Lawyer says Florida Police Tortured Casey Anthony

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
Casey Anthony's jailers took her in shackles to a room where she was to be surprised by news coverage when police discovered her daughter's decomposed body, a tactic that her lawyer claims in a new book was "torture."

Attorney Jose Baez writes that police hoped to get a revealing reaction, possibly a confession, out of Anthony by shocking her with the news story and refused to let her lawyer see Anthony while this was going on.

"They sent someone to Casey's cell," Baez writes in his upcoming book. "They shackled her legs and hands in chains, marched her to the medical unit, sat her down where there were several correctional officers and a couple of nurses standing around watching her, and forced her to watch the breaking news that police had found Caylee's remains so they could record her reaction."

The grainy video shows Anthony sitting in a waiting room. There is no audio, but after she appears to hear something -- reportedly the televised news that a child's body was found in a swampy area near the Anthony home -- she puts her hands and forearms across her stomach, and begins to slowly rock backwards and forwards. Her breathing seems to quicken and her chest can be seen rising and falling.

The circumstances surrounding the tape, which a Florida judge called "highly inflammatory," are detailed in Baez's book "Presumed Guilty, Casey Anthony: The Inside Story," set to be released on July 3.

"As soon as the police got to the site where Caylee's remains lay, Commander Matt Irwin, the head of missing person's unit, came up with the bright idea of calling the jail and asking if there was a room where they could take Casey and videotape her reaction to their finding Caylee's remains," Baez wrote.

Irwin was told Anthony could be taken to the medical unit where there was a TV and a camera that could record her reaction, according to Baez who claims police were hoping that Anthony would "say something, maybe flip out and confess."

Baez said he had rushed to the jail to see his client in hopes of breaking the news to her. But when he arrived, authorities would not let him through the gate. He was told that Anthony was being taken to the medical unit and he would have to wait to see her.

Anthony was inside being shown news coverage of the discovery of Caylee's remains.

"Meanwhile, oblivious to what they were doing, I was outside trying to get in while they were torturing her," he wrote. "Clearly this was a violation of her right to counsel and what two of the correctional officers would later testify to be cruel and unusual punishment."

"To this day it was one of the cruelest and most disgusting things I have ever seen the cops do," Baez wrote.

Authorities later said that they had taken Anthony to the medical unit out of concern for her health and well-being. Nearly an hour after he arrived at the courthouse, Baez said he was taken to Anthony.

The Moment Casey Anthony Heard Caylee's Body Had Been Found - ABC News

Last edited:
Apparently they didn't torture her enough......
icon15.gif

Casey Anthony admitted to killing daughter, paid lawyer with sex, court papers allege
Thursday, May 26, 2016 - Acquitted murderer Casey Anthony confessed to her lawyer that she killed her 3-year-old daughter and hid the tot’s body, a private investigator claimed in recently filed court documents.
The same papers also allege that the Florida mom paid her attorney, Jose Baez, with sex, and that she once “owed him three b--- jobs” for organizing her interviews with the media. Baez firmly denied the accusations, which were revealed in court documents from Anthony’s ongoing bankruptcy case. “I further unequivocally and categorically deny having any sexual relationship with Ms. Anthony whatsoever,” he said in a statement to WFTV.

A Florida jury acquitted Anthony in 2011, clearing her of charges in the 2008 death of her daughter, Caylee, whose body was found dumped near the family home. The affadavit file this week — was penned by a private investigator hired by Baez during the case. Dominic Casey claimed he repeatedly witnessed “escalating misconduct” between the lawyer and his client, and the pair had worked out a deal to trade legal services for sex. “Casey told me she had to do what Jose said because she had no money for her defense,” wrote Casey, who claimed to have witnessed Anthony running naked through Baez’ office.

The private investigator recalled one night in 2008 when he watched Baez cancel a TV interview on Anthony’s schedule after the mom said she didn’t want to go through with it. On top of the sexual misconduct allegations, Casey also claimed that Baez told him of Anthony’s guilt as they prepared for the trial. “He called the network, saying they would have to take a raincheck, hung up the phone and said to Casey: ‘You now owe me three b--- jobs,’ ” Casey said. “Baez told me that Casey had murdered Caylee and dumped the body somewhere and he needed all the help he could get to find the body before anyone else,” Dominic Casey wrote.

The Florida mom also tried to pin the death on Roy Kronk, a meter reader who found little Caylee’s remains, Casey wrote. “Since Roy Kronk was a meter reader for the house, maybe ‘we could say Roy Kronk kidnapped Caylee,’ ” Casey recalled Anthony saying. “I told her I would not do that because we both know he had nothing to do with Caylee’s disappearance.” Kronk is now suing Anthony, claiming her insistence that he kidnapped the little girl ruined his image.

Casey Anthony paid lawyer with sex, court papers allege

Granny says confiscate dat plane an' make him walk home...
thumbsup.gif

Ex-attorney for Casey Anthony tried to fly planeload of cocaine out of Ecuador: Court
Nov. 5, 2017 -- The former defense attorney on one of the most controversial murder trials in recent years was found guilty in federal court Friday of attempting to fly a planeload of cocaine across international borders.
Todd Macaluso, best-known for being on the defense team that won an acquittal for Casey Anthony, the Florida mother accused of killing her baby in 2011, was convicted of conspiracy and drug trafficking by a Brooklyn federal jury. Prosecutors said Macaluso was using his private plane to work with other drug traffickers to arrange a pick up of about 3,000 pounds of cocaine in Ecuador, which would then be unloaded in Honduras. Macaluso maintains his innocence and has said he was exploring a real estate venture, not attempting to run drugs. "Mr. Macaluso was disappointed with the verdict but looks forward to being vindicated in future proceedings," said his attorney, Michael Gold, according to the New York Post.

Ex-attorney-for-Casey-Anthony-tried-to-fly-planeload-of-cocaine-out-of-Ecuador-Court.jpg

Guatemalan authorities seize 720 cocaine kilos from a plane near Guatemala cityon August 11, 2009. On Friday, a former high-profile attorney was found guilty of attempting to traffic 3,000 pounds of cocaine from Ecuador to Honduras on board his private plane.​

Macaluso had fallen on hard times recently. After winning the Anthony case, Macaluso was busted for wire fraud when federal authorities found he defrauded his clients and investors "by entering into funding agreements that put his clients' personal injury cases up as collateral without their knowledge or consent," according to the FBI. After a five month prison sentence in 2015, Macaluso was disbarred and placed on probation. And according to the Los Angeles Times, he filed for bankruptcy under the duress of debt, unpaid taxes and fines.

An avid pilot, Macaluso earned money by flying wealthy people on his private pane from southern California to a resort in Mexico with the permission of his probation officers. During this time, authorities said he was contacted by drug traffickers, apparently to do drug runs with his plane. But in November 2016, when Macaluso and hhis co-conspirators flew from Tijuana, Mexico to Haiti to meet with others, they were arrested by Haitian law enforcement. Macaluso was indicted five days later in New York.

Ex-attorney for Casey Anthony tried to fly planeload of cocaine out of Ecuador: Court

Apparently they didn't torture her enough......
icon15.gif

Casey Anthony admitted to killing daughter, paid lawyer with sex, court papers allege
Thursday, May 26, 2016 - Acquitted murderer Casey Anthony confessed to her lawyer that she killed her 3-year-old daughter and hid the tot’s body, a private investigator claimed in recently filed court documents.
The same papers also allege that the Florida mom paid her attorney, Jose Baez, with sex, and that she once “owed him three b--- jobs” for organizing her interviews with the media. Baez firmly denied the accusations, which were revealed in court documents from Anthony’s ongoing bankruptcy case. “I further unequivocally and categorically deny having any sexual relationship with Ms. Anthony whatsoever,” he said in a statement to WFTV.

A Florida jury acquitted Anthony in 2011, clearing her of charges in the 2008 death of her daughter, Caylee, whose body was found dumped near the family home. The affadavit file this week — was penned by a private investigator hired by Baez during the case. Dominic Casey claimed he repeatedly witnessed “escalating misconduct” between the lawyer and his client, and the pair had worked out a deal to trade legal services for sex. “Casey told me she had to do what Jose said because she had no money for her defense,” wrote Casey, who claimed to have witnessed Anthony running naked through Baez’ office.

The private investigator recalled one night in 2008 when he watched Baez cancel a TV interview on Anthony’s schedule after the mom said she didn’t want to go through with it. On top of the sexual misconduct allegations, Casey also claimed that Baez told him of Anthony’s guilt as they prepared for the trial. “He called the network, saying they would have to take a raincheck, hung up the phone and said to Casey: ‘You now owe me three b--- jobs,’ ” Casey said. “Baez told me that Casey had murdered Caylee and dumped the body somewhere and he needed all the help he could get to find the body before anyone else,” Dominic Casey wrote.

The Florida mom also tried to pin the death on Roy Kronk, a meter reader who found little Caylee’s remains, Casey wrote. “Since Roy Kronk was a meter reader for the house, maybe ‘we could say Roy Kronk kidnapped Caylee,’ ” Casey recalled Anthony saying. “I told her I would not do that because we both know he had nothing to do with Caylee’s disappearance.” Kronk is now suing Anthony, claiming her insistence that he kidnapped the little girl ruined his image.

Casey Anthony paid lawyer with sex, court papers allege

So you hate the Constitution. Why am I not surprised when every cop who stubs his toe is proof of the war on police. Or something.

New Topics

Forum List

Back