Just like the four gentlemen in the WaPo article remembered the haircut Romney doesn't remember?

What cracks me up is these people are professionals in their 60's, but people, without doing any investigation, malign them rather than take a hard look at the man at the center of these stories.

And then it's all "BUT OBAMA!!!" without acknowledging that y'all are doing EXACTLY what you accuse this side of the aisle of doing, i.e., giving the man a pass, when if it was OBAMA, you'd be so far up his shit, I'd hear your voice when he opened his mouth.

This is not something that can be brushed off with no explaination. It needs to be vetted immediately for truth. If the "witnesses" are lying that needs to be exposed in fairness to Romney. If this report holds up it is serious and demands an explaination.

Obama's illegal use of street drugs is now on the table? We want to look at his getting drunk and high and not caring about anything?

Okay.

Raise your hand if you put on a police uniform your dad got for you, and used it with a cherry light to freak the fuck out of people.

Raise your hand if you have proof that it happened.

By proof, I do not mean gossip.... I mean actual proof.

I'll wait.

Because the stories themselves are stupid. If this is the worst they have against Romney, they have nothing at all. If this is what the left is using to remove some of the shine from what Bill Clinton called a sterling business career, it isn't at all going to work.

Okay.

I'll wait.

Sure ya will. Or wait - am I supposed to get all freaked out and go digging for 'proof' that Sandi will find acceptable?

:lol:

Okay.

I'll wait.

Sure ya will. Or wait - am I supposed to get all freaked out and go digging for 'proof' that Sandi will find acceptable?

You take gossip as proof, that's your problem. You stated it as fact, not speculation... it's for you to establish it as factually accurate.

I'll wait.

You take gossip as proof, that's your problem. You stated it as fact, not speculation... it's for you to establish it as factually accurate.

Yeah, well; as soon as you start seeking the same from your fellow right-wing nutjobs, we'll have that chat.

Okay, I have to bring this to everyone's attention here. Possession of a police officer's uniform IS NOT a crime. And let's be REAL honest here. Do you know how many times I was approached while ON DUTY by citizens who wanted me to arrest the birthday boy, harrass their date, or participate in some other joke that they've concocted? Literally EVERY week.

I remember one year on Halloween, I was sitting behind a business talking to another officer waiting, praying for the end of shift (it had been REAL busy). This pickup goes tearing by and before we could get after him, another car comes by with a flashing red light on the dash. Naturally, since we KNEW every cop car within 100 miles, and this was not one of them, we KNEW something was up. The other officer went after and had a heck of a time stopping the first car. I got the second one with the red light. After I get them stopped, out steps a guy in the EXACT uniform I was wearing and he wasn't on the department! Seems he worked for the dry cleaners where we had our uniforms cleaned. The ONLY issue we had was that they were going about 80 miles an hour down a 40 mile an hour road. NO ONE went to jail. As a matter of fact, I took the kid home to his father. I would imagine it was the WORST punishment he could have had.

Dog on the roof and pranks when they were kids. Really??? Seriously, this is the incredible stuff you have on Mitt Romney? Okay, then let's take him home to his father too. This is really reaching...

I agree with California Girl... BD I thought you were much BETTER than this...

Last edited:
Except you were a police officer. Impersonating one is illegal in both states he did it in (California and Michigan).

And I don't think you do agree with CG - I don't believe she ever thought I was "better than this."

I am fascinated by the mindset of someone who - with no evidence other than the word of a former classmate - can create a 'fact' from a question.

This is how lies become 'truth'. And it is no a good thing... I am more than a tad disappointed in you BD. I thought you had more intellect than this.

Lies are all they have left.

says the guy who says obama is not a citizen

**Yawn**, so Obama had a choom gang and Romney had a policeman's uniform. Kids stuff.

Who do you think is exposing our security secrets, putting the entire US in danger?? How is classified intelligence getting in the MSM's hands.

How come Hollywood got to see stuff that was classifed so Obamavider could let them make a movie about him personally killing Osama bin Laden.

So yea, let's focus some more on Romney's pranks. It's dangerous and puts the country in peril because he did this 45 years ago. :eek:

Yeah, well; as soon as you start seeking the same from your fellow right-wing nutjobs, we'll have that chat.

I'm not overly interested in having any chat... but you are making a statement of fact that is based on nothing more than gossip. I can see why you struggle with the concept of due process. This isn't rocket science. You are producing gossip... he said, she said... and deciding what is fact. That is not fucking rational. How can you not see that?

Except you were a police officer. Impersonating one is illegal in both states he did it in (California and Michigan).

And I don't think you do agree with CG - I don't believe she ever thought I was "better than this."

Oh, that's cool.... now you get to decide for other posters who they do or do not agree with. Wow.... is that ever a credibility fail.

This all my be true, untrue or something in the middle and blown out of proportion but people on the right can't complain that Obama wasn't vetted enough and then want to brush this aside just because he's your guy. Nobody here knows for sure what the real truth is but I believe that it's a serious enough offense to warrant a little investigation. If your a republican, I'm pretty certain that if there is any thruth to this, you'd want to know it sooner rather than later. It may get blown out of proportion (to bad SNL's done for the summer. Anyone else see a great skit here?) but if untrue it will be very short lived.

You pretend the republican party has not cheated in elections for decades evern though the evidecne is court documented.

The right knows nothing but lies.

Forum List

Back