Rick Scott's police state

091027160854homeless10.jpg

tent_city.jpg

tent%20city.jpg

Florida Jail:
503780154_e43b526862_o.jpg

tent-city.jpg

r

Who needs concentration camps? We have "Tent Cities".

san fran and Berkley treat the homeless shabbily? by whose reckoning?:lol:

Most of the homeless in those cities are there for the climate, not the assistance they get. That gives all the cities on that list a higher population of homeless than cities like Chicago and New York, where the homeless prefer to not freeze to death. That means they treat the homeless shabbily.

Rick Scott stole 1.7 billion, minimum, from Medicare. Wonder how much he will steal from Florida?

He did no such thing.

This story grows wilder and more inaccurate every time I see it posted.

The asshole should be in Leavenworth, not the governor's mansion. Just shows what 'Conservatives' admire in people.

However, federal investigators found that Scott took part in business practices at Columbia/HCA that were later found to be illegal -- specifically, that Scott and other executives offered financial incentives to doctors in exchange for patient referrals, in violation of federal law, according to lawsuits the Justice Department filed against the company in 2001.

The doctor payments were among 10 different kinds of fraud identified by the Justice Department in its 10-year probe of the company, records show. Three years after Scott left Columbia/HCA, the company admitted wrongdoing, pleading guilty to 14 felonies -- most committed during Scott's tenure -- in addition to paying two sets of fines totaling $1.7 billion.

Read more: Rick Scott and his role in Columbia/HCA scandal - Political Currents - MiamiHerald.com

Rick Scott stole 1.7 billion, minimum, from Medicare. Wonder how much he will steal from Florida?

You are making two different accusations. Democrats stole every dime from social security before and after LBJ made it "official" but it doesn't translate to a "police state" in Florida. Obama's 3,000 page health care mess that nobody read will probably end the lives of the senior citizens if they live long enough but democrat radicals are counting on people not reading the fine print of a 3,000 page law. How does that work?

The asshole should be in Leavenworth, not the governor's mansion. Just shows what 'Conservatives' admire in people.

However, federal investigators found that Scott took part in business practices at Columbia/HCA that were later found to be illegal -- specifically, that Scott and other executives offered financial incentives to doctors in exchange for patient referrals, in violation of federal law, according to lawsuits the Justice Department filed against the company in 2001.

That's a blatant lie. Rick was never fined, and never charged with doing anything wrong – he was never even questioned as part of the investigation. And he played no part in Columbia/HCA’s decision to settle claims with the government.

The doctor payments were among 10 different kinds of fraud identified by the Justice Department in its 10-year probe of the company, records show. Three years after Scott left Columbia/HCA, the company admitted wrongdoing, pleading guilty to 14 felonies -- most committed during Scott's tenure -- in addition to paying two sets of fines totaling $1.7 billion.

They "admitted" no such thing. They simply settled with the government to get the investigation over with.

If want to read the truth about Rick Scott, instead of these sleazy despicable lies, you can do it here:

The Truth About Rick Scott

I would say slandering a perfectly respectable businessman, just because you don't like his political point of view, is the mark of an asshole who deserves to go to Leavenworth.

Bullshit, liar.

The Villages is all private property - every last square yard of it. The roads are private. the golf courses are private. And all the communal areas are private property.
And none of it is restricted area for the people who live there. The people kicked out live there.

I don't know about that. I'm sure certain parts of it can be rented by outside parties. However, the claim that it's a "public venue" is clearly false.

That's a blatant lie. Rick was never fined, and never charged with doing anything wrong – he was never even questioned as part of the investigation. And he played no part in Columbia/HCA’s decision to settle claims with the government.

They "admitted" no such thing. They simply settled with the government to get the investigation over with.

If want to read the truth about Rick Scott, instead of these sleazy despicable lies, you can do it here:

The Truth About Rick Scott

I would say slandering a perfectly respectable businessman, just because you don't like his political point of view, is the mark of an asshole who deserves to go to Leavenworth.

You're either a fool or a tool:

Rick Scott Two Hour Fraud Deposition, Never Before Viewed

That's a blatant lie. Rick was never fined, and never charged with doing anything wrong – he was never even questioned as part of the investigation. And he played no part in Columbia/HCA’s decision to settle claims with the government

That deposition had to do with an anti-trust case involving his firm, not the Medicare fraud investigation.

You're an idiot and a liar.

The Villages is all private property - every last square yard of it. The roads are private. the golf courses are private. And all the communal areas are private property.
And none of it is restricted area for the people who live there. The people kicked out live there.

I don't know about that. I'm sure certain parts of it can be rented by outside parties. However, the claim that it's a "public venue" is clearly false.

Who claimed it was a public venue? Hint: no one.

Gov. Scott’s office is now dealing with the backlash from the removal of Democrats at this week’s budget signing and robocalls supporting the veto of millions intended for hometown projects.

By Aaron Sharockman and Marc Caputo
Herald/Times Tallahassee Bureau

THE VILLAGES -- A day after some Democrats were removed from Gov. Rick Scott’s budget signing by sheriff’s deputies because the event was “private,” a Scott spokesman tried to deflect blame by claiming that Scott’s office ordered no one out.

Only that’s not true.

A reporter for The St. Petersburg Times/Miami Herald witnessed the entire incident. Here’s what happened:

The $69.1 billion budget signing took place in a town square owned by The Villages Community Development District, which functions as the community’s government. The space, however, is leased to The Village’s corporate developer. And in this case, it was subleased by the Republican Party of Florida, said Barbara Vesco, director of entertainment and special events for The Villages.

Scott staffers dressed in dark suits and wearing black ear pieces summoned Sumter County Sheriff’s deputies. They told the deputies that the state budget signing was a private event and that a group of Democrats standing or sitting in the last two rows of the audience must leave.

Deputies went to tell the group to leave. The Democrats mentioned how the event was described as being open to the public in the local newspaper, The Villages Daily Sun. “Well, I don’t read that paper,” the deputy responded.

The group of Democrats then said it was unfair that they were being singled out.

“You all are preaching to the choir,” the same deputy told them. “I’m doing what I’m told.”

The deputies received their instructions from Russ Abrams, a $60,000-a-year special assistant to Scott. When a Herald/Times reporter approached Abrams to ask why some people were being asked to leave, Abrams said: The budget signing was “a private event.” When asked more questions, Abrams said: “I don’t need to talk to the press,” and then, “I don’t have anything to say.”

Read more: Scott’s office denies removing Democrats from budget signing - Political Currents - MiamiHerald.com

Last edited:
That's a blatant lie. Rick was never fined, and never charged with doing anything wrong – he was never even questioned as part of the investigation.And he played no part in Columbia/HCA’s decision to settle claims with the government

That deposition had to do with an anti-trust case involving his firm, not the Medicare fraud investigation.

You're an idiot and a liar.
In the newly released video in the separate anti-trust case, Scott is seen testifying for two hours in case number 95-cv-00165, Orlando Regional Health v. Columbia/HCA Health, which is Scott's company.

As the video shows, he repeatedly dodges lawyers' questions while under oath - even at one point refusing to identify his own signature.

Moron.

The precise term used was "public area," and it's still false.

Your own source says the space was "subleased by the Republican Party of Florida." In other words, it was a private event and Scott had every right to evict the local parasites from the event.

In the newly released video in the separate anti-trust case, Scott is seen testifying for two hours in case number 95-cv-00165, Orlando Regional Health v. Columbia/HCA Health, which is Scott's company.

As the video shows, he repeatedly dodges lawyers' questions while under oath - even at one point refusing to identify his own signature.

Moron.

Not answering loaded questions is what good defense attorneys tell defense witnesses to do.

This has nothing to do with the issue under discussion. You failed to prove my claim was false, moron

The precise term used was "public area," and it's still false.

Your own source says the space was "subleased by the Republican Party of Florida." In other words, it was a private event and Scott had every right to evict the local parasites from the event.
It was in the Town Square, which is the public area for the residents of The Villages.

Only Scott's lackey called it a private event, and that don't mean shit. Show me where The Villages called it a private event, not open to all residents of The Villages.

It was even listed in The Villages newspaper as "open to the public", for fuck's sake.

Damn, you're dumb.

Moron.

Not answering loaded questions is what good defense attorneys tell defense witnesses to do.

This has nothing to do with the issue under discussion. You failed to prove my claim was false, moron
I just proved that you're a liar. Deal with it.

It was in the Town Square, which is the public area for the residents of The Villages.

Only Scott's lackey called it a private event, and that don't mean shit. Show me where The Villages called it a private event, not open to all residents of The Villages.

It was even listed in The Villages newspaper as "open to the public", for fuck's sake.

Damn, you're dumb.

Your own source admits that the Republican Party leased the space, so how could it be public? Since when do you have to lease space that's open to the public?

Whether the Scott people printed erroneous advertising is another matter, and it's hardly of any significance.

I really howl whenever you call me dumb.

You're utterly hilarious.

Forum List

Back