Rich People (Don't) Create Jobs

Sometimes the ideas we are certain are true, are DEAD WRONG.

A policymaker believes that the rich create jobs and should not be tax, he will make terrible policy.

Watch and learn. -- Only Consumers can set in motion the cycle...

Uh, and where do consumers get the money to "set in motion the cycle"? And who owns 99% of the companies that employ consumers? That would be rich people.

I don't know about you, but I've never heard or anyone, much less known anyone, who worked for a poor person.

A policymaker believes that the rich create jobs and should not be tax, he will make terrible policy.

===============
oooooh fucking really ? has anyone ever told you, you are either stupid or totally lacking any education beyond "don't suck your thumb"..??
have you ever heard about H.H. Timken ?? he was a maker of roller bearings, and made a company out of his inventiveness, i worked at one of his plants in Ohio, by that time his heirs, rich people, hired me for a job, they were RICH people who created a company that resulted in creation of jobs.

The company had already been created. His heirs didn't have to spend their money to hire you.

Completely irrelevant. If the heirs had closed the plant down, and flown to an island to live out their days sipping martinis on the beach, served by bikini clad serving girls..... guess what? 20,000 wouldn't have a job.

So the fact they keep the company going, whether it was already built or not, does make any difference.

And forget the heirs for a minute. Whether they are directly involved in the company or not, doesn't matter, because ultimately there is still a rich person, as CEO of that company today. Richard G. Kyle is CEO today, and he's rich. If it wasn't for him, there would be 20,000 fewer employed people.

Rich people create jobs. To doubt that is absolute stupidity. You think the Timken roller bearing plant would have popped out the ground, by itself, without a rich person funding it? That's like going home to your wife, and finding a full 3 course meal on the table, and thinking that it all happened because someone threw a grenade in the kitchen, and out popped a meal.

Ridiculous. Leftism, is the ideology of ridiculous.

Small businesses create the jobs in America. They not generally businesses started by the Rich.

I've worked at small businesses for most of my life. I can't think of one that was not run by a rich guy.

Doesn't matter if they "started" rich or not. Those people are rich. That's how they have the money to hire people. Poor people do not hire employees. Never met a guy yet who was poor, and taking applications. Doesn't happen. Can't happen.

And, yes many large corporations are started by people who were not wealthy to begin with. That's our point, that anyone in America can be wealthy, if they take the risk and push through.

What is the good of one rich guy and 9 just hanging on? How about one well off guy, not really rich, and 9 making a decent living?
One well off guy WON'T have 9 employees making a decent living. He'll have at best 1 or 2 more and the other of Shit out of Luck. That is how it works in the real world.

Hows your compassion looking now?

So your position is that no one in America can get rich without fucking over some working people.

lol good one.

Only you, and those like you, view it as "fing over some working people". What moron, thinks that voluntary exchange of labor for money, is some screwing someone over?

When I got my job, I haggled with the price, they agreed to X amount, and I agreed to X amount. I gave them 40 hours of labor, they gave me 40 hours of pay.

It was a mutually beneficial agreement from the start. No one is screwing anyone over. If I was being screwed over, I would quit, and work someplace else.

Which... I have done in the past. I have had at least 1, perhaps 2 jobs that I thought I wasn't being paid properly for my work. The arrangement didn't benefit me. So... I canceled the arrangement. *gasp!* This isn't rocket science stupid. If you think your labor is worth more, then SHUT UP, and go someplace else where you are paid what your worth.

"But but no one will pay me that much!"

Hint.... if no one is willing to pay you that much.... psst... it's because your not worth that much. *GASP* SHOCK / HORROR...

Yeah, sparky. Your 3rd grade left-leaning government paid public school teacher, that told you how special you are, and everyone is a winner? She lied.

When you come in, barely awake, and 5 minutes, late and stand there whopper flopping, at burger king... no one is screwing you over. In fact, you are over paid. Make your labor more valuable, by doing something with more value. That's up to you, not your boss, to make you do it.

Oh, crackheads on welfare like you create the jobs, eh?

===============
oooooh fucking really ? has anyone ever told you, you are either stupid or totally lacking any education beyond "don't suck your thumb"..??
have you ever heard about H.H. Timken ?? he was a maker of roller bearings, and made a company out of his inventiveness, i worked at one of his plants in Ohio, by that time his heirs, rich people, hired me for a job, they were RICH people who created a company that resulted in creation of jobs.

The company had already been created. His heirs didn't have to spend their money to hire you.

Completely irrelevant. If the heirs had closed the plant down, and flown to an island to live out their days sipping martinis on the beach, served by bikini clad serving girls..... guess what? 20,000 wouldn't have a job.

So the fact they keep the company going, whether it was already built or not, does make any difference.

And forget the heirs for a minute. Whether they are directly involved in the company or not, doesn't matter, because ultimately there is still a rich person, as CEO of that company today. Richard G. Kyle is CEO today, and he's rich. If it wasn't for him, there would be 20,000 fewer employed people.

Rich people create jobs. To doubt that is absolute stupidity. You think the Timken roller bearing plant would have popped out the ground, by itself, without a rich person funding it? That's like going home to your wife, and finding a full 3 course meal on the table, and thinking that it all happened because someone threw a grenade in the kitchen, and out popped a meal.

My credit union has created many jobs and there are no rich people behind it.

===============

Wow, what a fucking pathetic comment. Probably untrue as well. You know the bank balance of every depositor there?

===============

Wow, what a fucking pathetic comment. Probably untrue as well. You know the bank balance of every depositor there?

You obviously have no idea how a credit union works.

===============

Uh, no. That would be you. Again.
Why do you think your credit union created many jobs? Let's start there.

===============

Bull crap! Name your credit Union, and I'll see. My credit union, the dude in charge, makes $4 Million a year.

You are nutz if you think the CEO of a credit Union is a middle class income earner. You are blowing smoke.

My credit union created jobs because it's a non-profit that offers banking services that meet or beat for-profit banks.

===============

Few CEO's are there to create jobs. Most are there to figure out how to run the company with as few jobs as possible.

Who creates more jobs?

One person with 10 million? Ten people with 1 million each? One hundred people with 100,000 each? A thousand people with 10,000 each?

===============

Few CEO's are there to create jobs. Most are there to figure out how to run the company with as few jobs as possible.

All CEOs are there to do as much works as possible, with as few people as possible. That's what keeps the jobs that do exist.

You think they should try to get as little work done with the most people, there by being competitive and bankrupt?

You just outlined exactly what happened to Hostess. They had 3 truck drivers, by union requirement, each delivering specific products, which could have been done by 1 truck driver. The result of that, and other similarly terrible union rules, resulted in Hostess going bankrupt and everyone being laid off.

All jobs are created, or maintained, by CEOs. Without them, you end up with Apple in the 90s. Or WorldCom, or Enron, or any number of other examples.

My credit union created jobs because it's a non-profit that offers banking services that meet or beat for-profit banks.

Name the credit union.

Who creates more jobs?

One person with 10 million? Ten people with 1 million each? One hundred people with 100,000 each? A thousand people with 10,000 each?

None of them inherently creates anything. Now certainly the thousand people with 10,000 each, do not. If they created one job, it would wipe them out, and they would be broke, and the one created job would be eliminated.

One minimum wage job, costs roughly $25,000 in taxes, fees, benefits, and insurance. With only $10,000, they'd be broke in 4 months paying someone to work minimum wage.

But beyond that, assume they have enough money to sustain any employment at all... the bigger question is what do they do with the money? Do they invest the money? Or do they consume the money?

Who creates more jobs? A person with $5 Million, or a person with $10 Million?

Sharon Tirabassi won $10 Million dollars. How many jobs did she create? Zero. She blew through the money, spent every penny, and now doesn't even own a car. Goes to work by bus, working a low wage job.

Steve Jobs on the other hand got $5 Million after leaving Apple, and used that to purchase, and invest into Pixar. Up till just recently, Pixar had over 600 employees, and produced dozens of films.

Who created more jobs? The investor did. Not the consumer.

So here's the key. Without money, you can't create jobs no matter what you do. But if two people have money, the person who invests, is who will create jobs.

Forum List

Back