Right Wingers eating crow on price of gasoline. $1.39 in Indiana.

though the 2nd keystone project has been stalled

a couple of days ago the same path was approved under a dakota project

--LOL

Where does it cross into Canada?

the keystone pipeline has crossed the border years ago

if you believe it is not already here you are believing a lie

but since you asked it crosses in North Dakota

Keystone-pipeline-route.png

though the 2nd keystone project has been stalled

a couple of days ago the same path was approved under a dakota project

--LOL

Where does it cross into Canada?

the keystone pipeline has crossed the border years ago

if you believe it is not already here you are believing a lie

but since you asked it crosses in North Dakota

You specified the 2nd Keystone pipeline. That proposed pipeline was going to cross in Montana.

hey didn't rise. They went down immediately. Starting in July 2008 when the Alaskan exec-ordered offshore restriction was lifted. Then they dropped significantly when the major offshore moratorium expired at the end of September 2008

Gasoline prices went down as the Great Bush Recession was collapsing the U.S. economy at a rate not seen since the Great Depression. Lifting restrictions had nothing to do with lowering gasoline prices. Jobs were being lost at a pace going to one million per month.

What on earth is your point with regards to the OP?
You are very slow and biased.
The price began to drop as the promise for enhanced supply was approved. That was all before the housing market collapse.
What's more, if the price dropped due to economic downturn then the price would have stayed low all through the Obama term because the economy has yet to recover.
Truth is, the economy has yet to recover because of Obama's energy policy's impact on consumer goods prices and the detrimental impact that has had on the economy.

Congress didn't remove the restrictions on the OCS until Oct 2008. Oil prices peaked in July and started falling due to the world wide recession. As the recession expanded to more countries the further the price dropped.

Your denial about the recovered economy is very telling.
The prices dropped immediately after Bush removed the drilling ban in Alaska in July 2008. As an exec order put in place by Bush 1 and renewed by Clinton in 1999, W had the authority to do so. It was all he could effect because dems in congress were being environmental assholes.
The comprehensive offshore moratorium expired at the end of September 2008 and the housing market collapse took hold weeks later. That's when McCain abandoned his campaign to get involved in bailouts. Some think that is what cost him the election.
You democrats make too much money and/or have awful memory.
I have to watch a budget here and I had to pay very close attention to costs.
And if your theory about recession causing prices to drop was legit, the price would have stayed low because we have yet to recover.

hey didn't rise. They went down immediately. Starting in July 2008 when the Alaskan exec-ordered offshore restriction was lifted. Then they dropped significantly when the major offshore moratorium expired at the end of September 2008

Gasoline prices went down as the Great Bush Recession was collapsing the U.S. economy at a rate not seen since the Great Depression. Lifting restrictions had nothing to do with lowering gasoline prices. Jobs were being lost at a pace going to one million per month.

The price began to drop as the promise for enhanced supply was approved. That was all before the housing market collapse.
What's more, if the price dropped due to economic downturn then the price would have stayed low all through the Obama term because the economy has yet to recover.
Truth is, the economy has yet to recover because of Obama's energy policy's impact on consumer goods prices and the detrimental impact that has had on the economy.

Congress didn't remove the restrictions on the OCS until Oct 2008. Oil prices peaked in July and started falling due to the world wide recession. As the recession expanded to more countries the further the price dropped.

The prices dropped immediately after Bush removed the drilling ban in Alaska in July 2008. As an exec order put in place by Bush 1 and renewed by Clinton in 1999, W had the authority to do so. It was all he could effect because dems in congress were being environmental assholes.
The comprehensive offshore moratorium expired at the end of September 2008 and the housing market collapse took hold weeks later. That's when McCain abandoned his campaign to get involved in bailouts. Some think that is what cost him the election.
And if your theory about recession causing prices to drop was legit, the price would have stayed low because we have yet to recover.

President Bushes Executive Order did not remove the drilling ban. It remained in effect until Oct. 1st when Congress did not renew it. Oil prices were already dropping.

Your theory on oil prices and the economy in general are not based in reality.

President Bushes Executive Order did not remove the drilling ban. It remained in effect until Oct. 1st when Congress did not renew it. Oil prices were already dropping.

W Bush reversed the exec-ordered ban in July 2008. That's why prices dropped modestly in the middle of the highest demand season.
The more comprehensive ban expired at the end of September.
Here's a link with a chronology, though the author's reference to a January 2009 price of $1.79 is high. I drove cross country that month and the price through much of the country was in the $1.30's. Again, I had to pay attention to budget details since I'm not a rich democrat government worker...

Gas Prices Are Up Because of Obama's Offshore Ban | American Commitment

FA_Q2 12946217
I did not say that it sin irrelevant because the POLITICIAN will not accept accountability. I said it is irrelevant because they WILL NOT - IOW, the electorate is the body that holds those politicians accountable and they will not hold them accountable by any measure.

When I refer to RW's that predicted ridiculously high gas prices I am talking about the RW propaganda machine starting with talk radio and all the ditto heads that parrot what they are Inundated with 24/7. I know of no
way to hold that sizeable coordinated media machine accountable. Advertisers that stick with this entertainment/news venue are all likely conservatives themselves.

I mention politicians because the go on the shows and repeat in office the same propaganda spewed in that media.

The worst are former politicians that hang around the RW media machine.

Then we have people like Ray from Cleveland that didn't know RW'ers were saying all this stuff about Obama - "gasoline will go up 5 cents a gallon every month he's in office." That is not a lie to Ray. That is a mistaken prediction. No U.S. Senator could actually believe that was going to happen - it was a lie. Ray wants proof that Senator Lee knew it wouldn't happen when he said it.

That's what we are dealing with. That is the problem too many Ray's out there.

Maybe Trump winning the GOP primary and the subsequent landslide for Democrats will put an end to this nonsense.
Don't watch them.

It ALL comes back to us. The 'media machine' is not forcing anything down our throats. They are actually giving us EXACTLY WHAT WE DEMAND. That is the truly sad part. If partisan bullshit lies really were not what people wanted from their 'news' sources they would not consume news that only gave them more confirmation bias. However, the ratings show that is exactly what people want and they oblige.

People are so quick to blame that 'evil' company for using child labor or Wall-Mart destroying a community but do not want to admit that they are the one that paid those companies to do that and chose to avoid other options to the point that they really do not even exist anymore.

Eliminating CAFE standards would be the stupidest fucking thing we could do.

No wonder Todd wants it.

Why?
Because it would encourage another round of 'FuckYouMobiles' being produced by the auto companies, getting 15 MPG, with 20 gallon tanks. It's a recipe for oil dependency, and the next time Republicans scare Americans about those evil Muslims the price jumps through the roof again, lead by the Wall Street speculators who look for any reason at all to raise oil prices.

Because it would encourage another round of 'FuckYouMobiles' being produced by the auto companies, getting 15 MPG, with 20 gallon tanks.

You mean people could buy the vehicles they want?
US auto companies could sell the vehicles that are profitable?
Yeah, I can see why liberals are against that.
Are you claiming that auto manufacturers are not making a profit on their vehicles? You'll have to prove that.

People may want to be able to pour their old paint down the sink or into the local lakes, too. Should that be allowed because it's "what the people want"?

I swear, you get stupider by the day.

Are you claiming that auto manufacturers are not making a profit on their vehicles?

Do you think they make more profit on trucks, sports cars and luxury vehicles, or on the cars that get 40 mpg?
You really aren't very bright, are you?
So, your position is that we should hasten the polluting of the planet, so that auto manufacturers can make even more profit than they already do.

The same auto manufacturers whom you were all in favor of letting go under due to the Bush Financial Crash, when you wingnuts were against the Auto Bailout? And now you're bitching that the government isn't doing enough to help them by keeping CAFE standards in effect?

The hypocrisy of conservatives has no limit, apparently.

The US government was behind the massive hydraulic fracking revolution, 3-D mapping, horizontal drilling, and horizontal wells. I'm conservative as hell," Dan Steward, a geologist at Mitchell Energy the company that pioneered shale gas in Texas, But when asked about the role of government, Steward told us, "They did a hell of a lot of work, and I can't give them enough credit for that. The Department of Energy started it, and other people took the ball and ran with it. You cannot diminish DOE's involvement."

Steward said the government supported Mitchell energy every step of the way. "The government helped us to evaluate how much gas was there and evaluate its critical properties," he explained. "They helped us with our first horizontal well. They helped us with pressure build-ups. And we worked with them on crack mapping."

President Jimmy Carter initiated the energy push in response to the oil crises of the seventies. "The DOE's [1976] Eastern Gas Shales Project in the Appalachia basin determined there was a hell of a lot of gas in shales," explained Steward. "Mitchell was interested in Barnett shale and his geophysicist said, 'It looks similar to the Devonian shale, and the government's already done all this work on the Devonian.'"

Steward emphasized the critical role played by government mapping technologies, in particular "micro-seismic mapping," which was first developed by the DOE to anticipate mine failure. "Frack mapping," as it is called in the industry, puts seismic tools into wells near where fracking is taking place, allowing geologists like Steward to understand where the gas fractures were. "The microseismic frack mapping was being done out of Sandia labs," Steward explained. "There was a brilliant engineer there. I was extremely impressed with him."

Investigations found myriad fascinating details of how government-funded scientists, geologists, computer modelers, engineers, and bureaucrats made the shale gas revolution possible:Taxpayer investments went well beyond basic research. Consider:
  • Massive hydraulic fracking (MHF) was first demonstrated by DOE in 1977. Mitchell received his 'slickwater' (or 'light sand') fracking technology from another oil company, Union Pacific Resources, which had adapted it from MHF.
  • In 1986, the Department of Energy partnered with industry in Wayne County, WV, to achieve the first multi-fracture, air-drilled, horizontal Devonian shale well.
  • In 1991, DOE and the Gas Research Institute, funded by a surcharge on gas, helped pay for Mitchell's first horizontal well -- a breakthrough technology that allowed gas to be absorbed from multiple fractures in the shale.
  • In 1991, DOE provided micro-seismic (3D) mapping assistance through scientists with Sandia National Laboratory, allowing Mitchell to determine the location of the shale fractures.
  • Twenty years of President Jimmy Carters 1980 federal tax credit subsidies and different price supports provided strong taxpayer incentives for Mitchell's explorations. "The tax credits helped," Steward said, "as did the different pricing scenarios for newly discovered gas.
  • Government support for unconventional gas dates back to Bureau of Mines' support for pulling natural gas from coal mines to reduce the risk of explosion in coal mines, resulting in the rise of coal-bed methane, a major source of natural gas.
  • The U.S. for years funded radically experimental efforts, including large explosions underground, that were too expensive and risky for private firms to do.
  • For decades DOE supported better drilling technologies, including better drill bits, which better protect the integrity of the rock formations, allowing for greater gas extraction.
  • In 2009 Government removed Boundaries & Setbacks for Environmentally Friendly Multi well Pad Drillers, reducing production cost by $15/barrel igniting the Fracking Revolution.

Last edited:
Roshawn 12945477
RoshawnMarkwees said:

It was not an economic downturn. It was the worst recession since the Great Depression and I think the rate of job losses per month in the U.S. When Bush left his mess behind was steeper than in the Great Depression.

You say the economy has yet to recover? That is about the dumbest argument presented yet on this thread.

The economy began its recovery 69 months ago and not once went backwards.

"Our businesses have now added 13.5 million jobs over 68 straight months. The longest streak on record."

Actually as of the beginning of this year, his jobs were less than half of your figure

ObamasNumbers-2014-Q4-revised.png

W Bush reversed the exec-ordered ban in July 2008. That's why prices dropped modestly in the middle of the highest demand season.
The more comprehensive ban expired at the end of September.
Here's a link with a chronology, though the author's reference to a January 2009 price of $1.79 is high. I drove cross country that month and the price through much of the country was in the $1.30's. Again, I had to pay attention to budget details since I'm not a rich democrat government worker...

Gas Prices Are Up Because of Obama's Offshore Ban | American Commitment

Bush's plan had nothing to do with it and no amount of Koch Brother propaganda will change that.

The projections in the OCS access case indicate that access to the Pacific, Atlantic, and eastern Gulf regions would not have a significant impact on domestic crude oil and natural gas production or prices before 2030. Leasing would begin no sooner than 2012, and production would not be expected to start before 2017. Total domestic production of crude oil from 2012 through 2030 in the OCS access case is projected to be 1.6 percent higher than in the reference case, and 3 percent higher in 2030 alone, at 5.6 million barrels per day. For the lower 48 OCS, annual crude oil production in 2030 is projected to be 7 percent higher — 2.4 million barrels per day in the OCS access case compared with 2.2 million barrels per day in the reference case (Figure 20). Because oil prices are determined on the international market, however, any impact on average wellhead prices is expected to be insignificant.

Drilling Offshore to Affect World Oil Prices… and Other Tales from the Iraq-Pakistan Border [0] | Econbrowser

A Global Breakdown Of The Recession In 2009

Why?
Because it would encourage another round of 'FuckYouMobiles' being produced by the auto companies, getting 15 MPG, with 20 gallon tanks. It's a recipe for oil dependency, and the next time Republicans scare Americans about those evil Muslims the price jumps through the roof again, lead by the Wall Street speculators who look for any reason at all to raise oil prices.

Because it would encourage another round of 'FuckYouMobiles' being produced by the auto companies, getting 15 MPG, with 20 gallon tanks.

You mean people could buy the vehicles they want?
US auto companies could sell the vehicles that are profitable?
Yeah, I can see why liberals are against that.
Are you claiming that auto manufacturers are not making a profit on their vehicles? You'll have to prove that.

People may want to be able to pour their old paint down the sink or into the local lakes, too. Should that be allowed because it's "what the people want"?

I swear, you get stupider by the day.

Are you claiming that auto manufacturers are not making a profit on their vehicles?

Do you think they make more profit on trucks, sports cars and luxury vehicles, or on the cars that get 40 mpg?
You really aren't very bright, are you?
So, your position is that we should hasten the polluting of the planet, so that auto manufacturers can make even more profit than they already do.

The same auto manufacturers whom you were all in favor of letting go under due to the Bush Financial Crash, when you wingnuts were against the Auto Bailout? And now you're bitching that the government isn't doing enough to help them by keeping CAFE standards in effect?

The hypocrisy of conservatives has no limit, apparently.

So, your position is that we should hasten the polluting of the planet,

What's this we shit? If you want to buy a roller skate that gets 60 mpg, feel free.
Just like I should be free to buy a truck that gets 8 mpg. Why does the government get to tell
the auto company what the "fleet average mpg" should be?

so that auto manufacturers can make even more profit than they already do.

If they can make and sell the cars people want to buy, profitably, they'll make a profit.
If the government makes them sell millions of unprofitable, less safe cars, I'm going to
have to object.

The same auto manufacturers whom you were all in favor of letting go under due

If they didn't have the idiotic CAFE standards to deal with, they'd have been in better financial condition.

And now you're bitching that the government isn't doing enough to help them by keeping CAFE standards in effect?

I'm pointing out the government is harming them. Why do you hate the auto companies?
The stage one thinking of liberals is sad, but not unexpected.

FA_Q2 12946217
I did not say that it sin irrelevant because the POLITICIAN will not accept accountability. I said it is irrelevant because they WILL NOT - IOW, the electorate is the body that holds those politicians accountable and they will not hold them accountable by any measure.

When I refer to RW's that predicted ridiculously high gas prices I am talking about the RW propaganda machine starting with talk radio and all the ditto heads that parrot what they are Inundated with 24/7. I know of no
way to hold that sizeable coordinated media machine accountable. Advertisers that stick with this entertainment/news venue are all likely conservatives themselves.

I mention politicians because the go on the shows and repeat in office the same propaganda spewed in that media.

The worst are former politicians that hang around the RW media machine.

Then we have people like Ray from Cleveland that didn't know RW'ers were saying all this stuff about Obama - "gasoline will go up 5 cents a gallon every month he's in office." That is not a lie to Ray. That is a mistaken prediction. No U.S. Senator could actually believe that was going to happen - it was a lie. Ray wants proof that Senator Lee knew it wouldn't happen when he said it.

That's what we are dealing with. That is the problem too many Ray's out there.

Maybe Trump winning the GOP primary and the subsequent landslide for Democrats will put an end to this nonsense.

Oh please. If anybody knew which way prices would go, they would be millionaires themselves. If you own just one contract of oil, and it moves either way by one dollar a barrel, you profit $1,000. If it moves ten dollars a barrel, you make $10,000, and that's just one contract.

People with big money play big time. They don't deal with one contract. They deal with ten, twenty, and even fifty contracts or more at a time.

I would love to know who can make such accurate predictions. I could retire in a few years by just taking their advice.

Bush & Republicans caused Healthcare spending to skyrocket. Clinton & Obama lowered the rate of Healthcare Spending.
fredgraph.png

Clinton had the best Jobs Record in History. Bush Destroyed 18 million Jobs!!! Obama has restored & created over 13 million Jobs.
fredgraph.png

Republicans Bush 1 & 2 Exploded the Deficit, Price Inflation, Destroying the Value of the US Dollar. Clinton & Obama Cleaned up Bush's Messes, Slashed the Deficits, Restored Faith in the US Dollar, Lowered Prices.

fredgraph.png

More Oil & Gas production increase & More Miles of Gas & Oil Pipelines Laid under President Obama than any other President.

20334768541_564b13e43e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Ray 12946386
Yet it seems to me you are trying to stick up for the Liar of the Year and no mention of his about predictions that did hurt people.

Why did you lose your employer sponsored healthcare? Explain how ObamaCare forced you to lose employer sponsored healthcare.

My rate (contribution) has been reduced 20 % and my provider is better than my wife's who works for the Defense Departmet,

The Obama prediction was not about people receiving employer sponsored healthcare. It was about people that didn't have that. People that purchased healthcare on their own. His prediction was not a lie because no one in that market had a policy that was infinite at a guaranteed price. And if anyone got seriously ill on those cheap policies they were dropped and then suffered the pre-existing condition financial catastrophe. It was not really insurance. It was insurance when you don't need or don't ever use it. No one could keep their insurance for more than a year in reality. Rates were going up every year that you aged or increased drown dents. Like my car insurance / but just about everyone is in the car insurance pool.

There is something fishy about your predicament so far. Perhaps you will explain how you got there.

My daughter is finishing college this year and will go for her masters. We are saving tons and you Republicans will never take that benefit away.

So what happened that you lost employer coverage for the rest of your life?

Because my employer (like millions of others) found an escape to providing health insurance, so they jumped on it. I know he won't go back to providing insurance and many others won't either. Without Commie Care, medical insurance was almost a necessity because it was a huge consideration potential employees had to weigh. As time went on, that benefit became more and more valuable.

The scam nobody talks about is this was expected and deliberate. Even DumBama's own people predicted most people that had insurance would lose it if Commie Care became a reality. It's in the National Registry which I have a copy of if you care to look at it.

But the scam is bigger than most people thought. Employer health insurance was a benefit and had no cash value, therefore was never taxed. When employers dropped coverage, they increased wages a bit to make up some of the difference so that people could go on Commie Care.

The problem with that is the money that your employer used to spend on healthcare insurance is now taxed, and government gets part of that health insurance money.

Bush & Republicans caused Healthcare spending to skyrocket. Clinton & Obama lowered the rate of Healthcare Spending.
fredgraph.png

Clinton had the best Jobs Record in History. Bush Destroyed 18 million Jobs!!! Obama has restored & created 13 million Jobs.
fredgraph.png

Republicans Bush 1 & 2 Exploded the Deficit, Price Inflation, Destroying the Value of the US Dollar. Clinton & Obama Cleaned up Bush's Messes, Slashed the Deficits, Restored Faith in the US Dollar, Lowered Prices.

fredgraph.png

More Oil & Gas production increase & More Miles of Gas & Oil Pipelines Laid under President Obama than any other President.

Utter bull. I just posted a FactCheck link, and you still want to lie about DumBama's jobs record.

What happened is when ethanol became a commodity and started to be used, farmers that grew other grains (soybeans, barley, oats) dropped what they were growing to grow corn. Then those grains increased in cost because of low supply. That's why all food products increased in price.

But this is what happens when you decide to burn up your food supply. If there is any irony in this at all, it's that ethanol creates more pollution to produce than gasoline. :ack-1:
It's not that we can't produce alternatives--we can. The question is at what cost?

As of today, there is nothing that can replace the supply, reliability and strength of petroleum. We pay far less for gasoline than other countries let's say in Europe.

One of our customers was a big lib. So he had a windmill installed at his business. I kinda like windmills. They are cool looking.

One day I went there and the entire top of the windmill was gone. The owner walked by and I asked what happened to the windmill? He just waved both hands towards me as if pushing away and said "Ah!" LOL!

One of the workers said that he was only two years from breaking even on his windmill investment, then the stupid thing broke, and it cost almost as much to repair as buying a new one, so he opted to just use electricity from the electric company.
They also threw a fit when petroleum ruined the whaling industry.......autos replaced horses and was fought by old timers.........They said electricity was a fluke and would never work...

They also threw a fit when petroleum ruined the whaling industry

Petroleum was cheaper than whale oil. When you get a cheaper renewable, let us know.
I will let you know...They are always trying to create a better mouse trap...

They are always trying to create a better mouse trap.

And when they do, the government won't have to subsidize it. Or hike taxes on the old mouse traps.
The military, mostly the Navy, is wanting an alternative fuel for their future war strategy of a lack of fuel in a future war in which the ME and other nations have oil supplies depleted or cut off...
Such fuels exist now. Hydrogen and natural gas.

Enjoy it while you can. I noticed prices for other goods that were increased a few years back because of higher transportation cost, so retailer claimed, have not fallen at all!
If you are referring to food prices, you only have to look to the federally mandated corn Ethanol subsidy.
Once farmers saw this little federal perk, they switched corn production from feed for cattle and food and food additives to corn for ethanol.
This one subsidy has been no better than a food tax on Americans.
The price of beef, poultry( feed) dairy( feed and corn additives to some products)and anything with any type of corn derivative has skyrocketed in price.

What happened is when ethanol became a commodity and started to be used, farmers that grew other grains (soybeans, barley, oats) dropped what they were growing to grow corn. Then those grains increased in cost because of low supply. That's why all food products increased in price.

But this is what happens when you decide to burn up your food supply. If there is any irony in this at all, it's that ethanol creates more pollution to produce than gasoline. :ack-1:
Cut the bullshit. Obama isn't going along with anything.
The fact is there is nothing he can do to stop domestic oil production on privately owned lands.
Obama has been obsessed with the idea of 'green energy' for who knows how long.
Obama wasted half a trillion on Solyndra. And he gave GE over one trillion dollars in tax breaks because that company's management decided to go along with Obama on his green energy bullshit
There are dozens of other businesses and countries pouring monies into developing alternative energy including fusion reactors........You can't go forward by living in the past...

It's not that we can't produce alternatives--we can. The question is at what cost?

As of today, there is nothing that can replace the supply, reliability and strength of petroleum. We pay far less for gasoline than other countries let's say in Europe.

One of our customers was a big lib. So he had a windmill installed at his business. I kinda like windmills. They are cool looking.

One day I went there and the entire top of the windmill was gone. The owner walked by and I asked what happened to the windmill? He just waved both hands towards me as if pushing away and said "Ah!" LOL!

One of the workers said that he was only two years from breaking even on his windmill investment, then the stupid thing broke, and it cost almost as much to repair as buying a new one, so he opted to just use electricity from the electric company.
They also threw a fit when petroleum ruined the whaling industry.......autos replaced horses and was fought by old timers.........They said electricity was a fluke and would never work...

The taxpayers weren't forced to subsidize petroleum, electricity or the automobile.
petroleum is close to the ground, making extraction easy....the US subsidized electrifying rural USA....
That subsidy was by legislation. It is not as though the federal government had a gun held to its collective head as if to say "subsidize me now, or I'll shoot"....
No, The idea was that of the Roosevelt admin....In 1936 Roosevelt signed the Rural Electrification Act.
Rural Electrification Act (1936) – FREE Rural Electrification Act (1936) information | Encyclopedia.com: Find Rural Electrification Act (1936) research

fredgraph.png

Clinton had the best Jobs Record in History. Bush Destroyed 18 million Jobs!!! Obama has restored & created 13 million Jobs.
fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

Utter bull. I just posted a FactCheck link, and you still want to lie about DumBama's jobs record.

:lol: You don't know fact from fiction Idiot!

BLS: January 2010 only 136,809,000 were due to Bush Economic Disaster. Today 150,000,000 Employed thanks to Obama. That's up 13.2 million Jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LNU02000000_1483381_1449183752509.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back