Republicans maneuver to oust controversial leader

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Some senior party officials are maneuvering to put pressure on Michael Steele, the controversial party chairman, not to seek re-election when his term ends in January or, failing that, to encourage a challenger to step forward to take him on.

NYT: Republicans maneuver to oust leader - Politics - The New York Times - msnbc.com

So....maybe using contributions from "the people" to pay for lesbian sexual act shows was NOT a good idea? I think these "senior party officials" simply do not understand Steele's "street wise" approach....

So does anybody actually like Steele besides his mom? Aren't there smart people around who could have done his job?

They need Steele to counteract the rather accurate perception that the GOP is the party of stale male and pale.

Thought Steele did just an adequate job, so it wouldn't bother me if they elect someone else next go-round. I liked Racicot and Mehlman recently and Haley Barbour was tops in my book.

It'd be nice to be the chairman who helped make Barry a one termer and drove a truck through those 23 Dim Senate seats up for grabs in '12.

They need Steele to counteract the rather accurate perception that the GOP is the party of stale male and pale.

I agree, if by "accurate perception" you mean "leftist horseshit meme".

no.. I mean the fact that puppeteers behind the GOP have always been rich white males... it's funny to watch you guys dance and you don't even really know who's pulling the strings!

man... you must have some funky "working hours" in that there Air Farce you claim to "work" for, ROADie! :lol:

no.. I mean the fact that puppeteers behind the GOP have always been rich white males... it's funny to watch you guys dance and you don't even really know who's pulling the strings!
Speaking of leftist horseshit...
man... you must have some funky "working hours" in that there Air Farce you claim to "work" for, ROADie! :lol:
How did it feel when you were passed over for O-6?

I never was. I retired before I ever came in the zone.

I'm curious... what paygrade did you reach?

Wingnuts are tying themselves in knots trying to not give credit to the black man who led the GOP through a successful campaign season

Knew you didn't have a shot, huh?

E-6. I competed for promotion twice, just like you.

If Palin replaced Steele, the beating Dems are in for in 2012 would make Mondale's 84 loss look too close to call

knew I wanted to go get my MBA and live on solid ground for a change... while I was still young enough to pursue another career...which I did. two retirement checks are better than one.

Oh... and thank you for your service.

knew I wanted to go get my MBA and live on solid ground for a change... while I was still young enough to pursue another career...which I did. two retirement checks are better than one.

Oh... and thank you for your service.
And thank you for yours. Happy Veterans Day.

Forum List

Back