Riots Over the Degrading Of The Koran

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by krisy, May 14, 2005.

1. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-1611925,00.html

I just have to put my 2 cents in here. This is absolutely ridiculous. More allegations that the U.S. is so horrible and everyone else is innocent. I'm sick of it. In the first few paragraphs,notice how "preachers" were calling for vengeance over the supposed mistreatment of the Koran. Look at how these people reacted. Riots,killing people,burning the U.S. flag,mouthing off about the American people and having no respect,once again,for us. But wait,we still have to respect what they believe in,because after all,it is a peaceful religeon. They can degrade our religeon,our beliefs,and even kill thousands of Christians and Jews while doing it,but,I guess that is o.k.

Now,I know not everyone in the Muslim community behaves like this,but isn't there a double standard here?!!!

I still support my troops :salute:

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Let's just look at how 'tolerant' the Saudis are:

http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/irf/2002/14012.htm

http://memri.org/bin/articles.cgi?Page=countries&Area=saudiarabia&ID=SP90105

3. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    The Saudi reigious police......that about says it all. DO they not understand the meaning of religious freedom?!!! And if they don't mind people worshiping in private,then why were they arrested? Oh,that's right ,because they were trying to spread that ever so venomus poison of Christianity. :blah2:

If this is how some of these people are going to behave,there isn't a whole lot there to respect. Why should the U.S. soldiers?

4. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    I occasionally post stuff on an Islamic forum, trust me, they can do NO wrong. How is that possible?

Well, if someone does something bad in the name of Islam, then he/she is NOT truly a muslim. Note: see previous thread about what a "true" muslim is. So to them, don't look to individuals, look at "Islam." It's just like that "Arabian" fellow that sometimes frequents this joint: "look not at car, but not at the driver."

Ok, then why the hell do muslims (Arabian included), look at the "car." They see a few bad acts and then riot over ALL America. These people are very hypocritical.

At the end of most arguments, they merely throw out stuff about how "peaceful" Islam is, just read the Quran. Well, guess what, I have read a good portion of it and it calls for violence against non believers. It calls for subjugation of Christians. These guys are worse than liberals, for they have perfected the ability to whine and whine, only to make their point seem valid.

Be very cautious about Islam.

5. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    the problem is the religion itself. It is far from a religion of peace and more a religion of vengeance and violence.

On the story itself, the only proven instance where a Koran was desecrated was when a prisoner at guantanomo tore it up and stuffed it in the toilet to clog it up in protest.

6. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    The media (newsweek, ABC) was spreading this unconfirmed rumor and look what its done. Violence in Afghanistan killing Afghans and Americans by enraged tribesmen, heavier violence in Iraq, mass protests... irresponsibility at the highest level.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

To tell the truth, it was one paragraph in a short article in Newsweek that started all this.

None of it matters, truth is as someone pointed out on another thread, Islam IS violent. They are never wrong, (Arabian), if they are wrong, they are not Muslim.

8. JayW

JayW Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hypothetical question: If taking a shit on the Koran and setting it afire was likely to produce information from a detained terrorist... would that be so wrong?

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    IMHO no. Then again, I'm not Condolezza.

10. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    The odds if this producing info are almost nill. Trust me.