Roland Burris - Another Chicago Politician.

I'm wondering why Durkin thought anything having to do with Burriss' AG campaign was relevant to any discussion of Blagojevitch's impeachement....

other than for him to be a grandstanding twit who thought he'd try for the senate seat himself since he lost it to Durbin last time out.

........ just sayin'

I'm wondering why Durkin thought anything having to do with Burriss' AG campaign was relevant to any discussion of Blagojevitch's impeachement....

other than for him to be a grandstanding twit who thought he'd try for the senate seat himself since he lost it to Durbin last time out.

........ just sayin'

It was Burriss' gubernatorial campaign against Blago. 2002. I dunno, if someone is making a $1.2 million "loan" that never gets paid back (sounds like a gift to me or pay for play), I think it would be relevant to know the details about it whenever and where ever you discover it....just cuz it sounds dirty as hell.

Wouldn't you want to know if the guy you just had appointed to the senate is dirty as hell? Seems like you would. Granted, it may not be relevant to the impeachment (this one), but it might be nice to have it on the record for somebody.

It was Burriss' gubernatorial campaign against Blago. 2002. I dunno, if someone is making a $1.2 million "loan" that never gets paid back (sounds like a gift to me or pay for play), I think it would be relevant to know the details about it whenever and where ever you discover it....just cuz it sounds dirty as hell.

Wouldn't you want to know if the guy you just had appointed to the senate is dirty as hell? Seems like you would. Granted, it may not be relevant to the impeachment (this one), but it might be nice to have it on the record for somebody.

Irrelevant. That wasn't the place for it. If they think Burris is dirty (something which hasn't ever been raised before) then they should deal with that in the SENATE. This guy was trying to grandstand at a hearing about Blago. If the loan had been made TO Blago and not paid back, entirely different inquiry, and one which would have been appropriate to the forum.

I stand by what I said about the motivation for the questions.

Forum List

Back