Romeny's Tax Returns from a Political Analysis Perspective

I see a lot of "My side vs. your side" here. So let me offer the observations of an Independent. Like I said before, Reid is probably lying his ass off. Normally the burden of proof lies on the accuser. But Romney is not being tried in a court of law, he's running for president. Thus, he is being tried in the Court of Public Opinion. So while I doubt Romney has committed any crimes, only the most faithful of ConservaRepubs feel it's appropriate for Romney to continue withholding his returns. LibDems, Moderates and Indie opinions of him declines as a result.
Obama has come out ahead in every poll since July 11. That includes FOX, Rasmussen and Gallup. Only denial would lead someone to think this isn't an issue.
When the Conservative editors of the National Review says he should release his returns, you know this isn't "just another unfair Liberal attack". It's a legitimate concern for his campaign.

Release the Returns - The Editors - National Review Online

No doubt the leftist moonbats will flog this dead horse endlessly and if Romney releases four years, they'll want five, then six, then seven, etc. NEWSFLASH: Normal people don't give a fuck. They have concerns aside form Mitt's tax returns, Ann's horse and the family dog. It's called $5,000,000,000,000 in new debt, no growth 40+ months of 8%+ unemployment, credit downgrades, worthless US $, housing markets in the shitter, etc.

Yep, that's pretty much true.

Most everyone thinks he should release them.

He should just do it or it will haunt him until the election.

Romney should toss the ball back to Obama's court, saying he will release his tax returns as soon as Obama releases his college transcripts at Columbia, where it is suspected that he went to school as a foreign exchange student from Indonesia, under the name Barry Soetoro, ( his stepfather's last name ) and where he received financial aid.

Why won't Obama release the freeze on those records? What is he hiding?

I see a lot of "My side vs. your side" here. So let me offer the observations of an Independent. Like I said before, Reid is probably lying his ass off. Normally the burden of proof lies on the accuser. But Romney is not being tried in a court of law, he's running for president. Thus, he is being tried in the Court of Public Opinion. So while I doubt Romney has committed any crimes, only the most faithful of ConservaRepubs feel it's appropriate for Romney to continue withholding his returns. ]

Your analysis is off. The only mistake at this point would be allowing the democrats to continue to set the conversation by making this a point of focus. The only people who will get really incensed over this are the far left who would never vote for Romney anyway. Independents are fleeing from obama as it is, and won't focus on this unless the Romney campaign lets it get legs it doesn't deserve.

It has legs and independents are not "fleeing" from the President .

It won't have legs if the Romney campaign doesn't let it. The media wants nothing more than to help obama in this regard, but if Romney refocuses on what a failure obama has been and how his "you didn't build that" attitude cannot be the way out of our current circumstances, everyone but the frothing-mouth far left will move on. The far left and their media proxy want to goad him into releasing a decade of records so they can spend every remaining minute before election day trying to make page #12974 into an issue (although it will turn out not to be) and then page #12975 an issue (although it will turn out not to be) and then page #12976 an issue (although it will turn out not to be) and on and on in order to avoid a conversation about obama's record and how his outlook on the economy and the country in general doesn't make sense as the way forward.

And independent voters are abandoning obama in large numbers. Catholics, moderates who bought into the fairy-tale last time and have been disappointed, younger voters who never really knew what the hell they stood for but thought he was 'cool' and will stay home with the bong this time around as they usually do, etc.

Your analysis is off. The only mistake at this point would be allowing the democrats to continue to set the conversation by making this a point of focus. The only people who will get really incensed over this are the far left who would never vote for Romney anyway. Independents are fleeing from obama as it is, and won't focus on this unless the Romney campaign lets it get legs it doesn't deserve.

It has legs and independents are not "fleeing" from the President .

It won't have legs if the Romney campaign doesn't let it. The media wants nothing more than to help obama in this regard, but if Romney refocuses on what a failure obama has been and how his "you didn't build that" attitude cannot be the way out of our current circumstances, everyone but the frothing-mouth far left will move on. The far left and their media proxy want to goad him into releasing a decade of records so they can spend every remaining minute before election day trying to make page #12974 into an issue (although it will turn out not to be) and then page #12975 an issue (although it will turn out not to be) and then page #12976 an issue (although it will turn out not to be) and on and on in order to avoid a conversation about obama's record and how his outlook on the economy and the country in general doesn't make sense as the way forward.
If pages 12,974-12,976 have anything newsworthy it will get reported.

Romeny is giving the story legs. Obama put the birther record to sleep and destroyed Donald Trump's credibility in one evening---the same evening he killed OBL by the way (talk about multi-tasking) by releasing his birth certificate. Sure there are still "asking questions" but look at the Great Gasbag; he's gotten zero help from most conservatives here. Birthers have been relegated to the local looney bins in almost every instance. "Taxers" could suffer the same relegation.

And independent voters are abandoning obama in large numbers. Catholics, moderates who bought into the fairy-tale last time and have been disappointed, younger voters who never really knew what the hell they stood for but thought he was 'cool' and will stay home with the bong this time around as they usually do, etc.

Which is why he is ahead in CO, NV, NM, WI, PA, OH, FL, VA....? What planet do you live on? The facts don't support your wild accusations.

Sorry.

I see a lot of "My side vs. your side" here. So let me offer the observations of an Independent. Like I said before, Reid is probably lying his ass off. Normally the burden of proof lies on the accuser. But Romney is not being tried in a court of law, he's running for president. Thus, he is being tried in the Court of Public Opinion. So while I doubt Romney has committed any crimes, only the most faithful of ConservaRepubs feel it's appropriate for Romney to continue withholding his returns. LibDems, Moderates and Indie opinions of him declines as a result.
Obama has come out ahead in every poll since July 11. That includes FOX, Rasmussen and Gallup. Only denial would lead someone to think this isn't an issue.
When the Conservative editors of the National Review says he should release his returns, you know this isn't "just another unfair Liberal attack". It's a legitimate concern for his campaign.

Release the Returns - The Editors - National Review Online
Rich folks figure out ways to avoid paying taxes. They use their riches to higher tax attorneys to do just that. What the fuck do you think the 100 million dollar IRA is for?
And thanks to demmie polls writing in loopholes, breaks, and goldstreet pavers, Americans are being bilked in full while Demmies point the finger at "those conservatives" while pocketing the millions of dollars in loopholes only they and their smart tax attorneys use. They leave a little access for people they can manipulate with FBI files like those used by Hillary "I forget" Clinton back when. Demmie polls laugh all the way to the bank. Have they invited you yet for camouflaging them with your ignorance?

Forum List

Back