Republicans try to kill Consumer Financial Protection agency before it even starts

How can we afford this new agency?
As if we didn't have enough in this area already.
More and more government is not the answer.

Maybe you should stop treating people like they are brainless morons and start realizing we can take care of ourselves without "papa" government micromanaging our lives?

Maybe you should stop treating people like they are brainless morons and start realizing we can take care of ourselves without "papa" government micromanaging our lives?

Because the leftists are brainless morons and yes, they do need government micromanaging their lives.

How can we afford this new agency?
As if we didn't have enough in this area already.
More and more government is not the answer.

If allowed to do it's job, the reduction in interest on credit cards will be enough to fund the agency.

Brainless morons are the Dem base.

Last edited:
This is because Elizabeth Warren keeps on lying to congress..

Democrats are fucking dishonest..

The democrats are pulling the whole "we gotta pass the bill to see whats in it" game.

People can't make financial decision for themselves.

They need the all-knowing hand of the government to protect them.

The Government is my shepherd,
I shall not want;
He makes me lie down in green technology...

People can't make financial decision for themselves.

They need the all-knowing hand of the government to protect them.

The Government is my shepherd,
I shall not want;
He makes me lie down in green technology...

You're amusing...in a wholly irrelevant way.

What do you think happens when average ordinary Americans find themselves up against businesses which do not act in good faith?

Have you heard of how credit card companies get young kids and adults on credit with contracts that are pages long (that nobody reads, by the way) and interest rates that can jump up to well over 30% (or higher) just because of late payments?

Or how about the banks who haven't been following proper legal procedure when it comes to mortgage forclosures on 100s of thousands of homes?

They there's the whole pay day loan debacle that's going on nationwide.

That's just for startes.

What hope to you think that individuals stand when trying to deal with companies like this when they might not even be based in ther own state?

And that's not even taking into account the fly-by-night companies which close up shop when the heat is on, move to another location or state and start all over again with changed business names.

Consumers can make good financial decisions, but when it comes to dishonest or fraudulent companies and their owners, consumers don't really stand a chance. And as long as the chances of getting caught or prosecuted is slim, nothing will change.

A brand new large bureaucratic agency with sweeping powers not accountable to Congress, headed by someone not confirmed by the Senate.
What could possibly go wrong??

Since Congress passed Dodd-Frank credit card fees and rates have gone up and the number of qualified people has gone down.
So in trying to "protect" consumers government action has done the opposite.

Forum List

Back