Rolls Royce moving work to Germany because of brexit

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Rolls-Royce confirms transfer of work from Derby to Germany
Rolls-Royce has announced that it will be shifting work from Derby to Germany to limit disruption caused by Brexit .

The company confirmed in a trading update today that it is to transfer design approval work for its large aero engines away from Derby.

Engines designed and built by the firm, which has its civil aerospace division in Sinfin ,have to be signed off by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).

There is uncertainty as to how this aircraft safety and design approval process would work when the UK leaves the European Union.

That wasnt on that fucking bus.

“They may have to shuffle paperwork” ....whoopty shit. Your article says point blank no manufacturing would move. RR is the king of airline engines, they aren’t going anywhere.

If that is the worst you can come up with for Brexit, it was clearly a good deal.

Corporations have become like spoiled children...see what happens when governments bail their cry baby asses out?.....they come to expect your tax dollars will be there for them and when its not they threaten....just like 2 year old's...well I say F em...GM RR Ford Chrysler...and any other cry baby company that forgot how to make money on their own....

Rolls-Royce has announced that it will be shifting work from Derby to Germany to limit disruption caused by Brexit .

The company confirmed in a trading update today that it is to transfer design approval work for its large aero engines away from Derby.

Engines designed and built by the firm, which has its civil aerospace division in Sinfin ,have to be signed off by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).

There is uncertainty as to how this aircraft safety and design approval process would work when the UK leaves the European Union.

Yeah, that. And a few other things they preferred not to tell Britons.

I wish I knew what "design approval work" is, exactly. Is that such a large part of RR's engine development and manufacturing? Maybe it's just a few dozen workers, and thus the damage to Britain would be limited.

Corporations have become like spoiled children...see what happens when governments bail their cry baby asses out?.....they come to expect your tax dollars will be there for them and when its not they threaten....just like 2 year old's...well I say F em...GM RR Ford Chrysler...and any other cry baby company that forgot how to make money on their own....
And yet trump just gave them a couple trillion in more tax breaks and tax cuts.

Yeah, that. And a few other things they preferred not to tell Britons.

I wish I knew what "design approval work" is, exactly. Is that such a large part of RR's engine development and manufacturing? Maybe it's just a few dozen workers, and thus the damage to Britain would be limited.
I suspect it is something to do with ensuring that we comply with EU law. Something we have to do if we want to trade.

I dont think many jobs will go until the situation is clarified. Then the exodus will start and all of these firms will follow the banks.
Why manufacture in the Uk and have tarriffs added when you can do the same, tarriff free, in Poland or Belgium ?

I suspect it is something to do with ensuring that we comply with EU law. Something we have to do if we want to trade.

I dont think many jobs will go until the situation is clarified. Then the exodus will start and all of these firms will follow the banks.
Why manufacture in the Uk and have tarriffs added when you can do the same, tarriff free, in Poland or Belgium ?

I suspect it has more to do with the safety of the engine than "mere" legal issues.

I don't know, Tommy. The endless haggling, the ensuing uncertainty, might drive away some already (and it's already happening), while remaining within the customs union would obviate the need to move because of tariffs, no? Whatever, since the signs now point towards crashing out with no deal, the worst of all worlds, you might be proven right in the end.

And yet trump just gave them a couple trillion in more tax breaks and tax cuts.

WAY TO GO DONNY !!!!!!!

They couldn't even get the correct sum on the bus.

Brexit-Bus.png

RR is stupid because Merkel's mad house wants to produce electrical cars only.
It is already a war of Merkel's commies against all kinds of gasoline.

They should move to Sough Korea. More dedicated employees/quality control and advanced infrastructure. Germany is dying.

Forum List

Back