SCOTUS deals blow to Republican gerrymandering!

It was a SCOTUS ruling. They aren’t fighting it because you can’t appeal it.

They’re ignoring it.

SCOTUS didn't direct them how to make the changes, they left that to the lower courts. THAT is what is being brought back up to the SC, and then not taken by the SC.

All part of the process.

Why does anyone have to change in front of anyone if they don’t want to?

When you force places to allow men claiming to be women into changing rooms, it tends to happen.

Mostly because a lot of these he/shes get off on it.

SCOTUS didn't direct them how to make the changes, they left that to the lower courts. THAT is what is being brought back up to the SC, and then not taken by the SC.

All part of the process.
That’s a lie. SCOTUS upheld the lower court decision to create a second majority black district.

They ignored that.

The sad thing is if you idiots get what you want is all that happens is society collapses.

Both sides can lose, but only our side can really win. and even then you can still pretend what you are not and live your life.
I don't really see a great difference between blacks and whites on transgender issues (the Pew poll covers other issues as well)

That’s a lie. SCOTUS upheld the lower court decision to create a second majority black district.

They ignored that.

And they went back to the lower court, the lower court didn't like it, it went back up to SCOTUS, SCOTUS said not looking at it.

Now back to square one. All perfectly legal and part of the process.

And they went back to the lower court, the lower court didn't like it, it went back up to SCOTUS, SCOTUS said not looking at it.

Now back to square one. All perfectly legal and part of the process.
You’re still ignoring the part where they blatantly disregarded the decision from SCOTUS.

This isn’t a matter of opinion. They did so intentionally.

But you think it’s legal to ignore SCOTUS?

Actually you are missing the point, that policy things in the end result in actual interactions and occurrences at the personal level.

And that is what the fight is about.
So you are okay with the government forcing people to change in front of some people?

I don't really see a great difference between blacks and whites on transgender issues (the Pew poll covers other issues as well)

Polls on complex issues like that are pretty worthless in my books, except for long term trending.

This is good news as gerrymandering needs to stop. Now tell me, how do you feel about the gross gerrymander Democrats did in Illinois? How about the gerrymandering they did here in Nevada? How about the gerrymandering New York Democrats attempted last year, but got shot down by the courts, but are talking about trying again before next year's election? How come you guys aren't stopping yourselves?

Well I cannot make them stop but it is all bullshit. I happen to be in 1 of the most gerrymandered states and no matter what it is wrong!

Thank you, I was going to start a thread so I could ask a question. I don't spend a lot of time following civil rights voting cases, but I was surprised at the Sup Ct decision. I realize the Ala gop drew the map to have only one black (dem) rep, among 6 white gop reps, despite the state being 25% african american, but I was suprised it bothered five of the "justices." I don't understand what actually motivated them to block obvious partisan and racial disparities?

The short answer is newt gingrich. This is an area of conflict now when it comes to minority-majority districts. Basically, the VRA required them but Newt and Georgia back in the 90's found a way to draw them to make them supra-minority majority districts. This had the effect of taking blacks out of some districts where they were the swing voters. Since then, if you create them, you are a racist; if you don't create them you are a racist. If you want to learn more details, just google around and find the old Mother Jones expose about it. They did the analysis that showed by pushing the number of minorities in M-M districts way up, the GOP were able to turn some violet districts very safe red seats.

Forum List

Back