RIP Sally Ride.

How strange that rw's can revere this woman but hate other gays.

go figure.

But, her partner was with her at the end and that's what matters.

I just read an article entitled "First Female Us Astronaut Sally Ride Comes Out in Obituary"

Really? Seems to me the media "outted" her in her obit. Seems to me she lived her life with her partner and was happy. If her being gay was something she felt defined her accomplishments don't you think she would have said something herself? The article specifically states that she never made a big deal out her orientation and that she was a very private person. But now that she's dead her sexual orientation is fair game? :eusa_hand:

Her sexual orientation isn't important (btw, neither is mine); her contributions to history are and that's where the focus should be.

I look forward to the day when someone's sexuality doesn't make front page news.

Last edited:
Pioneer for women.

From what I read, very private. She didn't come out until her death, they are saying.

She didn't come out at all, and good for her. She felt her private life was just that, private. Her sister outed her after her death. I think it's a shame, if Sally had wanted everyone to know, she would have come out.

Most people you know they are going to die write their own obituary. ;)
Her obituary was also not released by her sister, only confirmed by her sister. Which is where it was stated she is survived by her partner of 27 years. That same partner runs foundation Ride started, and who released her obituary.
I am going with her outing herself, sorry.

Most people you know they are going to die write their own obituary. ;)
Her obituary was also not released by her sister, only confirmed by her sister. Which is where it was stated she is survived by her partner of 27 years. That same partner runs foundation Ride started, and who released her obituary.
I am going with her outing herself, sorry.

Okay, you seem to know more about it than I....I will defer to your information.

I thought she outed her too, at first.
But it sounds like she purposely outed herself.

Forum List

Back