Republicans don't want to cut the Defense budget

Ron Paul wanted to cut it.

Republicans don't like Ron Paul, he was like the only popular republican who wanted to cut a lot and end foriegn aid

Paul is a libertarian, his stances on wanting to slash military spending as well as all the handouts to the rich are the main reasons why the GOP machine can't stand him.

Actually it's more Fundamental. Most Republicans believe the Best Defense is a Strong Offense, they believe we have gone down the Isolationist, just mind our own Business road before, and it led to Major Conflicts. They believe the only reason we have not had another Major world war is because the US and her allies have been more Proactive and less Reactive since WWII.

Libertarians are very Naive on this issue, they believe in an Idealist view that if we just mind our own Business everything will be ok. They are completely ignorant of the Inter connect, Interdependent global Economy we live in today.

Taxes under republican plan I meant

America already has the MOST PROGRESSIVE tax system in the western world...and we have nearly half the country not paying any federal income tax. Just how much more lopsided do you suppose it should be?

In Pub propaganda- In fact, the richest pay no more %wise in all taxes and fees than the poorest, and the effective corporate rate is 12%. Pub dupes!!

Ace:clap2::eusa_clap:

Republicans don't like Ron Paul, he was like the only popular republican who wanted to cut a lot and end foriegn aid

Paul is a libertarian, his stances on wanting to slash military spending as well as all the handouts to the rich are the main reasons why the GOP machine can't stand him.

Actually it's more Fundamental. Most Republicans believe the Best Defense is a Strong Offense, they believe we have gone down the Isolationist, just mind our own Business road before, and it led to Major Conflicts. They believe the only reason we have not had another Major world war is because the US and her allies have been more Proactive and less Reactive since WWII.

Libertarians are very Naive on this issue, they believe in an Idealist view that if we just mind our own Business everything will be ok. They are completely ignorant of the Inter connect, Interdependent global Economy we live in today.

No it's not that way, what major conflicts do you still expect to happen? The world doesn't want to go back to anther World War, also being aggresive is not the answer Iraq was a miserable failure by Cheney and Bush and resulted in Iraq having a Shia goverment allied with Iran wtf

I'm waiting on republicans opinion on the defense budget? Are there republicans or right wingers on this forum?

I am a registered republican simply to vote for Ron Paul and other small government liberty minded republicans and I believe the defense budget needs slashed at least in half if not more,all bases overseas closed,all troops brought home.

This is a very foolish opinion with limited understanding of the functions and purposes of our overseas facilities and interests.

We should probably scale back the size of our defense budget, but closing all of our overseas "bases" is a ridiculously ignorant idea.

The GOP thinks non-stop warmongering from the chickenhawks to bankroll the snot out of their weapons contractor cronies at the expensive of the taxpayer, american lives, and sending the economy into the shitter is the answer to everything.

Libertarians as well as the democrats stand behind the constitution to defend the nation. It's not our job to start wars overseas and police the world.

This is another perfect example of how the libertarians and democrats support the constitution, where they GOP thugs could care less.

Last edited:
I believe any senator or congressman serving on an armed services related committee should be required to divest themselves from all defense related investments, or resign.

Pub isolationist/a-holes ruined the League of Nations, started the Great Depression that led to the rise of Hitler and Japanese militarists, left our allies in the lurch. Since WWII they've changed to go after the money of the military industrial complex. ALWAYS a disgrace....

I believe any senator or congressman serving on an armed services related committee should be required to divest themselves from all defense related investments, or resign.

Warmongering on behalf of their corporate interests and support of them needs to end I agree but I don't see it happening

I didn't see that coming:D, but anyways republicans are angry about the defense cut of 500 billion if I am correct but are find with cutting budget of middle class and poor, McCain went on CNN with another lady crying about it, we all know the real reason is to keep their defense contractors rich, what's your things should we cut the defense budget or not? Keep in my mind this is my first thread so correct me if something is wrong or if this thread already exists...

Republicans don't want to cut shit except help for the weak.

Ron Paul wanted to cut it.

No. He is just a REAL republican not these disgusting neo con scum that have hijacked the republican party. Handouts to the rich? Wtf are you talking about? The republitards don't like him bc he doesn't want to go to war with every country in the middle east and he wants to allow people to take control of their own lives. I voted for him in 2008 and I did so again this year. I will vote for him if he stays in the race as an independent or 3rd party candidate as well.

I'm waiting on republicans opinion on the defense budget? Are there republicans or right wingers on this forum?

I am a registered republican simply to vote for Ron Paul and other small government liberty minded republicans and I believe the defense budget needs slashed at least in half if not more,all bases overseas closed,all troops brought home.

And keep foriegn aid or end it?...

End it all.

No. He is just a REAL republican not these disgusting neo con scum that have hijacked the republican party. Handouts to the rich? Wtf are you talking about? The republitards don't like him bc he doesn't want to go to war with every country in the middle east and he wants to allow people to take control of their own lives. I voted for him in 2008 and I did so again this year. I will vote for him if he stays in the race as an independent or 3rd party candidate as well.

Why I agree today's GOP are nothing but a radical right wing huge government, huge spending, constitution hating mockery, Paul is not a republican.

He has stated numerous times he's a libertarian and even ran as a libertarian for president his first time around.

Too many neo con republicans these days who make idiotic statements about foriegn policy other then Ron Paul, it sickens me watching a republican debate about how they wanna bomb Iran, and when Rick perry said he wants to end foriegn aid to turkey(they do not receive any) and also said he wants them out of NATO when they are a huge NATO country that helped America

The rich get their handouts by externalizing their costs.

No it's not that way, what major conflicts do you still expect to happen? The world doesn't want to go back to anther World War, also being aggresive is not the answer Iraq was a miserable failure by Cheney and Bush and resulted in Iraq having a Shia goverment allied with Iran wtf

Because we made a mistake in Iraq you think it means we should close all our bases and just bring everyone home? Sorry, But the mere presence of those basis have helped keep the peace and Stability around the world.

Because we made a mistake in Iraq you think it means we should close all our bases and just bring everyone home? Sorry, But the mere presence of those basis have helped keep the peace and Stability around the world.

I haven't said we should close all bases around the world, but honestly the middle eastern bases need to go, they are there to prepare attacks on other middle eastern countries and light up fire there, we don't need that to happen, and all the children killed in Iraq war plus the after affects of the siege, Keeping out of the middle east needs to happen

Libertarians are not naive the US likes to instigate problems and cause wars with other countries with their policies,tariffs,economic blackmail,sanctions and making allies out of enemies. The US causes problems and then in 10,20,or even 50 years whines and cries like a baby when the hens come home to roost. The US needs to stay the hell out of everyone else's problems and let them handle it them selves. If that means war between 2 other countries then so be it. It is not the US's job to dictate how things go in the world and its past time for a good ass whipping for the US.

Omg lol the last thing those base's did was create peace and stability it angered many people

This is a very foolish opinion with limited understanding of the functions and purposes of our overseas facilities and interests.

We should probably scale back the size of our defense budget, but closing all of our overseas "bases" is a ridiculously ignorant idea.

Why? I see absolutely no reason to have overseas bases. Now maybe places we can dock ships if need be but not actual military bases,by not having a force to attack a nation it would actually make the US use diplomacy instead of threats of war to deal with countries.

Forum List

Back