Republicans..The real allies of African Americans

Wow! The next thing we know, you'll link to a video of a Chassid who supports a Republican!

:eusa_hand:Umm.. bit off topic but Orthodox Jews support Republicans 75% get your head on straight

You are correct.
However, they didn't support Romney.
I know...I'm one of those frummies on Long Island.
We voted Republican for Municipal candidates, split on the State level and told Romney to go to hell.

And if you're frum, you really should be aware of recent US history and realize that neither party has anybody best interests in mind except for their own careers.

Most current Republicans are not real conservatives, but the Republican Party throughout history has been more of an ally to African Americans than the Democrat party ever was. Which is the point of the thread. Has far as the point of your post? My Chabad shul was probably 97% for Romney but that's off topic

:eusa_hand:Umm.. bit off topic but Orthodox Jews support Republicans 75% get your head on straight

You are correct.
We voted Republican for Municipal candidates, split on the State level and told Romney to go to hell.

And if you're frum, you really should be aware of recent US history and realize that neither party has anybody best interests in mind except for their own careers.

Most current Republicans are not real conservatives, but the Republican Party throughout history has been more of an ally to African Americans than the Democrat party ever was. Which is the point of the thread. Has far as the point of your post? My Chabad shul was probably 97% for Romney but that's off topic

Your Chabad must be in a VERY wealthy area.
Now, back to recent history (let's say starting at 1980) to supply concrete examples of how Republicans have been allies of African Americans.

Statistics show that the African-American community is in bad shape under the Obama Administration. The Labor Department reports that the black unemployment rate was at 12.7 percent when Pres. Obama initially took office. As the employment rate for the nation dropped below 8 percent, black unemployment increased to 12.9 percent and then to 14 percent for December.

In a recent interview on MSNBC’s “Meet the Press,” NAACP CEO and president, Ben Jealous, told the show’s host that black Americans “are doing far worse” than when President Obama first took office. “The country’s back to pretty much where it was when this president started,” Jealous told show host David Gregory. “White people in this country are doing a bit better. Black people are doing far worse.”

The most staggering statistic is reported in September 2011, when black unemployment reached 16.7 percent — making it the highest unemployment rate for African-Americans since 1983. The black teens jobless rate was even more staggering at 39.3 percent

Ben Jealous: Black Americans ?Are Doing Far Worse? Under Obama Admin. | Your Black World

Are you going to embarrass world Jewry with your out of context links?

Let's take this from a different slant...Which president resided over African American success?

And the Reagan record? African-American columnist Joseph Perkins has studied the effects of Reaganomics on black America. He found that, after the Reagan tax cuts gained traction, African-American unemployment fell from 19.5 percent in 1983 to 11.4 percent in 1989. Black-owned businesses saw income rise from $12.4 billion in 1982 to $18.1 billion in 1987 — an annual average growth rate of 7.9 percent. The black middle class expanded by one-third during the Reagan years, from 3.6 million to 4.8 million.

Ronald Reagan a Better Friend to Black Americans

You are correct.

Your Chabad must be in a VERY wealthy area.
Now, back to recent history (let's say starting at 1980) to supply concrete examples of how Republicans have been allies of African Americans.

You're stupid stereotypes prove your mind is numb to reality. Liberal Jews tend to be more wealthy Chabad not so much. Stay on topic and read though the thread theres plenty of info here for people like yourself

Let's take this from a different slant...Which president resided over African American success?

And the Reagan record? African-American columnist Joseph Perkins has studied the effects of Reaganomics on black America. He found that, after the Reagan tax cuts gained traction, African-American unemployment fell from 19.5 percent in 1983 to 11.4 percent in 1989. Black-owned businesses saw income rise from $12.4 billion in 1982 to $18.1 billion in 1987 — an annual average growth rate of 7.9 percent. The black middle class expanded by one-third during the Reagan years, from 3.6 million to 4.8 million.

Excellent! Much better to take a positive track that reflects the thread's title.
Now...Senior Bush and GW...
There MUST be something from these two who led us into massive recessions.

Last edited:

Excellent! Much better to take a positive track that reflects the thread's title.
"Massive recessions" big government, crony capitalism lead to recession. Cut in government is a good thing. Both Bushes actually failed in that, although Obama? is pretty much a joke. The wealthy investor class are the only people doing well under Obama Blacks not so much

"Massive recessions" big government, crony capitalism lead to recession. Cut in government is a good thing. Both Bushes actually failed in that, although Obama? is pretty much a joke. The wealthy investor class are the only people doing well under Obama Blacks not so much

Now that we agree that both parties are in it for themselves...
Can we have concrete examples of how Senior and GW we allies of African Americans.
I posit that in the political climate since Reagan, neither party has gone out of their way to lift African Americans.
AA may have done well under Reagan, but that was incidental.

I'd like to know what the Bushes and their Administrations did vis-à-vis the thread's title.

Still searching? :lol:

Nope.. i was on another thread actually. Your premise is that the government should do something? I agree with Frederick Douglass

In regard to the colored people, there is always more that is benevolent, I perceive, than just, manifested towards us. What I ask for the negro is not benevolence, not pity, not sympathy, but simply justice. The American people have always been anxious to know what they shall do with us…. I have had but one answer from the beginning. Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us. Do nothing with us! If the apples will not remain on the tree of their own strength, if they are worm-eaten at the core, if they are early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! … And if the negro cannot stand on his own legs, let him fall also. All I ask is, give him a chance to stand on his own legs! Let him alone! … Your interference is doing him positive injury.

Last edited:

Nope.. i was on another thread actually. Your premise is that the government should do something? I agree with Frederick Douglass

In regard to the colored people, there is always more that is benevolent, I perceive, than just, manifested towards us. What I ask for the negro is not benevolence, not pity, not sympathy, but simply justice. The American people have always been anxious to know what they shall do with us…. I have had but one answer from the beginning. Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us. Do nothing with us! If the apples will not remain on the tree of their own strength, if they are worm-eaten at the core, if they are early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! … And if the negro cannot stand on his own legs, let him fall also. All I ask is, give him a chance to stand on his own legs! Let him alone! … Your interference is doing him positive injury.

Then change the title of the thread as the word Ally infers action.
The only things Republicans do is allow everybody to do whatever they want, regardless of the effect.
Republicans are a business owners wet dream.

The only things Republicans do is allow everybody to do whatever they want, regardless of the effect.

The thread is in the history room for a reason. the Republican party Historically has fought for the liberty of African Americans. the Democrat party still promotes Slavery. Slavery to the state. Their leftist policies have disrupted the natural order of things, created dependency, destroyed the black family structure and poor whites for that matter.

The thread is in the history room for a reason. the Republican party Historically has fought for the liberty of African Americans. the Democrat party still promotes Slavery. Slavery to the state. Their leftist policies have disrupted the natural order of things, created dependency, destroyed the black family structure and poor whites for that matter.

Slavery...Just as I would say to a Liberal, "Get with it! It's 2014."

My opinion on thread titles...
The Republicans/Conservatives on this board CONSTANTLY make their thread titles ambiguous or just plain stupid/misleading.
Most of the time I don't agree with the far Lefties here but I really wish there was enforcement of thread titles having SOMETHING to do with the OP.

Which initiatives have Republicans proposed to free blacks from this slavery?

Trickle down?

The Republicans/Conservatives on this board CONSTANTLY make their thread titles ambiguous or just plain stupid/misleading.
Most of the time I don't agree with the far Lefties here but I really wish there was enforcement of thread titles having SOMETHING to do with the OP.

That is the point of the mainstream GOP and its leadership: the misguiding and often dishonest posturing of the neo-cons (like Jroc) and social cons have to end if we do not want to be the party of stupid.

Jroc will not be able to give you much GOP alliance for blacks since the Nixon era. We were glorious in the 1950s and when we allied with the Dems in 64 and 65.

Not so much then, and the black voter knows that.

We have to change that perception by changing our behavior.

Trickle down?

School choice

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzUcAw1V9Dg&list=PLg-_t-RvdTsR3l_OezPtM7lEC11eZToIG"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzUcAw1V9Dg&list=PLg-_t-RvdTsR3l_OezPtM7lEC11eZToIG[/ame]

Last edited:

That is the point of the mainstream GOP and its leadership: the misguiding and often dishonest posturing of the neo-cons (like Jroc) and social cons have to end if we do not want to be the party of stupid.

Jroc will not be able to give you much GOP alliance for blacks since the Nixon era. We were glorious in the 1950s and when we allied with the Dems in 64 and 65.

Allegiance with the Democrats to rob of our liberties is exactly the opposite of what should be done fake

Allegiance with the Democrats to rob of our liberties is exactly the opposite of what should be done fake

False Flag by you, son. Do you see the mainstream GOP leadership and member making allegiance with the Dems.

Nope.

You are going to have to straighten up or ride your own trail.

Trickle down?

School choice

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzUcAw1V9Dg&list=PLg-_t-RvdTsR3l_OezPtM7lEC11eZToIG]Milton Friedman ~ The Enemies Of School Choice - YouTube[/ame]

School choice for whom?

White parents who don't want their children attending black schools?

When both Republicans and Democratic parties began, they held opposite positions to how they define themselves now. Over time they both went 180 degrees from what they were about when they began. I think probably because originally there were more than two parties, and as the smaller ones ceased to exist their members joined the bigger two which remain to this day. So some ideological change was unavoidable.

Trickle down?

School choice

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzUcAw1V9Dg&list=PLg-_t-RvdTsR3l_OezPtM7lEC11eZToIG]Milton Friedman ~ The Enemies Of School Choice - YouTube[/ame]

School choice for whom?

White parents who don't want their children attending black schools?

White, Asian, Latino and decent Black Parents who don't want their children exposed to the violence, drugs , racism and academic failure that are rampant in predominantly Black Schools

Forum List

Back