Revenge - I hate myself

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Are any of you watching the nighttime soap opera, "Revenge"?

Starting with a mildly interesting premise and a beautiful lead character, I began watching it when it first came on a couple years ago.

As the seasons go on, the plot lines get more and more complicated and preposterous, and the relationships among the characters become as complex as a plate of spaghetti. I swear to god, these people seem to know less about who their fathers (and mothers) are than the most devoted head-bangers in the Ghetto. Every episode, there is one more character who finds out that his father or mother is not who he was brought up to believe.

Emily VanCamp is the latest in a long line of great American actors and actresses who has two or three basic facial expressions and forces the audience to figure out what each one represents in context (like Harrison Ford?). Last night, she was forced to confront the fact that she has had a series of mental blackouts when she acts totally out of character, possibly damaging her relationships with people who are important to her, and fouling up her overall plans for...REVENGE! But looking into that beautiful face last night I recognized her "new" facial expression for exactly what it was.

It was the same expression one sees in actresses in the "before" pictures on the laxative commercials! She needs to take a DUMP!

But I can't stop watching the show. God help me.

Are any of you watching the nighttime soap opera, "Revenge"?

Starting with a mildly interesting premise and a beautiful lead character, I began watching it when it first came on a couple years ago.

As the seasons go on, the plot lines get more and more complicated and preposterous, and the relationships among the characters become as complex as a plate of spaghetti. I swear to god, these people seem to know less about who their fathers (and mothers) are than the most devoted head-bangers in the Ghetto. Every episode, there is one more character who finds out that his father or mother is not who he was brought up to believe.

Emily VanCamp is the latest in a long line of great American actors and actresses who has two or three basic facial expressions and forces the audience to figure out what each one represents in context (like Harrison Ford?). Last night, she was forced to confront the fact that she has had a series of mental blackouts when she acts totally out of character, possibly damaging her relationships with people who are important to her, and fouling up her overall plans for...REVENGE! But looking into that beautiful face last night I recognized her "new" facial expression for exactly what it was.

It was the same expression one sees in actresses in the "before" pictures on the laxative commercials! She needs to take a DUMP!

But I can't stop watching the show. God help me.

And neither can I. ^^^^^ I love the fashion, the drama, the beauty of the men and the women, the SOUNDTRACK is beyond fantastic. As are the graphics. All things The Hamptons. I DVRd it last night but have yet to watch it. It has grabbed me from the git-go. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq09hxuK7qQ]Revenge Season 3 Episode 14 Promo/Preview "Payback" (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

I watched and enjoyed the first season. Yes, it was ridiculous and overly-dramatic soap opera type stuff, but the way she went about getting her revenge was just fun.

I gave up very quickly in the second season. This should have been a one season, she gets her revenge and it's over show. ;)

Yeah, after a while you just want her to get her revenge and get a life.

Reminds me of the old "Thirty-something" show. After a couple seasons I wished they would all just turn 40 and go away.

Sorry to revisit this, but I can't resist posting.

After more than a year of dancing around the rim of ridiculousness, they finally fell in completely.

Last week's episode (aired on October 25th) went into the shitter when David Clark - long presumed dead - seemed ready to go after and kill his daughter, because Nolan thought it would be too traumatic to explain to him (a former best friend) that his daughter had been trying to get revenge for his death by destroying theevil family that she believe had framed him for murder, then had him killed.

Oh, my fucking GOD!

I can't even stand the thought of watching this another minute.

Noooooooooo!

I'm still watching!!!!

End of season, Emily Thorn reveals that she is really Amanda Clark! The Hamptons sink into the North Atlantic Ocean!

What can possibly happen next year? Will there be a next year?

What is wrong with me?

Forum List

Back