Republicans think handing corporations money creates jobs.

Ummm, they raised pay to $10/hr which still qualifies millions of their workers for welfare benefits. In 2016, WalMart workers cost about $5B in welfare. WalMart's 2016 profits were about $14B. So more than 1/3 of WalMart's profits were subsidized by taxpayers because WalMart pays their workers shitty wages.

Yep, so why would Democrats put forth a bill that would have made minimum wage $10.10 an hour?

I don't shop at Walmart and I won't work at Walmart so I have no issue with it. We should just shut down all Walmarts and that would solve everything.

I have my views challenged all the time, I just don't allow someone like you to pretend they are all knowing and put up the parameters.

Right, because you're gonna need to shift the parameters as your argument falls apart.

I don't need to shift anything. I am good with it, you seem to be the one having trouble with it. If you could only follow a conversation.

So no bill has been introduced, no bill has been passed however, you think you know everything therefore you must be right. Sorry, I don't listen to that kind of BS logic, I find it wrong and counterproductive to solving any issue.

Conservatives have openly talked about abolishing the minimum wage. Trump himself even said so.

Trump isn't a conservative, never has been. He is closer to Hillary in his politics. Not sure why anyone would have voted for him or Hillary for that matter.

Yep, so why would Democrats put forth a bill that would have made minimum wage $10.10 an hour?

Democrats just submitted a bill to raise the minimum wage to $15/hr. The Democratic Party Platform calls for a $15/hr minimum wage.

I don't shop at Walmart and I won't work at Walmart so I have no issue with it. We should just shut down all Walmarts and that would solve everything.

No, WalMart should just pay its workers a decent wage so taxpayers don't have to subsidize those wages with welfare, which in turn subsidizes WalMart's profits.

WalMart is just one example, but many corporations are like them. I use WalMart because it's the simplest and easiest way to articulate my point that we subsidize corporate profits via welfare for their underpaid workers. Apparently, you have no problem with corporate welfare. Er um - is that "Conservative" now?

I don't need to shift anything. I am good with it, you seem to be the one having trouble with it. If you could only follow a conversation.

But that's what you guys do! Constantly. Apparently, being a "Conservative" is in the mind of the beholder now...at least, that's the tract you're arguing.

Democrats just submitted a bill to raise the minimum wage to $15/hr. The Democratic Party Platform calls for a $15/hr minimum wage.

No, WalMart should just pay its workers a decent wage so taxpayers don't have to subsidize those wages with welfare, which in turn subsidizes WalMart's profits.

WalMart is just one example, but many corporations are like them. I use WalMart because it's the simplest and easiest way to articulate my point that we subsidize corporate profits via welfare for their underpaid workers. Apparently, you have no problem with corporate welfare. Er um - is that "Conservative" now?

I say end all corporate welfare, that includes Amtrak, NPR and PBS, just shut down Walmarts, I'd have no problem with shutting them down. I shop mom and pops, I shop local, I wish Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Target and Costcos would all go away. I would have no issues.

As far as the $15, I'm all for it however, it will speed up automation and eliminate jobs. The trucking industry is looking at eliminating 4 million jobs in three to five years, with truck automation. McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King and other fast food restaurants are looking at eliminating millions of jobs through automation. Self checkouts are popping up at larger retail chains and grocery stores. How many jobs are you willing to eliminate to get wages up to $15 an hour? Amazon has an almost fully automated 120,000 square foot warehouse where less than 20 people would work.

Every action has consequences, good or bad.

Trump isn't a conservative, never has been. He is closer to Hillary in his politics. Not sure why anyone would have voted for him or Hillary for that matter.

So now that Trump sucks, suddenly he's not a Conservative. Hmmm...so why is it that he continues to have unbending Conservative support?

I have no idea and it wasn't sudden. I saw and maintained that he is liberal or moderate at the very least.

His foreign policy is liberal, see Syria and the way Hillary would have handled Syria. He is against NAFTA, that is liberal, his ideas on marijuana almost mirrors Clintons. His view of eminent domain is liberal. The other issue with Trump is he changes positions at will, so hard to tell what his real stand on anything is.

Funny that the Clinton's and the Trump's were great friends before the election, now not so much.

But that's what you guys do! Constantly. Apparently, being a "Conservative" is in the mind of the beholder now...at least, that's the tract you're arguing.

What do we do? I am on a thread responding to a person and you came along and shifted the conversation.

I love on this board you have to be a liberal or a conservative, nothing else.

Thing is, we know what makes someone a liberal. But when someone says they're "Conservative", what does that exactly mean? It's certainly not conservative in the true sense of the word, otherwise they'd be all about protecting the environment. I don't know anymore what "Conservative" actually means because those who claim to be so constantly shift the parameters of the definition.

So if I have you pegged wrong, I apologize. However, if you are arguing Conservative points, you're doing so absent of facts. Which is the entire problem. Conservatism is a belief structure. One that has many, many glaring faults and flaws.

His foreign policy is liberal, see Syria and the way Hillary would have handled Syria. He is against NAFTA, that is liberal, his ideas on marijuana almost mirrors Clintons. His view of eminent domain is liberal. The other issue with Trump is he changes positions at will, so hard to tell what his real stand on anything is.Funny that the Clinton's and the Trump's were great friends before the election, now not so much.

I'm not sure how you're ascribing those things to liberalism. The foreign policy action he took in Syria wasn't liberal or Conservative, it was self-serving because he did the Syria strike to distract from the Russia news. Less than 24 hours after Nunes recused himself from the Russia investigation, Trump hit Syria with missiles. This, after giving Putin a heads up, knowing he would call Assad. So it's not a Hillary policy (Hillary would never have called Putin because she hates Putin and Putin hates her), it's a selfish policy.

Thing is, we know what makes someone a liberal. But when someone says they're "Conservative", what does that exactly mean? It's certainly not conservative in the true sense of the word, otherwise they'd be all about protecting the environment. I don't know anymore what "Conservative" actually means because those who claim to be so constantly shift the parameters of the definition.

So if I have you pegged wrong, I apologize. However, if you are arguing Conservative points, you're doing so absent of facts. Which is the entire problem. Conservatism is a belief structure. One that has many, many glaring faults and flaws.
Liberals are not liberals either, liberals used to be tolerant of others thoughts and ideas and discussion. Liberals didn't curry favor with the rich, liberals were not about status, they were who they were. I don't understand what a liberal or conservative are.

I lean conservative, fiscally and I have concerns about where we are headed. I don't like big business, I like small government, I don't think the state should be involved in whether I smoke or not, whether I accept transgenders, homosexuals or not, what i drink or eat or whether I have health insurance or what kind I have. I should not be required to buy anything to be a citizen in good standing in my home country. How I raise my kids, how I choose to eat. The government has no business labeling anything hate speech. I believe in charity and giving, that is what makes this country great. I don't mind protests, I don't like violence. I don't own a gun, yet I believe there is a right in this country to own one.

The government gives me the rules I live by and if I want I can try to legally change them and you have the same rights. I don't like the two party system and that you are one or the other, we are all different.

I don't think business is any more evil than government and government is just as greedy as any business because the government uses money as power. I don't believe the Democratic Party or the Republican Party are looking out for the average American, the rich write the laws for the rich.

You don't discriminate against blacks, gays, Christian or Muslim, we are all equal and we all have the same rights.

So I am not sure if I am conservative or not.

I say end all corporate welfare, that includes Amtrak, NPR and PBS, just shut down Walmarts, I'd have no problem with shutting them down. I shop mom and pops, I shop local, I wish Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Target and Costcos would all go away. I would have no issues.

As far as the $15, I'm all for it however, it will speed up automation and eliminate jobs. The trucking industry is looking at eliminating 4 million jobs in three to five years, with truck automation. McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King and other fast food restaurants are looking at eliminating millions of jobs through automation. Self checkouts are popping up at larger retail chains and grocery stores. How many jobs are you willing to eliminate to get wages up to $15 an hour? Amazon has an almost fully automated 120,000 square foot warehouse where less than 20 people would work.

Every action has consequences, good or bad.
Let's end the drug war.

Liberals are not liberals either, liberals used to be tolerant of others thoughts and ideas and discussion. Liberals didn't curry favor with the rich, liberals were not about status, they were who they were. I don't understand what a liberal or conservative are.

I lean conservative, fiscally and I have concerns about where we are headed. I don't like big business, I like small government, I don't think the state should be involved in whether I smoke or not, whether I accept transgenders, homosexuals or not, what i drink or eat or whether I have health insurance or what kind I have. I should not be required to buy anything to be a citizen in good standing in my home country. How I raise my kids, how I choose to eat. The government has no business labeling anything hate speech. I believe in charity and giving, that is what makes this country great. I don't mind protests, I don't like violence. I don't own a gun, yet I believe there is a right in this country to own one.

The government gives me the rules I live by and if I want I can try to legally change them and you have the same rights. I don't like the two party system and that you are one or the other, we are all different.

I don't think business is any more evil than government and government is just as greedy as any business because the government uses money as power. I don't believe the Democratic Party or the Republican Party are looking out for the average American, the rich write the laws for the rich.

You don't discriminate against blacks, gays, Christian or Muslim, we are all equal and we all have the same rights.

With Conservatives, we all have the RIGHT, to pursue each one's happiness, through the gifts from God, but there are some, who abuse their RIGHTS, by not participating, then demanding that the government takes care of them. Those liberals are the reason why the debt is out of control. All they do is abuse the system.
Moonbattery: Psychiatrist Confirms: Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder
Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded. Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.
I have seen quadriplegics working amongst other citizens, providing for their families and themselves, and then I see liberals with 2 good arms and 2 good legs, out panhandling because not only do they get welfare, but thousands of additional dollars that they don't pay taxes on. I particularly do not contribute to these people, but tell them that Obama has 40 million dollars, go see him for the dollars.

With Conservatives, we all have the RIGHT, to pursue each one's happiness, through the gifts from God, but there are some, who abuse their RIGHTS, by not participating, then demanding that the government takes care of them. Those liberals are the reason why the debt is out of control. All they do is abuse the system.
Moonbattery: Psychiatrist Confirms: Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder
Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded. Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.
I have seen quadriplegics working amongst other citizens, providing for their families and themselves, and then I see liberals with 2 good arms and 2 good legs, out panhandling because not only do they get welfare, but thousands of additional dollars that they don't pay taxes on. I particularly do not contribute to these people, but tell them that Obama has 40 million dollars, go see him for the dollars.

dear, the poor and Mr. Trump only pay the taxes we are legally obligated to pay. Don't complain, be Patriotic.

Forum List

Back