Interior inspector general: White House skewed drilling-ban report

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
First off- to the the Chief defenders of the faith and flame of Obama, this is Politicos headline, not mine, so tee off on them. Thx.

second; as to the substance; this was mentioned shortly after the moratorium was talk stated and the first report came out, containing the opinions of the experts the WH asked to contribute.
Aapparently what the experts said didn't jibe with what the WH wanted to see and hear,so they had it, 'edited', rearranged etc. which also led to a federal judge casting doubt on the reports veracity ansd accuracy, and that the experts themselves were not on board with the drawn conclusions ( ADVISERS CITED BY SALAZAR SAY DRILLING BAN IS BAD IdEA - NOLA.com)

So, after the requisite look see by the Inspector Gen., it appears yes, they cooked the report;

By DAN BERMAN | 11/9/10 8:39 PM EST Updated: 11/10/10 7:50 AM EST

The White House rewrote crucial sections of an Interior Department report to suggest an independent group of scientists and engineers supported a six-month ban on offshore oil drilling, the Interior inspector general says in a new report.

In the wee hours of the morning of May 27, a staff member to White House energy adviser Carol Browner sent two edited versions of the department report’s executive summary back to Interior. The language had been changed to insinuate the seven-member panel of outside experts – who reviewed a draft of various safety recommendations – endorsed the moratorium, according to the IG report obtained by POLITICO.

Read more: Interior inspector general: White House skewed drilling-ban report - Dan Berman - POLITICO.com

(I urge you as always to read the tire article as the WH defends itself etc. and politico captures their commentary as well for balance.)

so look, heres the thing; Obama's hasty decision to fire inspector general Walpin, of ameri-corps.......remember him?He was trying to lookinto the 850K that an agency ran by Kevin Johnson was allegedly misusing?

Then last week, as it appeared months ago, in direct contrast to the DOJ's testimony it was discovered that yes indeed political appointees were giving orders to career employees at the DOJ ala the Black Panther issue.

The Moratorium report being fiddled...

Issa who has gone on record saying he will mount investigation(s) etc. well, surely these 3 issues I just mentioned, seem to me investigation worthy.

It appears, appears being the operative word here, that the WH, DOJ etc. think they can, and apparently have played games flirting with if not committing outright perjury, altering testimony and professionally offered advice they use as a foundation to enact bans, adjudicate caes etc. skewing it as they wish, giving the people not whats real or accurate but doctored or in fact fraudulent.......they brought it on themselves.

Forum List

Back