ROLL TIDE!

e6dbf0499dc2e3e81cc97a80c0c1a791.jpg
I was living in Tuscaloosa at the time, and was driving right past the hospital, on HWY 82, when they came on the radio with the breaking news that Bear Bryant had just died.

It was a zombie town for the next week. Nobody talked or looked anyone else in the eye. Just sadness. I think it was about a week later that they changed 7th Avenue to Bear Bryant Drive.
I Loved the Bear.............He was Great for Football and for the State of Alabama. It was sad news indeed...............He will always be remembered here.
ala8xbb14fmspcnL.jpg

Bear will always be remembered by all who love football. He is a legend.

I was living in Tuscaloosa at the time, and was driving right past the hospital, on HWY 82, when they came on the radio with the breaking news that Bear Bryant had just died.

It was a zombie town for the next week. Nobody talked or looked anyone else in the eye. Just sadness. I think it was about a week later that they changed 7th Avenue to Bear Bryant Drive.
I Loved the Bear.............He was Great for Football and for the State of Alabama. It was sad news indeed...............He will always be remembered here.
ala8xbb14fmspcnL.jpg

Bear will always be remembered by all who love football. He is a legend.

Bear is royalty in my part of the world. He is remembered as a great man and his teams one of our greatest bowl rivals.

The game lost giants with the losses of him and our man Bob Devaney.

I liked Ray Perkins, although he had a tough job following Bear.

I really liked Gene Stallings, maybe even more than Bear.

And Nick Saban actually has a better winning % than Bear.

ala8xbb14fmspcnL.jpg
Are you in T-Town?
LA

Lower Alabama. LOL
I know it well. East side more so - Dothan, Enterprise, Ozark. I loved Tuscaloosa back in the day, though. Especially Dreamland.

I am from Tuscaloosa. We used to ride our bikes over to see Bear coaching from his tower. I had the opportunity to meet him on several occasions. I remember being awed.

I was in VA when I learned of his death. Our water heater had just dropped the load and emptied all over the floor in our utility room. My friend called and told me the news. I dropped the mop and met him at the bar to drink the night away. It was surreal over the next week or so to imagine Crimson Tide football without Bear Bryant.

"GRAPEVINE, Texas -- The College Football Playoff selection committee has spoken -- and it likes the SEC..."

"At least for now.

"Mississippi State, Florida State, Auburn and Mississippi are the top four teams in the first College Football Playoff rankings.

"The first of seven Top 25 rankings compiled by a 12-member selection committee was released Tuesday night.

"The selection committee will ultimately pick the four teams to play in the national semifinals and set the matchups for the other four big New Year's Day bowls that are part of the playoff rotation.

"'It was extremely difficult, more difficult than any of us had expected having gone through our mock selections before,' Arkansas athletic director and committee chairman Jeff Long said. 'There are 18 one-loss teams in FBS at this point in time, and the difference between many of them is very slim.'

Oregon was fifth and Alabama was sixth, giving the Southeastern Conference's West Division four of the top six teams. There are still four games remaining matching those SEC West rivals, starting with Saturday's matchup of Auburn and Ole Miss in Oxford, Mississippi."

So...are we looking at four SEC teams in the first FBS Final Four?

College Football Playoff rankings -- Mississippi State Bulldogs Florida State Seminoles on top - ESPN

I like spending Thanksgiving on the beach in Fort Morgan, Alabama. It has always been fun traveling over there after the big game. With LSU stickers on my back window, it always strikes up a lively conversation in the grocery store parking lot or wherever ... Made some decent Bama friends as well.

Forum List

Back