Republicans, it's time to panic

The following editorial was written by Michael Gerson who was a top aide and the director of speech writing for President George W. Bush.

The editorial can be found at the link below. What's written below the link are my own sentiments.

Opinion | Republicans, it’s time to panic

Just shy of 9 months into the Trump presidency with, presumably, another 1,116 days to go before the opportunity arrives to vote for someone else (almost anyone else, really) to return a semblance of sanity to the WH, it really does seems like an interminable amount of time to wait even as our nation feels like it's being held hostage because we're all forced to endure Trump's vanity, his narcissistic behavior, his constant and continuous prevarication, his woeful ignorance on any and all public policy issues, and his constant childish tantrums and twitter tirades. But you know what? I could live with that by simply tuning it all out if it wasn't for one thing. It's this: Trump is playing with fire. Specifically, he's playing with the fire and fury of nuclear weapons and an increasingly possible nuclear confrontation with another nuclear power with a country run by a man with little previous experience in gov't who entertains his whims with no one to restrain him. Sound familiar? Keep in mind that even before the election, Trump was quoted as asking why we couldn't use nuclear weapons. Apparently, he asked the question more than once when he was being briefed.

When I was a younger man, I used to take a great deal of pleasure when I was proven right about something. Well, months before last years election, I told people that I thought that there was something seriously wrong with Trump. As early evidence, I cited that long-running feud with Rosie O'Donnell that played out in the press and on the air waves. Even at the time, it seemed strange with a capital S. Well, here we are more than a year after I first told people what I thought, and the nation is getting a weekly (and sometimes a daily) dose of Trump's emotional instability, and even high ranking Republicans are so worried that they're starting to say publically what up until now they had only whispered in private. No one should underestimate the seriousness of their concerns if they're willing to do that particularly when, up until this very moment in time, the normal thing to do for any elected or appointed official within either political party was to protect the president. So, when they themselves start sounding the alarm bells, this is anything but politics as usual.

And now? I'm absolutely not taking any pleasure whatsoever in being right! That, I can tell you. Believe me!

I fell asleep.

Was the ending any good?

Trump won with fewer votes than his opponent, and then goes and takes health insurance away from millions and tells Iran it's okay to build a bomb.
Obama gave billions to delay building nuke bombs for 10 years......then build away....it's another president's problem.

The money was always Iran's. We were wrong to even have it in the first place. The right's constant threats against Iran are the root cause of Iran's nuke program.

HAHAHA! That's fuckin hilarious! You should take your act on the road. Seriously. Just load up your mint green Moped with all your worldlies and take off. Don't let anyone tell you you can't drive to China from here.

The following editorial was written by Michael Gerson who was a top aide and the director of speech writing for President George W. Bush.

The editorial can be found at the link below. What's written below the link are my own sentiments.

Opinion | Republicans, it’s time to panic

Just shy of 9 months into the Trump presidency with, presumably, another 1,116 days to go before the opportunity arrives to vote for someone else (almost anyone else, really) to return a semblance of sanity to the WH, it really does seems like an interminable amount of time to wait even as our nation feels like it's being held hostage because we're all forced to endure Trump's vanity, his narcissistic behavior, his constant and continuous prevarication, his woeful ignorance on any and all public policy issues, and his constant childish tantrums and twitter tirades. But you know what? I could live with that by simply tuning it all out if it wasn't for one thing. It's this: Trump is playing with fire. Specifically, he's playing with the fire and fury of nuclear weapons and an increasingly possible nuclear confrontation with another nuclear power with a country run by a man with little previous experience in gov't who entertains his whims with no one to restrain him. Sound familiar? Keep in mind that even before the election, Trump was quoted as asking why we couldn't use nuclear weapons. Apparently, he asked the question more than once when he was being briefed.

When I was a younger man, I used to take a great deal of pleasure when I was proven right about something. Well, months before last years election, I told people that I thought that there was something seriously wrong with Trump. As early evidence, I cited that long-running feud with Rosie O'Donnell that played out in the press and on the air waves. Even at the time, it seemed strange with a capital S. Well, here we are more than a year after I first told people what I thought, and the nation is getting a weekly (and sometimes a daily) dose of Trump's emotional instability, and even high ranking Republicans are so worried that they're starting to say publically what up until now they had only whispered in private. No one should underestimate the seriousness of their concerns if they're willing to do that particularly when, up until this very moment in time, the normal thing to do for any elected or appointed official within either political party was to protect the president. So, when they themselves start sounding the alarm bells, this is anything but politics as usual.

And now? I'm absolutely not taking any pleasure whatsoever in being right! That, I can tell you. Believe me!

I fell asleep.

Was the ending any good?

Nope.
Same as the beginning.
And the middle.
And yesterday.
And last week...

GOP has won over 1000 elected legislative seats since 2009.

I'm not sure they should panic....other than the Swamp creatures.

GOP has won over 1000 elected legislative seats since 2009.

I'm not sure they should panic....other than the Swamp creatures.
The GOP lost seats in the senate and the house last year. The Dems have won six or seven straight lege special elections, even the ones the GOP were supposed to win. The GOP have won four special House elections that they were supposed to with with 75 to 90% decrease in the margin of victory last year.

Yeah, you can see all the winning on all the democrat faces.

Especially all the winners busting in store windows and lighting fires in celebration of all their win win winning.

Let me get this straight. Democrats lost almost every meaningful election in the last six years including the presidency, both houses of congress, most governors and more than 3,000 state and local elections but an out of work former speech writer for George Bush thinks that "it's time for republicans to panic"? Surely you jest.

Let's get whitehall looking at now: "The GOP lost seats in the senate and the house last year. The Dems have won six or seven straight lege special elections, even the ones the GOP were supposed to win. The GOP have won four special House elections that they were supposed to with with 75 to 90% decrease in the margin of victory last year." Don't live in the past.

GOP should panic.

They're running out of openings to take from the Dems.

40% of their congressional delegates are from 3 states...
Cali, NY and Mass.

GOP has seized control of everything else. Now, the GOP
needs to do a bit of house cleaning in the 2018 primaries,
but after that is finished the GOP majority is going to grow
in the Senate, while maintaining control of the house.

Libs need to keep taking a knee, offering words of support for
good 'ol Harvey. Have Hillary out their talking non-stop and follow
Zero's instructions.
Blah and Blah :)

The GOP and Trump have shown they cannot govern.

Only because the dems obstruct.

If they play that card...they will win the 2018 elections

GOP should panic.

Cali, NY and Mass.

Zero's instructions.

GOP should panic.

Cali, NY and Mass.

Zero's instructions.

GOP should panic.

Cali, NY and Mass.

Zero's instructions.
Let's be honest here. We have decimated the left BUT we have done absolutely nothing with that power. If we continue on this path we will lose control. If we don't pass major tax reform & start the wall the GOP can fuck off for all I care. This is their last chance to prove they're not inept

GOP should panic.

Cali, NY and Mass.

Zero's instructions.
Let's be honest here. We have decimated the left BUT we have done absolutely nothing with that power. If we continue on this path we will lose control. If we don't pass major tax reform & start the wall the GOP can fuck off for all I care. This is their last chance.

GOP should panic.

Cali, NY and Mass.

Zero's instructions.
Let's be honest here. We have decimated the left BUT we have done absolutely nothing with that power. If we continue on this path we will lose control. If we don't pass major tax reform & start the wall the GOP can fuck off for all I care. This is their last chance.

GOP should panic.

Cali, NY and Mass.

Zero's instructions.

Trump won with fewer votes than his opponent, and then goes and takes health insurance away from millions and tells Iran it's okay to build a bomb.

We get it, Left Wingers are insane with hate.
Trump won with more votes in 31 states.
Obama gave the Iranian Terrorist $150 billion to build nukes, not trump.

We get it, Left Wingers are insane with hate.
Trump won with more votes in 31 states.
Obama gave the Iranian Terrorist $150 billion to build nukes, not trump.

GOP should panic.

Cali, NY and Mass.

Zero's instructions.

Politely, may I remind you that the GOP have the WH and the Congress.

IOW, the GOP has a majority to govern.

They still fail, and that will bite them next year.

Trog, that was then and this is now.

The GOP and the WH and the Congress have the majority and can't govern.

This does not bode well for the GOP next year.

Forum List

Back