Republicans vs. Conservatives: Funny but true

Its not optional to care for the poor, its mandatory, if you're a believer in the Bible and the Bible simply says that those who don't care for the poor will have problems getting into heaven. I have to sleep now, I don't have any time to pull up Bible verses but when I do you'll look mighty stupid.

I highly doubt you will find a single verse in the Bible where the Lord is telling people to outsource their priviliges to minister to the needs of others to Ceasar.

No, but prior to the New Deal Avatar, who was feeding and housing the poor in this country?

You conservatives talk as if Big Government shoved charities out of the way to get to them. That is just bullshit.

Avatar4321, your own Mormon scriptures (Mosiah 4) make it very clear that taking care of the poor and infirm are the duty of all, and that you have no right to judge the worthiness of who ask.

That is your scripture, and you are bound by its words.

My scriptures teach individual responsibility. Not advocating that responsibility to the government.

I've explained this to you several times. But you still refuse to accept that King Benjamin was specifically preaching individual responsibility, not the outsourcing of that responsibility to a King or a Government.

Your lack of understanding is not my problem.

I'm not a super religious guy but Avatar is right. The gov spends trillions and trillions trying to protect us from our health habits, from old age, from terrorists, from crime, from business risk, from ourselves. The result is trillions in debt ($15T external, $41T internal) and no difference is what the government is attempting to accomplish.
It was individuals that stopped the underwear and shoe bombers not the gov's billion dollar machines.
It was passersby that stopped the Times square bomber not gov spying.
It is people's own deleveraging and saving that will get us through the sub-prime bubble not gov's QE.
It will be families that get will the elderly though the SS devaluation not gov (they only collateralized SS payments into public debt).
It is was Samaritans that stopped the shooter in Tucson not gov.
It will be families that take care of the sick when they discover that Obamacare in unsustainable not the gov.
It was me who should put a bigger lock on my (stolen) motorcycle not the impatient clown that filled out the police report.

Let's not forget the 1.3 billion we send to Egypt every year....:cuckoo:
I love my country, but the people in charge of spending our money are the most fiscally irresponsible IDIOTS in the world. We blow through more money at the government level that it makes me want to puke.

Its not optional to care for the poor, its mandatory, if you're a believer in the Bible and the Bible simply says that those who don't care for the poor will have problems getting into heaven. I have to sleep now, I don't have any time to pull up Bible verses but when I do you'll look mighty stupid.

I highly doubt you will find a single verse in the Bible where the Lord is telling people to outsource their priviliges to minister to the needs of others to Ceasar.

No, but prior to the New Deal Avatar, who was feeding and housing the poor in this country?

You conservatives talk as if Big Government shoved charities out of the way to get to them. That is just bullshit.

The people through Church and charity

What a lovely thought, Avatar. Unfortunately, it does not work. It's either government provided assistance or nothing, far too often.

I pick providing the aid.

You?

King Benjamin was speaking in a theocratic state, which meant government and church were fused. Yes, charity was a public obligation as well as private.

My scriptures teach individual responsibility. Not advocating that responsibility to the government.

I've explained this to you several times. But you still refuse to accept that King Benjamin was specifically preaching individual responsibility, not the outsourcing of that responsibility to a King or a Government.

Your lack of understanding is not my problem.

You refuse to accept the theocratic dictate of King Benjamin, who said nothing about the individual outside of the government, because that did not exist in a theocracy.

Your lack of understanding is grounds for a court of love and counsel.

I very much accept the command for individuals to provide charity for the less fortunate.

It's your concept of advocating individual responsibility to the government that i disagree with. The scriptures do as well.

The Book of Mormon is declaratively against the Forced redistribution of wealth. In fact, it spells very clearly why those who tried to take the wealth of others through the use of force lead to the downfall of multiple societies.

There is a reason Robbery is a capital crime. But apparently some don't have a problem if that robbery is called "Politics"

Scripture is not for personal interpretation; you don't get to do that. Take this up with your priesthood file leadership. I will leave this alone for now.

Scripture is not for personal interpretation; you don't get to do that. Take this up with your priesthood file leadership. I will leave this alone for now.

i disagree Jake.....you can have ten people read the same passage and come away with ten different meanings....and just because Father Mulcahey says this is what it means.....it does not mean he is any more right then one of the other ten...its just what he got out of it...nothing more....

i disagree Jake.....you can have ten people read the same passage and come away with ten different meanings....and just because Father Mulcahey says this is what it means.....it does not mean he is any more right then one of the other ten...its just what he got out of it...nothing more....

I would normally agree, Harry Dresden, with you on this. However, Avatar belongs to a priesthood dominated church that is very careful about not letting its followers make their private interpretations public to all who can read. He is out of line, and he knows it. If one of his priesthood file leaders saw his post, he would be called into explain why he is making interpretations that he has no role to make. Unless he is a member of the Presidency or the Twelve, that is.

I don't think he is.

The GOP climbed on the backs the stupidest people in America.

I hope its prepared for the ride those socially conservative (read radically primative OT christian) fools will give it.
Yet the "stupidest people" understand the Constitution far better than that self professed "Constitutional Scholar" Obama.

Obama knows the Constitution perfectly, Obama studied the Constitution because he does not believe in the Constitution nor the United States of America.

I wonder if Obama said the pledge of alliance in 1st grade, I bet not.

Didn't he go to a Muslim school in Indonesia listed as an Indonesian citizen? I doubt they said the Pledge of Allegiance

Cutter, you may have gone to an Indonesian school as an Indonesian citizen, and I bet you did not say the Pledge.

Statements like yours makes the great center of America laugh at your idiocy. :lmao:

Cutter, you may have gone to an Indonesian school as an Indonesian citizen, and I bet you did not say the Pledge.

Statements like yours makes the great center of America laugh at your idiocy. :lmao:

Sorry, got him confused with Barry Sorento.

Bass is describing folks who call themselves Republicans who are anything but.

Got him confused with Batty Cutter.

According to wikipedia
Indonesia

In October 1967, Obama and his mother moved to Jakarta to rejoin his stepfather. Obama, his mother and his stepfather initially lived in a rented house at 16 Kyai Haji Ramli Tengah Street in a newly-built neighborhood in the Menteng Dalam administrative village of the Tebet subdistrict in South Jakarta for two and a half years, with his stepfather working on a topographic survey for the Indonesian government.[15][16] From January 1968 to December 1969, Obama's mother taught English and was an assistant director of the U.S. government-subsidized Indonesia-America Friendship Institute,[17] while Obama attended the Indonesian-language Santo Fransiskus Asisi (St. Francis of Assisi) Catholic School around the corner from their house for 1st, 2nd, and part of 3rd grade.[15]

What a lovely thought, Avatar. Unfortunately, it does not work. It's either government provided assistance or nothing, far too often.

I pick providing the aid.

You?

Problem... we're BROKE.

According to wikipedia
Indonesia

In October 1967, Obama and his mother moved to Jakarta to rejoin his stepfather. Obama, his mother and his stepfather initially lived in a rented house at 16 Kyai Haji Ramli Tengah Street in a newly-built neighborhood in the Menteng Dalam administrative village of the Tebet subdistrict in South Jakarta for two and a half years, with his stepfather working on a topographic survey for the Indonesian government.[15][16] From January 1968 to December 1969, Obama's mother taught English and was an assistant director of the U.S. government-subsidized Indonesia-America Friendship Institute,[17] while Obama attended the Indonesian-language Santo Fransiskus Asisi (St. Francis of Assisi) Catholic School around the corner from their house for 1st, 2nd, and part of 3rd grade.[15]

You or I can change the postings on wikipedia, and how much you wanna bet that it will change three times by this time tomorrow. But do notice, my little friend: according to your source, Barry went to a Christian school. Gasp! Imagine that.

According to wikipedia
Indonesia

You or I can change the postings on wikipedia, and how much you wanna bet that it will change three times by this time tomorrow. But do notice, my little friend: according to your source, Barry went to a Christian school. Gasp! Imagine that.

You must have me confused with someone else. I never said he wasn't Christian, for one. And I'm 6'6" 285lbs and that takes me out of the "my little friend" category.

Barry Cutter, I am confusing you with no one. You are hater, pure and simple. You hate people for who they are instead of what they area. And even though you are my size, little Barry, you are indeed my little friend.

Forum List

Back