Right Wingers eating crow on price of gasoline. $1.39 in Indiana.

Blacktook 12945666
Tbe Saudis dumped oil on the market to force down the price, to shut down American oil production in a deliberate attempt to influence U.S. elections.

Saudi Arabia Dumps Oil in Time for US Election Season

If that was truly the case why didn't RW'ers know about it and continued spreading the lie that a second term for Obama would raise the price of gasoline to over $5 a gallon, kill jobs and collapse the U.S. Economy?

FA_Q2 12945656
Because political expediency is the name of the game - not honesty or reality.

Weather or not he (and other politicians) should eat crow is irrelevant as they will not.

The American attention span is pathetic and statements made years ago no longer matter to anyone. Hell, things stated last month are ignored.

How can Americans have a proper political attention span if dishonesty and no devotion to known reality by politicians is as you say - irrelevant - simply because the dishonest politician won't accept accountability for the very politically expedient lies that politicians like Newt Gingrich have told in the distant or recent past. And specifically in this case when his lie involved a prediction that time has proven to be false. In this case only time could prove the Gingrich ten dollar 'politically expedient prediction was based on lies and his total lack of respect for known reality at the time his prediction was presented to the public.

Therefore you represent a gross disrespect for basic honesty and integrity from all individuals including political and business leaders that is desperately needed in a properly functioning free society. You have chosen to blame the victim for having a pathetic attention span for being lied to by a politician seeking to become the President of the United States of America.

The problem is your declaration that political lies are irrelevant. It is not the attention span of Americans being lied to by politicians and business leader for expediency.
Because you are misunderstanding what I said. I did not say that it sin irrelevant because the POLITICIAN will not accept accountability. I said it is irrelevant because they WILL NOT - IOW, the electorate is the body that holds those politicians accountable and they will not hold them accountable by any measure.

I have not represented gross disrespect for anything and it is asinine to claim the electorate is the victim here - it is US who put these politicians in place. We are not the victims - we are the ones to blame. As long as we continue to demand that those horrible politicians are the problem and not the fact that we keep electing the jackasses into office nothing is ever going to change.

FA_Q2 12945656
Because political expediency is the name of the game - not honesty or reality.

Weather or not he (and other politicians) should eat crow is irrelevant as they will not.

The American attention span is pathetic and statements made years ago no longer matter to anyone. Hell, things stated last month are ignored.

How can Americans have a proper political attention span if dishonesty and no devotion to known reality by politicians is as you say - irrelevant - simply because the dishonest politician won't accept accountability for the very politically expedient lies that politicians like Newt Gingrich have told in the distant or recent past. And specifically in this case when his lie involved a prediction that time has proven to be false. In this case only time could prove the Gingrich ten dollar 'politically expedient prediction was based on lies and his total lack of respect for known reality at the time his prediction was presented to the public.

Therefore you represent a gross disrespect for basic honesty and integrity from all individuals including political and business leaders that is desperately needed in a properly functioning free society. You have chosen to blame the victim for having a pathetic attention span for being lied to by a politician seeking to become the President of the United States of America.

The problem is your declaration that political lies are irrelevant. It is not the attention span of Americans being lied to by politicians and business leader for expediency.

You harp on because "some" Republicans predicted higher fuel prices which such predictions hurt nobody. Yet it seems to me you are trying to stick up for the Liar of the Year and no mention of his about predictions that did hurt people.

A prediction is a guess and nothing more. Until you can show us how any Republicans knew prices would drop, then their predictions are a moot issue. But what about DumBama? Yes, what he said were not predictions. What he said were known lies. Lies such as if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your insurance company, you can keep your insurance company. Your healthcare insurance will see a $2,500 per year drop in price.

Why were these lies much more harmful than Republicans inaccurate predictions? Because he spent well over a trillion dollars and turned the entire healthcare industry of the country upside down, that's why.

I'm more than happy that these few Republicans were wrong about gas prices. It's a pleasant surprise. But I'll never get my employer sponsored healthcare insurance back.....never. This is a cost I'm going to have to suffer with for the rest of my working days until I can apply for Medicare. I am deeply hurt--financially hurt, just like tens of millions of other people across this country. And you're crying about Republicans saying the price of gasoline was going to rise...... geez.

Hmm... so, should government force taxpayers to supplement oil?

Oil is heavily taxed.

Maybe. But that doesn't answer the question. Should government formulate policy to facilitate lower oil prices?

Should government formulate policy to facilitate lower oil prices?

Is oil important to the US economy?

To some people it is. To some it isn't. You're still not answering the question. Are you ashamed of your position?

Government should interfere less with oil production.
That reduced interference would increase supply and reduce price.

I hold the same position for our entire economy. Less interference would be better.

Do you feel I should be ashamed of my position?

It depends. You still haven't answered the question, so I don't know what your position really is. The thing is, for those who claim to support free markets, goals like lower oil prices as a policy priority are problematic.

Earlier, Ray From Cleveland asked if I knew of anyone who didn't think lower oil prices are a good thing, and I do. Lots of people think keeping oil prices low is a mistake. They believe higher oil prices would be a good thing in the long run because they'd prompt us to pursue new technologies and new energy sources that would actually put us in a much better position in the future, that facilitating a continued dependency on oil is doing us a dis-service. And they're probably right.

And I bet those are the same people who bitch and complain when those prices go up.

When we're talking fuel, we're not just talking about gasoline. As is usually the case, when one fuel has a dramatic increase, they all increase. That's the way the market works.

Fuel prices have a great impact on our economy too. I bet your friends out of work were complaining about the price of fuel when they had no paycheck every week. I'm a truck driver, trust me. When our diesel fuel went up, my employer (like most transportation companies) placed a surcharge for our services. Our customers have to pay that money and that's certainly no help to industry.

Yeah, we have liberals at work too, but none that I'm aware of have ever said fuel prices are too low. I've never heard that once. If anything, I've heard people say that they are still too high. Working people feel that way you know........

Ray 12946386
Yet it seems to me you are trying to stick up for the Liar of the Year and no mention of his about predictions that did hurt people.

Why did you lose your employer sponsored healthcare? Explain how ObamaCare forced you to lose employer sponsored healthcare.

My rate (contribution) has been reduced 20 % and my provider is better than my wife's who works for the Defense Departmet,

The Obama prediction was not about people receiving employer sponsored healthcare. It was about people that didn't have that. People that purchased healthcare on their own. His prediction was not a lie because no one in that market had a policy that was infinite at a guaranteed price. And if anyone got seriously ill on those cheap policies they were dropped and then suffered the pre-existing condition financial catastrophe. It was not really insurance. It was insurance when you don't need or don't ever use it. No one could keep their insurance for more than a year in reality. Rates were going up every year that you aged or increased drown dents. Like my car insurance / but just about everyone is in the car insurance pool.

There is something fishy about your predicament so far. Perhaps you will explain how you got there.

My daughter is finishing college this year and will go for her masters. We are saving tons and you Republicans will never take that benefit away.

So what happened that you lost employer coverage for the rest of your life?

Last edited:
BTW, the price through much of the country was 1.35 on Jan 11, 2009, the week before the hack took office.

You mean the week before the economy destroying hack left office. There was never an increase in oil supply before Obama took over. Idiot Bush filled the SPR with $100+ oil & so completely destroyed the global economy that gasoline demand & price tanked. There has never in history been a worse President or higher oil prices than $147 oil Bush caused.

The only way Bush caused $147 pre barrel price is the economy he created that sparked a good worldwide economy. The more economic activity, the more oil and gasoline people use.

Oil is not domestic, oil and it's uses are worldwide.

More straw-man fantasies from the board retard. Stop eating on food stamps & paint my rentals.

Your rental what, blow up dolls?

See, when you are in the market you pay attention to what is going on at the time. I know what was going on at the time GW was President. When it's my money on the line, I do my homework.

You never did any homework because you suck at math & don't understand economics. Yet you yell at others claiming they don't know econ 101. :lol: You can't even figure out the cause of inflation.

Maybe. But that doesn't answer the question. Should government formulate policy to facilitate lower oil prices?

Should government formulate policy to facilitate lower oil prices?

Is oil important to the US economy?

To some people it is. To some it isn't. You're still not answering the question. Are you ashamed of your position?

Government should interfere less with oil production.
That reduced interference would increase supply and reduce price.

I hold the same position for our entire economy. Less interference would be better.

Do you feel I should be ashamed of my position?

It depends. You still haven't answered the question, so I don't know what your position really is. The thing is, for those who claim to support free markets, goals like lower oil prices as a policy priority are problematic.

Earlier, Ray From Cleveland asked if I knew of anyone who didn't think lower oil prices are a good thing, and I do. Lots of people think keeping oil prices low is a mistake. They believe higher oil prices would be a good thing in the long run because they'd prompt us to pursue new technologies and new energy sources that would actually put us in a much better position in the future, that facilitating a continued dependency on oil is doing us a dis-service. And they're probably right.

And I bet those are the same people who bitch and complain when those prices go up.

When we're talking fuel, we're not just talking about gasoline. As is usually the case, when one fuel has a dramatic increase, they all increase. That's the way the market works.

Fuel prices have a great impact on our economy too. I bet your friends out of work were complaining about the price of fuel when they had no paycheck every week. I'm a truck driver, trust me. When our diesel fuel went up, my employer (like most transportation companies) placed a surcharge for our services. Our customers have to pay that money and that's certainly no help to industry.

Yeah, we have liberals at work too, but none that I'm aware of have ever said fuel prices are too low. I've never heard that once. If anything, I've heard people say that they are still too high. Working people feel that way you know........

You completely missed the point. It was in the part of my post you cropped from your quote:

Many of them would like to see government place additional taxes on oil to make the prices even higher to achieve that goal. But that would be just as wrong as adjusting policy to keep prices artificially low. These kinds of problems should be solved voluntarily by society via the free market, not by legal mandates and coercive state policies.

FA_Q2 12946217
I did not say that it sin irrelevant because the POLITICIAN will not accept accountability. I said it is irrelevant because they WILL NOT - IOW, the electorate is the body that holds those politicians accountable and they will not hold them accountable by any measure.

When I refer to RW's that predicted ridiculously high gas prices I am talking about the RW propaganda machine starting with talk radio and all the ditto heads that parrot what they are Inundated with 24/7. I know of no
way to hold that sizeable coordinated media machine accountable. Advertisers that stick with this entertainment/news venue are all likely conservatives themselves.

I mention politicians because the go on the shows and repeat in office the same propaganda spewed in that media.

The worst are former politicians that hang around the RW media machine.

Then we have people like Ray from Cleveland that didn't know RW'ers were saying all this stuff about Obama - "gasoline will go up 5 cents a gallon every month he's in office." That is not a lie to Ray. That is a mistaken prediction. No U.S. Senator could actually believe that was going to happen - it was a lie. Ray wants proof that Senator Lee knew it wouldn't happen when he said it.

That's what we are dealing with. That is the problem too many Ray's out there.

Maybe Trump winning the GOP primary and the subsequent landslide for Democrats will put an end to this nonsense.

Last edited:
BTW, the price through much of the country was 1.35 on Jan 11, 2009, the week before the hack took office.

You mean the week before the economy destroying hack left office. There was never an increase in oil supply before Obama took over. Idiot Bush filled the SPR with $100+ oil & so completely destroyed the global economy that gasoline demand & price tanked. There has never in history been a worse President or higher oil prices than $147 oil Bush caused.

The only way Bush caused $147 pre barrel price is the economy he created that sparked a good worldwide economy. The more economic activity, the more oil and gasoline people use.

Oil is not domestic, oil and it's uses are worldwide.

More straw-man fantasies from the board retard. Stop eating on food stamps & paint my rentals.

Your rental what, blow up dolls?

See, when you are in the market you pay attention to what is going on at the time. I know what was going on at the time GW was President. When it's my money on the line, I do my homework.

You never did any homework because you suck at math & don't understand economics. Yet you yell at others claiming they don't know econ 101. :lol: You can't even figure out the cause of inflation.

You can't even figure out the cause of inflation.

Let me guess, Booosh?

FA_Q2 12946217
I did not say that it sin irrelevant because the POLITICIAN will not accept accountability. I said it is irrelevant because they WILL NOT - IOW, the electorate is the body that holds those politicians accountable and they will not hold them accountable by any measure.

When I refer to RW's that predicted ridiculously high gas prices I am talking about the RW propaganda machine starting with talk radio and all the ditto heads that parrot what they are Inundated with 24/7. I know of no
way to hold that sizeable coordinated media machine accountable. Advertisers that stick with this entertainment/news venue are all likely conservatives themselves.

I mention politicians because the go on the shows and repeat in office the same propaganda spewed in that media.

The worst are former politicians that hang around the RW media machine.

Then we have people like Ray from Cleveland that didn't know RW'ers were saying all this stuff about Obama - "gasoline will go up 5 cents a gallon every month he's in office." That is not a lie to Ray. That is a mistaken prediction. No U.S. Senator could actually believe that was going to happen - it was a lie. Ray wants proof that Senator Lee knew it wouldn't happen when he said it.

That's what we are dealing with. That is the problem too many Ray's out there.

Maybe Trump winning the GOP primary and the subsequent landslide for Democrats will put an end to this nonsense.
fear mongering is all the Right has had since the 60's. They have zero new ideas because they know their Base are more comfortable living in the past

Hey einstein. Gas is cheap because the world economy is collapsing. Obozo's economic numbers are all lies. "if you like your job, you can keep your job".. HAHA

hey didn't rise. They went down immediately. Starting in July 2008 when the Alaskan exec-ordered offshore restriction was lifted. Then they dropped significantly when the major offshore moratorium expired at the end of September 2008

Gasoline prices went down as the Great Bush Recession was collapsing the U.S. economy at a rate not seen since the Great Depression. Lifting restrictions had nothing to do with lowering gasoline prices. Jobs were being lost at a pace going to one million per month.

What on earth is your point with regards to the OP?
You are very slow and biased.
The price began to drop as the promise for enhanced supply was approved. That was all before the housing market collapse.
What's more, if the price dropped due to economic downturn then the price would have stayed low all through the Obama term because the economy has yet to recover.
Truth is, the economy has yet to recover because of Obama's energy policy's impact on consumer goods prices and the detrimental impact that has had on the economy.

Congress didn't remove the restrictions on the OCS until Oct 2008. Oil prices peaked in July and started falling due to the world wide recession. As the recession expanded to more countries the further the price dropped.

Your denial about the recovered economy is very telling.

Hey einstein. Gas is cheap because the world economy is collapsing. Obozo's economic numbers are all lies. "if you like your job, you can keep your job".. HAHA

Wrong Idiot! US, China, Saudi are pumping record amounts of Oil. The US economy is much stronger than under Bush who destroyed Oil production, US dollar, economy & 18 million US jobs. Obama added 13 million jobs & reversed Bush's shrinking -2% economy into growing 4%.

Bush = China Economic Boom & US Economic Depression!
Obama = US Economic Growth & China Economic Slowdown.

though the 2nd keystone project has been stalled

a couple of days ago the same path was approved under a dakota project

--LOL

though the 2nd keystone project has been stalled

a couple of days ago the same path was approved under a dakota project

--LOL

The South Dakota Public Utilities Commission voted 2-1 to approve the permit for the Dakota Access Pipeline, and construction on the roughly 270-mile leg could begin early next year.

The 1,130-mile pipeline, proposed by Dallas-based Energy Transfer Partners, would move at least 450,000 barrels of crude daily from the Bakken oil patch in western North Dakota through South Dakota and Iowa to an existing pipeline in Patoka, Ill., where shippers can access Midwest and Gulf Coast markets.

South Dakota regulators grant Dakota Access Pipeline permit

Roshawn 12945477
RoshawnMarkwees said:
What's more, if the price dropped due to economic downturn then the price would have stayed low all through the Obama term because the economy has yet to recover.

It was not an economic downturn. It was the worst recession since the Great Depression and I think the rate of job losses per month in the U.S. When Bush left his mess behind was steeper than in the Great Depression.

You say the economy has yet to recover? That is about the dumbest argument presented yet on this thread.

The economy began its recovery 69 months ago and not once went backwards.

"Our businesses have now added 13.5 million jobs over 68 straight months. The longest streak on record."

.today we learned that private-sector employment rose by 268,000 jobs in October. Our businesses have now added 13.5 million jobs over 68 straight months, extending the longest streak on record. The unemployment rate ticked down to 5.0 percent in October—its lowest level since April 2008—with stable labor force participation. Wages continued to rise; average hourly earnings for all private employees have now risen 2.5 percent over the past year, the fastest pace achieved since 2009. Moreover, broader labor market indicators improved as the “underemployment” (U-6) rate declined to its lowest level since May 2008 amid a substantial decline in part-time work for economic reasons. Private employment growth in August and September was also revised up by a total of 56,000 jobs. Overall, our economy has created 8.0 million jobs over the past thirty-six months, the fastest pace since 2000.

Obama’s Winning Streak Continues: Strongest Three Years of Job Creation Since 2000

That's almost six years of economic upturn. Where have you been locked away all this time?

Forum List

Back