He chose to defend his State against invasion and tried to end the war, but Lincoln would have none of it.

Do YOU believe that preventing the southern states from seceding was worth 600,000 lives?

I don't know. Supreme Court ruled that it was a rebellion not a secession. Also they took over dozens of military bases, shipyards, ships, mints, weapons Depots, gold reserves... All which was federal property. And they bombed a US base for nearly a day straight. I would hope if someone did that to America we would call that an act of war.

The Supreme Court never even heard a case on whether secession was legal or not, so that's a non-argument. The reason why is that nobody ever brought such a case, certainly not Buchanan or Lincoln, which was the proper procedure, but of course the reasons no one ever brought such a case before the Court was because no one was stupid enough to bring one, since it wasn't illegal and was never considered to be illegal, and there is some 70 years of history before 1860 that clearly demonstrate nobody thought it was illegal, not even Lincoln, or he would have brought suit.

But, the cognitive dissonance is amusing that someone would cite a Court case that had nothing to do with the legality of secession as an appeal to higher authority, to a Court that also ruled slavery was legal, Dred Scott, etc., etc..

Last edited:
Maybe California will settle the secession argument when they secede. Then the south can secede the same way. Then Texas, and whoever else until liberals have their own little countries.

Blockading a port falls under acts of war, so yes, Lincoln is responsible for starting one, unnecessarily so.

History INCLUDES everything, people , events and topics you don't like. You may have studied history, but you don't understand it. Please. Lee is definitely part of history, let alone American provincial as much as Lincoln or John Brown or MLK or Malcolm X.
:clap:

When in the world did we start trying to deny the existence of things we don't like?
When Marxists, who like to air brush away history of people they dont like, took over the humanities departments in almost all of our colleges and universities.

There is a statute in Ohio from the Civil War that is our heritage. You can see it here: 4th amendment rooted in county « Harrison News Herald. America was founded on the belief that all men are created equal, it took a while to achieve that and some may say we still aren't there. Let's not go backward. White nationalists, white supremacists, the alt-right, and neo-Nazis do not represent the heritage that is America. The confederacy sought to destroy our heritage as Americans not support it, that much should be clear. Over six hundred thousand died to maintain America's dream of equality for all.

"It is a ‘white man’s government,’ is it? Why, the very first blood shed for the assertion of your independence and the establishment of your nationality, upon the field of Lexington, was the blood of a black citizen of Massachusetts. And when they came to the work, after the victory had been achieved, and the independence of the nation acknowledged, of organizing a constitutional government of the United States, in a majority of the States of the Union the black men voted with white men, and the man who denies it is simply ignorant of the history of his own country. . . .

Your armies bore witness that 175,000 of the black population, made free by the proclamation of liberty, were in the army of the republic. When you consider that the majority of the black population were the slaves of rebels, and within their territory, unable to signify to the United States Government their unwillingness to serve it, the fact that as large a population of the black population as of the free whites rushed to the defense of your flag, speaks well for their patriotism. . . "

Source: Balkinization, 'John Bingham on Racial Equality' Gerard N. Magliocca

"Bingham lived two more years and died in Cadiz on March 19, 1900. Bingham was interred in Union Cemetery in Cadiz. In 1901, the citizens of Harrison County, Ohio erected a bronze statue honoring Bingham in Cadiz." | Ohio Civil War Central

And there is a history and a heritage and it is not one we should be proud of.

"There is a crucial difference between leaders like Washington and Jefferson, imperfect men who helped create the United States, Ms. Gordon-Reed said, and Confederate generals like Jackson and Lee, whose main historical significance is that they took up arms against it. The comparison, she added, also “misapprehends the moral problem with the Confederacy.”" Historians Question Trump’s Comments on Confederate Monuments

"“We would not want to whitewash our history by pretending that Jim Crow and disenfranchisement or massive resistance to the civil rights movement never happened,” he said. “That is the part of our history that these monuments testify to.”" [from above]

States rights my....

John Bingham and the Story of American Liberty: The Lost Cause Meets the 'Lost Clause' John Bingham and the Story of American Liberty: The Lost Cause Meets the 'Lost Clause' by Michael Kent Curtis :: SSRN

I Studied the Alt-Right So You Don’t Have To: I Studied the Alt-Right So You Don’t Have To – Form and Resonance – Medium

"Education is dangerous - every educated person is a future enemy." Hermann Goering

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance." Eric Hoffer

The first documented slave owner in the USA was Anthony Johnson. A BLACK man. He is the first person to have his lifetime ownership of another human being in the USA ratified by a Court.

That is YOUR heritage.

'9 Facts About Slavery' That Aren't Entirely True

Makes me wonder, all the people protesting at Charlotte, how many were locals, take a deep breath, and let the locals decide If they want these statues removed? What harm would that do? Hold a local vote on this.Instead of people barging in and forcing whatever self righteous opinions on the local citizens and harming each other. Or is this to obvious a solution by the adults in the room?

Last edited:
Makes me wonder, all the people protesting at Charlotte, how many were locals, how many were outside agitators? I have the sense that it wasn't locals. Maybe all of us should should take a deep breath, and let the locals decide If they want these statues removed? What harm would that do? Hold a local vote on this.Instead of people barging in and forcing whatever self righteous opinions on the local citizens and harming each other. Or is this to obvious a solution by the adults in the room?

For real, back when I was like..8 years old, there were protests happening in the town.
Huelah Mae said "Don't go 'round there, they bussin' niggas in from up North to stir shit up."

History INCLUDES everything, people , events and topics you don't like. You may have studied history, but you don't understand it. Please. Lee is definitely part of history, let alone American provincial as much as Lincoln or John Brown or MLK or Malcolm X.
:clap:

When in the world did we start trying to deny the existence of things we don't like?
When Marxists, who like to air brush away history of people they dont like, took over the humanities departments in almost all of our colleges and universities.

Saw that as it was happening in real time, though the 'Old Left' was far less than impressed with the vermin passing for the 'New Left', and warned about where the scum were heading; their prediction turned out to be right, and so were the 'old' liberals, like Moynihan, about the consequences of 'neo-liberalism' and radicals taking over. His predictions were also spot on.

Makes me wonder, all the people protesting at Charlotte, how many were locals, how many were outside agitators? I have the sense that it wasn't locals. Maybe all of us should should take a deep breath, and let the locals decide If they want these statues removed? What harm would that do? Hold a local vote on this.Instead of people barging in and forcing whatever self righteous opinions on the local citizens and harming each other. Or is this to obvious a solution by the adults in the room?

For real, back when I was like..8 years old, there were protests happening in the town.
Huelah Mae said "Don't go 'round there, they bussin' niggas in from up North to stir shit up."
Really? I am not sure how to interpret that. The locals in these cities need to decide this themselves as a democracy. I am at a loss here WHY people glommed onto forced removal of civil war statues as a way to fight racism . It's become a fad or some kind of mania.

Makes me wonder, all the people protesting at Charlotte, how many were locals, how many were outside agitators? I have the sense that it wasn't locals.

Well, it's distinction without a difference now; since the Democrats now can recruit paid thugs via targeted areas by ads on Craig's List and the like, they can find 'local' vermin and claim a veneer of it being a 'local' thing while the money can of come from anywhere in the world now.

Robert E. Lee is the South's heritage. He was a good and honorable man.

I know there's no first hand witnesses to this, but I guarantee, there's people who heard what their elders were witness to.

Makes me wonder, all the people protesting at Charlotte, how many were locals, how many were outside agitators? I have the sense that it wasn't locals.

Well, it's distinction without a difference now; since the Democrats now can recruit paid thugs via targeted areas by ads on Craig's List and the like, they can find 'local' vermin and claim a veneer of it being a 'local' thing while the money can of come from anywhere in the world now.
I have noticed how the "Media" picks up on liberal politically correct popular issues and practically obsess on them, and that isn't the sign of healthy and fair balanced press. We all need to back off the politics and look at the facts. All of US.

Really? I am not sure how to interpret that. The locals in these cities need to decide this themselves as a democracy. I am a loss here WHY people glommed onto forced removal of civil war statues as a way to fight racism . It's become a fad or some kind of mania.

The Russia hoax failed, and actually backfired, so they need new fake issues; it's an ongoing scam, so don't be misled that there is anything but agitprop and Big Lie tactics. Next week a new one will be all the rage.

Don't worry; the fact they're having to pay people to show up is a clear sign they're not nearly as popular as they're trying to claim. What should be of concern is why the AG is not investigating this criminal activity and launching RICO violation investigations. With the FBI compromised by felon leakers on the DNC payroll, he should be hiring and deputizing private investigation agencies by the hundreds.

I have noticed how the "Media" picks up on liberal politically correct popular issues and practically obsess on them, and that isn't the sign of healthy and fair balanced press. We all need to back off the politics and look at the facts. All of US.

You know, you're one that it's kind of hard to pin down where you're coming from.

There is a statute in Ohio from the Civil War that is our heritage. You can see it here: 4th amendment rooted in county « Harrison News Herald. America was founded on the belief that all men are created equal, it took a while to achieve that and some may say we still aren't there. Let's not go backward. White nationalists, white supremacists, the alt-right, and neo-Nazis do not represent the heritage that is America. The confederacy sought to destroy our heritage as Americans not support it, that much should be clear. Over six hundred thousand died to maintain America's dream of equality for all.

"It is a ‘white man’s government,’ is it? Why, the very first blood shed for the assertion of your independence and the establishment of your nationality, upon the field of Lexington, was the blood of a black citizen of Massachusetts. And when they came to the work, after the victory had been achieved, and the independence of the nation acknowledged, of organizing a constitutional government of the United States, in a majority of the States of the Union the black men voted with white men, and the man who denies it is simply ignorant of the history of his own country. . . .

Your armies bore witness that 175,000 of the black population, made free by the proclamation of liberty, were in the army of the republic. When you consider that the majority of the black population were the slaves of rebels, and within their territory, unable to signify to the United States Government their unwillingness to serve it, the fact that as large a population of the black population as of the free whites rushed to the defense of your flag, speaks well for their patriotism. . . "

Source: Balkinization, 'John Bingham on Racial Equality' Gerard N. Magliocca

"Bingham lived two more years and died in Cadiz on March 19, 1900. Bingham was interred in Union Cemetery in Cadiz. In 1901, the citizens of Harrison County, Ohio erected a bronze statue honoring Bingham in Cadiz." | Ohio Civil War Central

And there is a history and a heritage and it is not one we should be proud of.

"There is a crucial difference between leaders like Washington and Jefferson, imperfect men who helped create the United States, Ms. Gordon-Reed said, and Confederate generals like Jackson and Lee, whose main historical significance is that they took up arms against it. The comparison, she added, also “misapprehends the moral problem with the Confederacy.”" Historians Question Trump’s Comments on Confederate Monuments

"“We would not want to whitewash our history by pretending that Jim Crow and disenfranchisement or massive resistance to the civil rights movement never happened,” he said. “That is the part of our history that these monuments testify to.”" [from above]

States rights my....

John Bingham and the Story of American Liberty: The Lost Cause Meets the 'Lost Clause' John Bingham and the Story of American Liberty: The Lost Cause Meets the 'Lost Clause' by Michael Kent Curtis :: SSRN

I Studied the Alt-Right So You Don’t Have To: I Studied the Alt-Right So You Don’t Have To – Form and Resonance – Medium

"Education is dangerous - every educated person is a future enemy." Hermann Goering

"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life. Thus people haunted by the purposelessness of their lives try to find a new content not only by dedicating themselves to a holy cause but also by nursing a fanatical grievance." Eric Hoffer

The first documented slave owner in the USA was Anthony Johnson. A BLACK man. He is the first person to have his lifetime ownership of another human being in the USA ratified by a Court.

That is YOUR heritage.

'9 Facts About Slavery' That Aren't Entirely True

Fredrick Law Omstead, the noted architect and abolitionist, wrote a journal of his travels from New York to Texas; the chapters on the south and particularly New Orleans should be must reading in every school textbook. It would open a lot of eyes re context when combined with how 'free white labor' was treated there and in the northern states.

'White Privilege'??? lol what a hoot.

There's a reason the Civil War is also called "The war of Northern aggression"

They could not do without our resources.

Lincoln did a lot of un-American things.

I know there's no first hand witnesses to this, but I guarantee, there's people who heard what their elders were witness to.

Yes, well, 'denouncing slavery' in 2017 has all the gravitas and relevance of denouncing the Hittites or the Zulus. These fashion victims would in all likelihood would still be 'fashionable' if they lived back in those times, i.e. racists and establishment suck ups, so their weird notion they get to claim some sort of moral authority is just ridiculous idiocy, a total non-starter.

Yes, well, 'denouncing slavery' in 2017 has all the gravitas and relevance of denouncing the Hittites or the Zulus. These fashion victims would in all likelihood would still be 'fashionable' if they lived back in those times, i.e. racists and establishment suck ups, so their weird notion they get to claim some sort of moral authority is just ridiculous idiocy, a total non-starter.

Seriously, they're equivalent to the "Loyalists".

The Founding Fathers never wanted slavery to continue.

Forum List

Back