Rights groups file Wal-Mart election complaint

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Associated Press

WASHINGTON - The AFL-CIO and three other labor-rights groups have asked the Federal Election Commission to investigate whether Wal-Mart Stores Inc. unlawfully pressured employees to vote against Democrats in November because their party would help workers to unionize.

The groups — which include Change to Win, American Rights at Work and WakeUpWalMart.com — say in a complaint processed on Friday with the FEC that “there is reason to believe” Wal-Mart broke federal election rules by advocating against Democratic candidate Barack Obama in meetings with employees.

more ... Groups file Wal-Mart election complaint - Retail - MSNBC.com

About time ... :eusa_shifty:

The groups — which include Change to Win, American Rights at Work and WakeUpWalMart.com — say in a complaint processed on Friday with the FEC that “there is reason to believe” Wal-Mart broke federal election rules by advocating against Democratic candidate Barack Obama in meetings with employees.

What a screwy company Walmart is...they hire illegals and campaign against Obama. And quite honestly, their employees seem mentally deficient.

one of my business profs was a big walmart fan. he was always showering praise on sam walton. me, i have bought something there just once in the last 3 years, and that was because i was given a gift card by my workers for xmas.

This is pretty typical of WalMart, so it doesn't surprise me. WalMart also carries out extensive anti-union propaganda on its employees, which is illegal.

Forum List

Back