Revealed: Hobby Lobby founder behind $3 billion effort to 'rebrand Jesus'

Wrong.

That an immigrant, migrant, or refugee might be undocumented doesn’t mean he’s illegal; in fact, those designated as a refugee or asylee are lawfully in the country.
Yes, legally many uninvited border crashers do have limited legal status

That does not make them any less unwelcome

This move already tempts the American reader by placing a value on the project. We know that the American prisoner is already compromised about value, because it's capitalist.

Secondly, knowledge is replacing faith and religion knows it. The prisoners can be duped with fairy tales for millenia, though sooner or later, the stick-and-carrot of messianism becomes suspect.

'The revelation in question is a waiting for a higher truth of reality, which unconceals the real nature of the truth, in a time when Christ will come again, or the Messiah will finally come.

But true to the non-occurrence of the event, Derrida's and Blanchot's Messiah, the 'Other' who is the object of this new religion, will not come, and there is no truth to be revealed, or no justice at a stroke which one would have expected on such a day.

Rather, the devotee must always (pretend [italics]) that it would come on a normal day, knowing that it will not really; or if not pretend, then he understand that normal time is not the time of justice, but one must act as if it were coming.'
(Powell J, Jacques Derrida: A Biography, p. 148)

A lot of people. Do you want to know the story?
Not from you.

Jesus' parents fled. Jesus was too young to fear any persecution.

And guess what. Egypt was a short stint. Jesus returned home where he wanted to be.

You lefties call him a refugee for no other reason than to rationalize your beloved illegals.

Not from you.

And guess what. Egypt was a short stint. Jesus returned home where he wanted to be.

You lefties call him a refugee for no other reason than to rationalize your beloved illegals.

Hmmmm. what makes me a lefty?

Is it that I'm pro-life? Is it that I fully support the 2nd? Is it because I support not raising the debt limit? Because I believe we need to balance the budget? Maybe it's my support of the electoral college? Perhaps my belief we need to leave the Supreme Court at 9?

I know, I'm a lefty because I abide by the words of Jesus.

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

Matthew 25:35

What does that say about "Righties"?

yeah? why don't ya explain it? I'm guessing ya can't

yeah thanks :abgg2q.jpg:
I don't know if I'll be able to simplify this down to your level, but I'll try.

When I said "people in the religion", I wasn't talking about political affiliation.

Since you are consumed with your hardcore right wing partisan ideology, you apparently assumed I meant one end of the political spectrum. You were incorrect and you were not particularly close.

Is that simple enough for you, or are you still confused? I'm trying to help you here. Should I have written this in crayon?

Chic Filet I think.
[I actually had no idea what this was about until I went back and checked] on a serious note the prison system needs to be razed, both figurative and literally, completely scrapped, not just the private side either, the entire way we do it [policing, courts etc.] needs revamping with the emphasis on rehabilitating not revenge...btw on a lighter note...it's "chic-fil-A"

Hmmmm. what makes me a lefty?

Is it that I'm pro-life? Is it that I fully support the 2nd? Is it because I support not raising the debt limit? Because I believe we need to balance the budget? Maybe it's my support of the electoral college? Perhaps my belief we need to leave the Supreme Court at 9?

I know, I'm a lefty because I abide by the words of Jesus.

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

Matthew 25:35

What does that say about "Righties"?

Look at the history of raising the debt ceiling since Reagan.

I don't know if I'll be able to simplify this down to your level, but I'll try.
uh-oh I tied into a big brain and am now hopelessly and haplessly at its mercy :abgg2q.jpg:
When I said "people in the religion",
"When "YOU" said? I was referring to what Mat said.
I wasn't talking about political affiliation.
"YOU" weren't talking about? I never pretended "you" were talking about anything.
Since you are consumed with your hardcore right wing partisan ideology,
I'm a democrat, vote that way across the board in every election.
you apparently assumed I meant one end of the political spectrum.
No, why would I assume you meant that when it was attributed to Mat? I meant what Mat meant and just applied it to liberals instead of Christians...but you already knew that didn't you? this little dance of yours is mere wiggle and proof you cannot explain it.
You were incorrect and you were not particularly close.
I think a check of our posts would prove otherwise
are you still confused?
No, but ya gave it your best shot.
I'm trying to help you here.
Should I have written this in crayon?
No, just finish your menu

Last edited:
Not from you.

Yo Dude...given that the whole reason Joseph and Mary fled was to avoid Herod from killing Jesus...and given that all the other first-born sons WERE killed--that while Jesus, being an infant, had no fear..his parents had much to fear indeed. Given that the whole reason for the spate of infanticide was to kill Jesus, right?
Short stint? LOL..try walking it sometime eh?

Refugee= person who flees to another country to avoid persecution and execution.

Once again, refugee does not have to equal illegal..and often does not.

Forum List

Back