Right Wingers eating crow on price of gasoline. $1.39 in Indiana.

Bush & Republicans caused Healthcare spending to skyrocket. Clinton & Obama lowered the rate of Healthcare Spending.
fredgraph.png

Clinton had the best Jobs Record in History. Bush Destroyed 18 million Jobs!!! Obama has restored & created 13 million Jobs.
fredgraph.png

Republicans Bush 1 & 2 Exploded the Deficit, Price Inflation, Destroying the Value of the US Dollar. Clinton & Obama Cleaned up Bush's Messes, Slashed the Deficits, Restored Faith in the US Dollar, Lowered Prices.

fredgraph.png

More Oil & Gas production increase & More Miles of Gas & Oil Pipelines Laid under President Obama than any other President.

20334768541_564b13e43e_b.jpg

Utter bull. I just posted a FactCheck link, and you still want to lie about DumBama's jobs record.

:lol: You don't know fact from fiction Idiot!

BLS: January 2010 only 136,809,000 were due to Bush Economic Disaster. Today 150,000,000 Employed thanks to Obama. That's up 13.2 million Jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, so now you know even more than FactCheck, huh?

"The best part about being a liberal is never having to say you were wrong."
Ray from Cleveland

Bush & Republicans caused Healthcare spending to skyrocket. Clinton & Obama lowered the rate of Healthcare Spending.
fredgraph.png

Clinton had the best Jobs Record in History. Bush Destroyed 18 million Jobs!!! Obama has restored & created 13 million Jobs.
fredgraph.png

Republicans Bush 1 & 2 Exploded the Deficit, Price Inflation, Destroying the Value of the US Dollar. Clinton & Obama Cleaned up Bush's Messes, Slashed the Deficits, Restored Faith in the US Dollar, Lowered Prices.

fredgraph.png

More Oil & Gas production increase & More Miles of Gas & Oil Pipelines Laid under President Obama than any other President.

Utter bull. I just posted a FactCheck link, and you still want to lie about DumBama's jobs record.

BLS: January 2010 only 136,809,000 were due to Bush Economic Disaster. Today 150,000,000 Employed thanks to Obama. That's up 13.2 million Jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray from Cleveland

:lol: You're too stupid to realize how dumb you are! :lol:

BLS & ADP are the factual authority that moves markets. Traders, Bankers, Employers & Governments don't give a shit about some FactCheck website B.S. that never conducted an employment survey. :lol:

LNU02000000_1483381_1449183752509.gif

So if a heavy crane malfunctioned on a high rise construction project killing 11 people...would you cease issuing building permits for single family homes?
That's a piss-poor analogy. That accident would not affect a natural resource that is depended upon for millions of jobs, not to mention the ecological damage which in turn causes more economic damage far into the future.

If you can show me where a shallow water driller caused ecological damage "far into the future", Synth...then you might have a point and the Obama Administration would have had just cause to shut down shallow water drilling permits! The truth however is that shallow water drillers have an unbelievably good safety record. Why would you stop permitting for shallow water drillers when the problem is deep water drilling? That makes absolutely no sense at all UNLESS you don't like oil as a viable energy source because it's cheaper than the "green" alternatives! The fact is...Obama's people used an oil spill crisis to make life difficult for an energy sector that they don't like.
#1, I didn't know you were specifying a different type of water drilling. I don't know about shallow water drilling, so at the moment I can't comment.

But if the larger point is that "never let a crisis go to waste", then yes - and I agree with the administration that we should be pivoting away from fossil fuels as quickly as possible. They not only pollute our planet and contribute to climate change, it also funds the people who want to kill us.

And the Republicans are just as guilty of never letting a crisis go to waste, as they have turned some edited videos into a crusade to defund Planned Parenthood across the country.

Every group takes political advatage of events that align with their agenda. Period.

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

Ray from Cleveland

BLS & ADP are the factual authority that moves markets. Traders, Bankers, Employers & Governments don't give a shit about some FactCheck website B.S. that never conducted an employment survey. :lol:

BLS and ADP are propaganda organs.

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

you're funny :p discounting meticulously compiled data but you have a fact check picture :rolleyes-41:

Who is Dumbama BTW? NEWSFLASH!!! The President ran for office and won. You? Not so much.

You are very slow and biased.
The price began to drop as the promise for enhanced supply was approved. That was all before the housing market collapse.
What's more, if the price dropped due to economic downturn then the price would have stayed low all through the Obama term because the economy has yet to recover.
Truth is, the economy has yet to recover because of Obama's energy policy's impact on consumer goods prices and the detrimental impact that has had on the economy.

Congress didn't remove the restrictions on the OCS until Oct 2008. Oil prices peaked in July and started falling due to the world wide recession. As the recession expanded to more countries the further the price dropped.

Your denial about the recovered economy is very telling.
The prices dropped immediately after Bush removed the drilling ban in Alaska in July 2008. As an exec order put in place by Bush 1 and renewed by Clinton in 1999, W had the authority to do so. It was all he could effect because dems in congress were being environmental assholes.
The comprehensive offshore moratorium expired at the end of September 2008 and the housing market collapse took hold weeks later. That's when McCain abandoned his campaign to get involved in bailouts. Some think that is what cost him the election.
You democrats make too much money and/or have awful memory.
I have to watch a budget here and I had to pay very close attention to costs.
And if your theory about recession causing prices to drop was legit, the price would have stayed low because we have yet to recover.

President Bushes Executive Order did not remove the drilling ban. It remained in effect until Oct. 1st when Congress did not renew it. Oil prices were already dropping.

Your theory on oil prices and the economy in general are not based in reality.
W Bush reversed the exec-ordered ban in July 2008. That's why prices dropped modestly in the middle of the highest demand season.
The more comprehensive ban expired at the end of September.
Here's a link with a chronology, though the author's reference to a January 2009 price of $1.79 is high. I drove cross country that month and the price through much of the country was in the $1.30's. Again, I had to pay attention to budget details since I'm not a rich democrat government worker...

Gas Prices Are Up Because of Obama's Offshore Ban | American Commitment

Bush's plan had nothing to do with it and no amount of Koch Brother propaganda will change that.

The projections in the OCS access case indicate that access to the Pacific, Atlantic, and eastern Gulf regions would not have a significant impact on domestic crude oil and natural gas production or prices before 2030. Leasing would begin no sooner than 2012, and production would not be expected to start before 2017. Total domestic production of crude oil from 2012 through 2030 in the OCS access case is projected to be 1.6 percent higher than in the reference case, and 3 percent higher in 2030 alone, at 5.6 million barrels per day. For the lower 48 OCS, annual crude oil production in 2030 is projected to be 7 percent higher — 2.4 million barrels per day in the OCS access case compared with 2.2 million barrels per day in the reference case (Figure 20). Because oil prices are determined on the international market, however, any impact on average wellhead prices is expected to be insignificant.

Drilling Offshore to Affect World Oil Prices… and Other Tales from the Iraq-Pakistan Border [0] | Econbrowser

A Global Breakdown Of The Recession In 2009
You're a logic-challenged shill. Again, using production numbers without the context of demand. Propaganda.
This same dynamic of curtailed supply driving up energy and consumer goods costs has been repeated several times in my sixty years. What sucks this time around is that our own president is causing this.
What a jerk and what a bunch of moronic dupe sheeple excusing it.

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

you're funny :p discounting meticulously compiled data but you have a fact check picture :rolleyes-41:

Who is Dumbama BTW? NEWSFLASH!!! The President ran for office and won. You? Not so much.

Yes, we know who won. We also know who turned this country into a giant welfare state. It's one of the many reasons Americans turned the leadership of Congress and Senate over to the Republicans.

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

Ray from Cleveland

Well they should, because FactCheck is pretty much in line with THE REAL BLS statistics:

Job creation by term[edit]
Numbers listed from 1941 and onward are BLS data[2] of jobs (in thousands), and are shown from the year beginning and ending each presidential term. The monthly statistics are quoted from January, as U.S. presidents take office at the end of that month.

U.S. president Party Term years Start jobs End jobs Created Ave annual increase
Barack Obama D 2013–2015 135,293 142,246 + 6,953 +2.00%
Barack Obama D 2009–2013 133,977 135,293 + 1,316 +0.25%

Jobs created during U.S. presidential terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if a heavy crane malfunctioned on a high rise construction project killing 11 people...would you cease issuing building permits for single family homes?
That's a piss-poor analogy. That accident would not affect a natural resource that is depended upon for millions of jobs, not to mention the ecological damage which in turn causes more economic damage far into the future.

If you can show me where a shallow water driller caused ecological damage "far into the future", Synth...then you might have a point and the Obama Administration would have had just cause to shut down shallow water drilling permits! The truth however is that shallow water drillers have an unbelievably good safety record. Why would you stop permitting for shallow water drillers when the problem is deep water drilling? That makes absolutely no sense at all UNLESS you don't like oil as a viable energy source because it's cheaper than the "green" alternatives! The fact is...Obama's people used an oil spill crisis to make life difficult for an energy sector that they don't like.
#1, I didn't know you were specifying a different type of water drilling. I don't know about shallow water drilling, so at the moment I can't comment.

But if the larger point is that "never let a crisis go to waste", then yes - and I agree with the administration that we should be pivoting away from fossil fuels as quickly as possible. They not only pollute our planet and contribute to climate change, it also funds the people who want to kill us.

And the Republicans are just as guilty of never letting a crisis go to waste, as they have turned some edited videos into a crusade to defund Planned Parenthood across the country.

Every group takes political advatage of events that align with their agenda. Period.

Two points, Synth...

First of all you can't "pivot" away from fossil fuels until you have viable alternative sources. We need oil, natural gas and coal because they are cheap energy sources for us. If you want to replace those sources then you'd better be ready to go all in on nuclear power because energy produced from wind and solar aren't anywhere NEAR enough to replace fossil fuels!

Secondly...Obama and his people were able to shut down shallow water drillers because too many Americans are uneducated about the difference between deep water drilling and shallow water drilling. People like yourself lump them together without knowing the facts. I'd like you to honestly look at the safety record for shallow water drillers and still tell me that THEY should have been shut down along with the deep water drillers! Then explain the rationale behind the Obama Administration's decision to stop permits for them as well as the deep water drillers...I'd like to hear from you what that might be!

Not one Obama hating wingnut predictor wants to yell about how Obama's rejection of Keystone pipeline and EPA abuses and his contempt for big oil was going to lead to $5 to $6 gasoline and destroy jobs and the economy.

Where are you?

Credit Card in Northern Virginia at $1.82.

National avg at $2.04 right now.

no..thank God for natural gas and fracking..two things Obama can't stop...and the reasons we have low energy prices.........try electricity rates..and obamas war on coal?.see the prices on something Obama can really target...

Gallup Poll: The +31 to +32 scores found since April represent the highest the index has been since Gallup began measuring employees' perceptions of job creation at their workplaces in 2008. The index bottomed out at its low of -5 in early 2009 amid the economic recession,
n2ibqmgbukcrjfqsytexsa.png

wr17rwiqyeipl8e65cji-w.png

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

fredgraph.png

Yes, we know who won. We also know who turned this country into a giant welfare state. It's one of the many reasons Americans turned the leadership of Congress and Senate over to the Republicans.
and they've been there in office how long and accomplished what exactly?

Forum List

Back