Roman Emperor was transgender

It appears the Romans believed that Gender is fluid. "Romans were aware of gender fluidity".

The question I pose to YOU, why do yo not accept the fact that Gender is fluid? In the year 218AD, the Romans knew all about it.

You are making assumptions based on one specific individual. You used the word 'appears' in your 1st sentence and then imply that gender fluidity was universally accepted by the Romans, when that assumption has not been established as true.

I really don't care about anyone else's gender identity or expression, live and let live. But no one gets to require me to accept your gender identity or expression as factual or require the use of specific pronouns to reference them. And I ain't real thrilled with people who were born male competing with people born as females in any sport.

One deranged Roman Emperor isn't the entirety of the Roman population.

Stupid thread, even more stupid OP.
Excuse me? Romans openly accepted Homosexuality. Are you aware Apollo, the god of sun and music, is considered the patron of same sex love, as he had many male lovers and was often invoked to bless homosexual unions.

Don't give me this "one deranged" bit. It doesn't fly.

It was expected and socially acceptable for a freeborn Roman man to want sex with both female and male partners, as long as he took the penetrative role. The morality of the behavior depended on the social standing of the partner, not gender per se.

Homosexuality and Gender Fluidity was accepted and tolerated. Why do you have a problem?
You are attacking the message and the messenger. Are you uncomfortable?

You must be a Republican.

Excuse me? Romans openly accepted Homosexuality. Are you aware Apollo, the god of sun and music, is considered the patron of same sex love, as he had many male lovers and was often invoked to bless homosexual unions.

Don't give me this "one deranged" bit. It doesn't fly.

It was expected and socially acceptable for a freeborn Roman man to want sex with both female and male partners, as long as he took the penetrative role. The morality of the behavior depended on the social standing of the partner, not gender per se.

Homosexuality and Gender Fluidity was accepted and tolerated. Why do you have a problem?
You are attacking the message and the messenger. Are you uncomfortable?

You must be a Republican.
Couldn't care less what they accepted.....Gender dysphoria has nothing to do with homosexuality, and conflating the two is positively Orwellian....And yes, Marcus Aurelius Antoninus was fucking deranged....There's a reason he was assassinated.

I'm an agorist/anarcho-capitalist, as though that's of any relevance.

Not really. Since our good ol' US of A is less than 300 years old, it might be a tad early to start dissing other Republics or Empires that have had a longer life span than ours.
We live in faster times than the Romans did

It appears the Romans believed that Gender is fluid. "Romans were aware of gender fluidity".

The question I pose to YOU, why do yo not accept the fact that Gender is fluid? In the year 218AD, the Romans knew all about it.

Along with the fluidity, came the promiscuity. It is all documented.

As they say.. When in Rome... Enjoy.

A museum is to relabel its display about a Roman emperor after concluding that he was in fact a trans woman.

North Hertfordshire Museum will now refer to emperor Elagabalus with the female pronouns of she and her.

It comes after classical texts claim the emperor once said "call me not Lord, for I am a Lady".

A museum spokesperson said it was "only polite and respectful to be sensitive to identifying pronouns for people in the past".

The museum has one coin of Elagabalus, which is often displayed amongst other LGBTQ+ items in its collection.

It said it consulted LGBTQ+ charity Stonewall to ensure "displays, publicity and talks are as up-to-date and inclusive as possible".

By all historical accounts, Elagabalus was batshit crazy, and in many more ways than just his sexual depravities; and even his contemporaries thought so. At the age of 18, after serving only four years as Emperor, he was assassinated by his own guards. To cite anything about Elagabalus as evidence that “It appears the Romans believed that Gender is fluid. ‘Romans were aware of gender fluidity’.” is ignorant and dishonest.

No surprise at all to know that one of this forum's own more notorious degenerates admires Elagabalus as an example and role model.

By all historical accounts, Elagabalus was batshit crazy, and in many more ways than just his sexual depravities; and even his contemporaries thought so. At the age of 18, after serving only four years as Emperor, he was assassinated by his own guards. To cite anything about Elagabalus as evidence that “It appears the Romans believed that Gender is fluid. ‘Romans were aware of gender fluidity’.” is ignorant and dishonest.

No surprise at all to know that one of this forum's own more notorious degenerates admires Elagabalus as an example and role model.
Well, he likes it up the butt, so there's that.

Forum List

Back