Roberts Justice or Injustice

Yup. I agree.

As I've said. This whole deal is a win, win for Romney and the GOP.

Aren't you more concerned with what Roberts said more than anything else?

“ It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices.”

Nope because he's right that isn't the're job.

We do have something that addresses that. Its called casting a ballot.

When the same people support both party's and candidates how does your vote count?

cjjr.jpg

Thanks for the links, Lakhota.

TPM reports that one prankster managed to change Roberts’ wiki page to read “17th Chief Traitor of the United States,” until it was taken down.

Rep. Jack Kingston (R-bugfuck) even tweeted he no longer considers Roberts a friend. But the Romney campaign hasn’t gotten that memo yet. Their Courts & Constitution webpage still states in part, “As president, Mitt will nominate judges in the mold of Chief Justice Roberts …”

I think most of this stuff is harmless, and even understandable, given the bizarro parallel universe conservatives dwell in these days. They’ve been told again and again, i.e. savagely lied to, by sources they trust from TV, from radio, in some cases from their pastors and their bosses, that this conservative approach to healthcare – championed by the Heritage Foundation and enacted by Mitt Romney – is actually the greatest communist threat to America since fluoridation. They’re responding the way you’d expect.

But there are a few dangerous, violent nuts in that group. Well armed ones too, some of them with a history of not just making threats, but carrying them out. I don’t think there’s any doubt that John Roberts will be under stepped up, around the clock, police protection going forward, if he isn’t already, and that it may have to last for the rest of his life.

The usual suspects go collectively insane | The Zingularity

It ain't spam. It reflects the wrath of you lunacons.

I don't give a fuck if conservatives call Roberts a traitor or what ever. I want to discuss how he can justify what he said.

Because it's the truth?? It really isn't SCOTUS job to 'protect us from ourselves'.

That's OUR job, and we need to succeed at it in November.

Which takes us back to the point of this thread. What happens when most think their vote counts but in reality it doesn't? Since the court said it's not up too them to stand up for you.

Because it's not the job of the courts to rule with political bias. When they do, Conservatives bark about 'judicial activism'.

Can't have your cake, as they say, and eat it too.

You're going to be in for a big surprise.

So when your vote really doesn't count you just sit back and take it.
My vote counts as does yours. The legislative branch writes the laws, the executive branch enforces them and the judicial branch is NOT INVOLVED IN THE POLITICAL CHOICES. The key word is POLITICAL.

The commerce clause in the Constitution provides for the power of the federal government to levy taxes. The SCOTUS heard the testimony, read the briefs and ruled constitutionally and not politically.

Now, if you want the courts to be a political arm of the federal government, you must learn to stop grousing about 'judicial activism' when strictly political rulings are set forth.

Holy shit, did you just type that drivel with a straight face??

I don't give a fuck if conservatives call Roberts a traitor or what ever. I want to discuss how he can justify what he said.

Because it's the truth?? It really isn't SCOTUS job to 'protect us from ourselves'.

Which takes us back to the point of this thread. What happens when most think their vote counts but in reality it doesn't? Since the court said it's not up too them to stand up for you.

Reb, our votes DO count. The fact is that SCOTUS ruled based on their actual job description instead of political ideology. That's a GOOD thing.

Reb, our votes DO count. The fact is that SCOTUS ruled based on their actual job description instead of political ideology. That's a GOOD thing.

My faith in the electoral process has diminished as I get older, I guess because I have seen a lot. And it seems to be vamping up and out of control.

I'll do it the Founding fathers way.

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." With a few words from Winston Churchill.

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." With a few words from Winston Churchill.

Okay - Will I be seeing you on the news when you're shot down in a blaze of glory? Cuz I think your cheese just done slid clear off your cracker, cracker.

Okay - Will I be seeing you on the news when you're shot down in a blaze of glory? Cuz I think your cheese just done slid clear off your cracker, cracker.

I guess you would have had a problem with the founders in their days also.

I guess you're not going to answer the question.

So either you are posturing (the most likely) or you're threatening to do something stupid. Which is it?

So either you are posturing (the most likely) or you're threatening to do something stupid. Which is it?

I guess you'll never know but I k now you would never have supported the founders if you were living during their life time.

I guess you'll never know but I k now you would never have supported the founders if you were living during their life time.

Still not answering, huh. Okay, that's fine. I mean - I've never expected any more than that from YOU of all people.

Still not answering, huh. Okay, that's fine. I mean - I've never expected any more than that from YOU of all people.

Like wise you never answered to begin with.

Like wise you never answered to begin with.

Wrong time to play that card. You didn't bring it up before, you don't get to bring it up now. You going to commit treason, Lil Debbie? Or are you a poseur?

Forum List

Back