Republicans are better educated then Democrats

If both sides of the political aisle are controlled, then I would argue both sides are equally ridiculous. Which party is responsible for the continuing demise of our country? Answer: BOTH.

Having said that, Ron Paul is a great solution, I feel. Too bad he now runs under that Republican brand.

Number of Dems receiveing Welfare: 10.4%
Number of Repubs receiving Welfare: 5.1%
Number of Dems receiving Food Stamps, General Aid, and SSI: 23% vs. 10%
Number of Dems receiving Medicaid: 8.2% vs 3.3% Repubs

Source: Democrats and Republicans--rhetoric and reality. By Joseph Fried

But the total number of Dems far out ways the total number of Repubs. So this should also be noted:
290px-U.S._party_affiliation.svg.png

Some of that makes perfect sense, but the number of Rs vs. Ds and independents is impossible to believe and makes the whole thing suspect IMO

No, I want a legitimate link that backs up your stance that Republicans mainly have degrees from Religious colleges. Don't tell me that, because a college happens to be in a particular state, that that somehow confirms your point. It does not. I take it you are aware that Americans can choose to study at any college they choose, assuming that college accepts them. So back it up little boy. I'll give you a clue. You will not be able to back it up from any legitimate source.... because it is bullshit.

I have no interest in your bullshit about the GOP. I ignore it, as I do with 94% of your bullshit. Don't try and deflect from your original bullshit by adding yet more shit into it.

For all the links right wingers give, they might as well be reading "tea leaves".

Do you have to "prove the obvious"? We know that only a measly 6% of scientists are Republican. Republicans on this very board refer to education as "just a piece of paper". Bible colleges are mostly in Red states and I would be surprised if any were higher than "tier four". Legitimate Universities are mostly in Blue states.

All you have to look at is what they "teach". Is the Bible really taught, or is it just "memorization"?

Conservative Christian Colleges | eHow.com

I love the way Right wingers insist legitimate universities have been "taken over" by the left. As if teaching "Noah's Ark" would "change things". Hilarious.
What's your degree in, Dean?

I'm still snickering at the fact that he linked to e-How to back up his argument. I expect he has no idea how fucking funny that is. :lol::lol: I find it funny because absolutely no one with any academic background whatsoever would link to e-How. So, from this, we can surmise that rdean does not have an academic background.

In fact, it is a 'blacklisted' site for most academic writers.

For all the links right wingers give, they might as well be reading "tea leaves".

Do you have to "prove the obvious"? We know that only a measly 6% of scientists are Republican. Republicans on this very board refer to education as "just a piece of paper". Bible colleges are mostly in Red states and I would be surprised if any were higher than "tier four". Legitimate Universities are mostly in Blue states.

All you have to look at is what they "teach". Is the Bible really taught, or is it just "memorization"?

I love the way Right wingers insist legitimate universities have been "taken over" by the left. As if teaching "Noah's Ark" would "change things". Hilarious.

I'm still snickering at the fact that he linked to e-How to back up his argument. I expect he has no idea how fucking funny that is. :lol::lol: I find it funny because absolutely no one with any academic background whatsoever would link to e-How. So, from this, we can surmise that rdean does not have an academic background.

In fact, it is a 'blacklisted' site for most academic writers.
Dean is very careful to never expose himself to anything that contradicts his narrow, fragile worldview.

But the total number of Dems far out ways the total number of Repubs. So this should also be noted:

So, numbers that are completely made up. Got it.

Yep Republicans like BA's and such but few are scientists.

What a steaming pile.

With Obama's fascist care looming, I can't imagine too many doctors and dentists being democrats...

What you mean is that few global warming grant collectors are Republicans..

I'm betting that most working scientists, doctors, dentists, engineers, et al, are Republicans.

40% of medical students self-ID as liberal or very liberal, versus 26% who do so as conservative or very conservative.

SpringerLink - Journal of General Internal Medicine, Volume 22, Number 4

No, I want a legitimate link that backs up your stance that Republicans mainly have degrees from Religious colleges. Don't tell me that, because a college happens to be in a particular state, that that somehow confirms your point. It does not. I take it you are aware that Americans can choose to study at any college they choose, assuming that college accepts them. So back it up little boy. I'll give you a clue. You will not be able to back it up from any legitimate source.... because it is bullshit.

I have no interest in your bullshit about the GOP. I ignore it, as I do with 94% of your bullshit. Don't try and deflect from your original bullshit by adding yet more shit into it.

Engineering.

Yep Republicans like BA's and such but few are scientists.

What a steaming pile.

With Obama's fascist care looming, I can't imagine too many doctors and dentists being democrats...

What you mean is that few global warming grant collectors are Republicans..

I'm betting that most working scientists, doctors, dentists, engineers, et al, are Republicans.

Hilarious. Why would you think that considering what the right thinks about education?

528-12.gif

Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

It is just a piece of paper.

I know high school dropouts that are more intelligent and educated than some people I know who possess a bachelors degree.

So, officially that piece of paper means something but in reality it means nothing. It means you went through the motions..

Of course you do. Most right wingers say the same thing. It's why they have no respect for education.

Funny, when I tried to look at the article the picture was attached to, it said the picture was "uploaded". Did you draw that and upload it?

Yeah, I believe that Republicans might have an edge on the percentage of those holding college degrees.

What are the numbers on the INDEPENDENTS?

Yea, maybe Bible college, but nothing worth anything.

Funny, when I tried to look at the article the picture was attached to, it said the picture was "uploaded". Did you draw that and upload it?

Uh, he linked to the chart on the Wikipedia page...

because people with money can educate their kids.

So why are you supprized so many wealthy can afford a higher education?

we weren't wealthy when i was growing up. My brother and i both went to college and i went to law school.

The 'tard o/p still hasn't given a link to his lies, though. :thup:

on one hand the rightwingnuts whine that the dems are the "elite". On the other hand they claim that they're the educated ones?

idiots better make up their minds.

The gop is also largely white and male.

Which is meaningless when you realize that "the base" isn't educated... Is largely male... Is largely white... And is largely over 50.

Well.... Until they decided to screw old people out of medicare.

that is hilarious! Seriously hilarious!

Yes, you do need to 'prove the obvious' - mainly because everything you claim to be 'true' and 'fact' is, on critical examination.... total fucking bullshit.

You're on a par with truthmatters for honesty and intelligence.

College have - for decades - been more liberal biased. I know this. I attended one. Then, I attended another one to do my Masters.

You insist on making your ridiculous claims.... so I'm gonna carry on mocking your blatant anti-intellectualism and whining.

College Faculties A Most Liberal Lot, Study Finds
College faculties, long assumed to be a liberal bastion, lean further to the left than even the most conspiratorial conservatives might have imagined, a new study says.

By their own description, 72 percent of those teaching at American universities and colleges are liberal and 15 percent are conservative, says the study being published this week. The imbalance is almost as striking in partisan terms, with 50 percent of the faculty members surveyed identifying themselves as Democrats and 11 percent as Republicans.

The disparity is even more pronounced at the most elite schools, where, according to the study, 87 percent of faculty are liberal and 13 percent are conservative.

--

In contrast with the finding that nearly three-quarters of college faculty are liberal, a Harris Poll of the general public last year found that 33 percent describe themselves as conservative and 18 percent as liberal.

The liberal label that a majority of the faculty members attached to themselves is reflected on a variety of issues. The professors and instructors surveyed are, strongly or somewhat, in favor of abortion rights (84 percent); believe homosexuality is acceptable (67 percent); and want more environmental protection "even if it raises prices or costs jobs" (88 percent). What's more, the study found, 65 percent want the government to ensure full employment, a stance to the left of the Democratic Party.

Recent campus controversies have reinforced the left-wing faculty image. The University of Colorado is reviewing its tenure system after one professor, Ward Churchill, created an uproar by likening World Trade Center victims to Nazis. Harvard's faculty of arts and sciences voted no confidence in the university's president, Lawrence Summers, after he privately wondered whether women had the same natural ability as men in science and math.​

Academia is out of touch with America.

I absolutely love that article you linked too. Let's review a few of the more juicy tidbits:

"What's most striking is how few conservatives there are in any field" (no surprise there)

Religious services take a back seat for many faculty members, (that's because it's a "college" not a fucking church)

The study appears in the March issue of the Forum, an online political science journal. It was funded by the Randolph Foundation, a right-leaning group that has given grants to such conservative organizations (makes you wonder how honest it is)

Rothman sees the findings as evidence of "possible discrimination" against conservatives in hiring and promotion. Even after factoring in levels of achievement, as measured by published work and organization memberships (belonging to an "organization" is an "achievement"? Seriously? Hilarious!), "the most likely conclusion" is that "being conservative counts against you," he said. "It doesn't surprise me, because I've observed it happening." The study, however, describes this finding as "preliminary." (Preliminary? I've observed it happening? Does this sound remotely scientific?)

"It's hard to see that these liberal views cut very deeply into the education of students. In fact, a number of studies show the core values that students bring into the university are not very much altered by being in college." (This is the most hilarious so far. They're saying the students were liberal when they started college. That means more liberals go to college. Funnier and funnier. Seriously.)

The study did not attempt to examine whether the political views of faculty members affect the content of their courses.

But liberals outnumbered conservatives even among engineering faculty (51 percent to 19 percent) (Who knew?)

For the most hilarious part of all, check out this article:

Wash. Times news, opinion pieces peddled flawed survey on liberal professors

I tend to believe Republicans when they say "Education is just a piece of paper" and "we don't want no intellectuals".

Engineering.
Odd. Most of the engineers I've worked with aren't retarded. Did you blackmail the dean of admissions or something?

Yes, you do need to 'prove the obvious' - mainly because everything you claim to be 'true' and 'fact' is, on critical examination.... total fucking bullshit.

You're on a par with truthmatters for honesty and intelligence.

College have - for decades - been more liberal biased. I know this. I attended one. Then, I attended another one to do my Masters.

You insist on making your ridiculous claims.... so I'm gonna carry on mocking your blatant anti-intellectualism and whining.

College Faculties A Most Liberal Lot, Study Finds
College faculties, long assumed to be a liberal bastion, lean further to the left than even the most conspiratorial conservatives might have imagined, a new study says.

By their own description, 72 percent of those teaching at American universities and colleges are liberal and 15 percent are conservative, says the study being published this week. The imbalance is almost as striking in partisan terms, with 50 percent of the faculty members surveyed identifying themselves as Democrats and 11 percent as Republicans.

The disparity is even more pronounced at the most elite schools, where, according to the study, 87 percent of faculty are liberal and 13 percent are conservative.

--

In contrast with the finding that nearly three-quarters of college faculty are liberal, a Harris Poll of the general public last year found that 33 percent describe themselves as conservative and 18 percent as liberal.

The liberal label that a majority of the faculty members attached to themselves is reflected on a variety of issues. The professors and instructors surveyed are, strongly or somewhat, in favor of abortion rights (84 percent); believe homosexuality is acceptable (67 percent); and want more environmental protection "even if it raises prices or costs jobs" (88 percent). What's more, the study found, 65 percent want the government to ensure full employment, a stance to the left of the Democratic Party.

Recent campus controversies have reinforced the left-wing faculty image. The University of Colorado is reviewing its tenure system after one professor, Ward Churchill, created an uproar by likening World Trade Center victims to Nazis. Harvard's faculty of arts and sciences voted no confidence in the university's president, Lawrence Summers, after he privately wondered whether women had the same natural ability as men in science and math.​

Academia is out of touch with America.

I absolutely love that article you linked too. Let's review a few of the more juicy tidbits:

"What's most striking is how few conservatives there are in any field" (no surprise there)

Religious services take a back seat for many faculty members, (that's because it's a "college" not a fucking church)

The study appears in the March issue of the Forum, an online political science journal. It was funded by the Randolph Foundation, a right-leaning group that has given grants to such conservative organizations (makes you wonder how honest it is)

Rothman sees the findings as evidence of "possible discrimination" against conservatives in hiring and promotion. Even after factoring in levels of achievement, as measured by published work and organization memberships (belonging to an "organization" is an "achievement"? Seriously? Hilarious!), "the most likely conclusion" is that "being conservative counts against you," he said. "It doesn't surprise me, because I've observed it happening." The study, however, describes this finding as "preliminary." (Preliminary? I've observed it happening? Does this sound remotely scientific?)

"It's hard to see that these liberal views cut very deeply into the education of students. In fact, a number of studies show the core values that students bring into the university are not very much altered by being in college." (This is the most hilarious so far. They're saying the students were liberal when they started college. That means more liberals go to college. Funnier and funnier. Seriously.)

The study did not attempt to examine whether the political views of faculty members affect the content of their courses.

But liberals outnumbered conservatives even among engineering faculty (51 percent to 19 percent) (Who knew?)

For the most hilarious part of all, check out this article:

Wash. Times news, opinion pieces peddled flawed survey on liberal professors

I tend to believe Republicans when they say "Education is just a piece of paper" and "we don't want no intellectuals".
You tend to believe anything that reinforces your narrow little world view. It's because you're not very bright.

Like many on the left, you conflate "educated" with "intelligent". A diploma is no measure of intelligence.

Forum List

Back