Republicans are better educated then Democrats

Yea,

Worthless degrees in Bible Memorization from fucking Bible colleges. Hilarious.

I have edjamacation. I know my "verses".

Link?

And, could we get a legitimate link to an authoritative source and not some bullshit blog from the HuffPuff or MediaMockery? thanks.

Link?

What states are the majority of Bible colleges in? Duh!

Now, what states are "University centers of research and real accomplishment" mostly in?

Be honest.

Do I have to also find a link that says the Republican Party is 90% white and mostly Christian? Who could possibly deny that?

The ones with the most people?

Christian Colleges - Universities and Bible Colleges

Yep Republicans like BA's and such but few are scientists.

What a steaming pile.

With Obama's fascist care looming, I can't imagine too many doctors and dentists being democrats...

What you mean is that few global warming grant collectors are Republicans..

I'm betting that most working scientists, doctors, dentists, engineers, et al, are Republicans.

40% of medical students self-ID as liberal or very liberal, versus 26% who do so as conservative or very conservative.

SpringerLink - Journal of General Internal Medicine, Volume 22, Number 4

Is that why so many "doctors" believe in alternative medicine? Maybe if DrOz was more conservative he would not be on TV spouting claptrap about Reiki and holistic medicine.

Just saying.

Is that why so many "doctors" believe in alternative medicine? Maybe if DrOz was more conservative he would not be on TV spouting claptrap about Reiki and holistic medicine.

Just saying.

My wife used to LOVE him.

Then he showed up with John Edwards - the psychic, and that was that...

The man should demand that they revoke his license to practice.

Link?

And, could we get a legitimate link to an authoritative source and not some bullshit blog from the HuffPuff or MediaMockery? thanks.

Link?

Now, what states are "University centers of research and real accomplishment" mostly in?

Be honest.

Do I have to also find a link that says the Republican Party is 90% white and mostly Christian? Who could possibly deny that?

The ones with the most people?

Christian Colleges - Universities and Bible Colleges
Blue-state California has more bible colleges than any other state in America.

How you gonna spin that, dean? :lol:

Including Biola, one of the most prestigious schools in the nation.

{Harvard was named after its first benefactor, John Harvard. Although it was never formally affiliated with a church, the college primarily trained Congregationalist and Unitarian clergy. }

Harvard University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well wait a minute, you mean HARVARD is one of those "Bible colleges" that RDean was berating???....:eek:

{Harvard was named after its first benefactor, John Harvard. Although it was never formally affiliated with a church, the college primarily trained Congregationalist and Unitarian clergy. }

Well wait a minute, you mean HARVARD is one of those "Bible colleges" that RDean was berating???....:eek:
That's different. Somehow. It just is. 6%!! 6%!!

Right, deaniac? :lol:

As is Princeton and the rest of the Ivy League.

Duke.
Founded by Methodists and Quakers.
A RESEARCH university, incidentally.

Another of those "dumb" church schools...

"
Wheaton College ranked ninth in the nation in the total number of graduates (all fields) who went on to earn doctorates (during the period of 1986-1995) according to Franklin & Marshall College's latest survey, which included more than 900 private colleges and universities.[15]
Wheaton is ranked 34 among all national liberal arts colleges for "Best Undergraduate Teaching" by the US News and World Report.[16] "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheaton_College_(Illinois)

Oh look, another dumb bible college that ranks 19th in the US...

Also a research university:

"
The University of Notre Dame du Lac (or simply Notre Dame /ˌnoʊtərˈdeɪm/) is a private Catholic research university located in Notre Dame, an unincorporated community north of the city of South Bend, in St. Joseph County, Indiana, United States — as are Holy Cross College and Saint Mary's College.
It was founded by Father Edward Sorin, CSC, who was also the school's first president. It was established as an all-male institution on November 26, 1842, on land donated by the Bishop of Vincennes. The university first enrolled women undergraduates in 1972. Today, about 47 percent of the student body is female.[5] Notre Dame's Catholic character is evident in the many Holy Cross priests serving the school (most notably the president of the university), its explicit commitment to the Christian faith, numerous ministries funded by the school, as well as in architecture around campus, especially the Main Building's gold dome topped by a golden statue of St. Mary, a famous replica of the Lourdes grotto, the 134-foot-tall (41 m) mosaic of Christ on the side of the Hesburgh Library (entitled "The Word of Life," but affectionately called 'Touchdown Jesus' because of his upraised arms and proximity to the stadium), and the ornate Basilica of the Sacred Heart, along with numerous chapels, statuary and religious iconography.
The university today is organized into five colleges and one professional school, the oldest of which, the College of Arts and Letters, began awarding degrees in 1849. The undergraduate program was ranked 19th among national universities by U.S. News & World Report for 2010-2011.[6] Notre Dame has a comprehensive graduate program with 32 master's and 25 doctoral degree programs.[7][8] Additionally, the university's library system is one of the 100 largest in the United States. "

Link?

Link?

Be honest.

No, I want a legitimate link that backs up your stance that Republicans mainly have degrees from Religious colleges. Don't tell me that, because a college happens to be in a particular state, that that somehow confirms your point. It does not. I take it you are aware that Americans can choose to study at any college they choose, assuming that college accepts them. So back it up little boy. I'll give you a clue. You will not be able to back it up from any legitimate source.... because it is bullshit.

I have no interest in your bullshit about the GOP. I ignore it, as I do with 94% of your bullshit. Don't try and deflect from your original bullshit by adding yet more shit into it.

You can't be serious. What does the evidence say? Why don't you connect the dots and see what's left. Here, let me help:
6% of scientists are Republican
Republicans want to include "mysticism" in public schools as "part of science".
Republicans believe "Noah's Ark" really happened.
Bible colleges teach "natural science". Stuff like "bees pollinate flowers and rain is wet". They do that to avoid genetics, plate tectonics, the foundation science for biology, botany and physiology, astronomy, geology, paleontology and any science that points to an "old earth", which almost all, if not all, do.

Then you look at location. The vast majority of Bible colleges are in Red states. Please don't say they are really "hotbeds of liberalism". What are they really famous for? How about business law and Bible study? How else are Republicans going to screw as many Americans out of as much money as possible? You have to admit, the redistribution of wealth from the middle class to the top 3% during the last 10 years is hardly something that can be denied.

Do Republicans study music or art or architecture? Not so much. And when they do, they are not nearly as successful as the left.

Funny story about "architecture". Right wingers had to get gay guy "Phillip Johnson" to design their Chrystal Cathedral. If there had been a single right winger capable, they would never have hired a gay. Go ahead, make me laugh, tell me I'm wrong.

Make me laugh again. Tell me most "Bible College Degrees" go to left wingers.

So instead of telling me to prove I'm wrong, present your evidence. Prove you're right. Prove right wingers have degrees in, in, in what? What is it they have degrees in?

Funny thing. You can go online and find "Science Organization" whose membership is made up of African Americans, Hispanics, gays, women and so one. But I can't find a single organization of "Republican Scientists" or "Conservative Scientists". Why is that?

Oh look, another dumb bible college that ranks 19th in the US...

Also a research university:

"
The University of Notre Dame du Lac (or simply Notre Dame /ˌnoʊtərˈdeɪm/) is a private Catholic research university located in Notre Dame, an unincorporated community north of the city of South Bend, in St. Joseph County, Indiana, United States — as are Holy Cross College and Saint Mary's College.
It was founded by Father Edward Sorin, CSC, who was also the school's first president. It was established as an all-male institution on November 26, 1842, on land donated by the Bishop of Vincennes. The university first enrolled women undergraduates in 1972. Today, about 47 percent of the student body is female.[5] Notre Dame's Catholic character is evident in the many Holy Cross priests serving the school (most notably the president of the university), its explicit commitment to the Christian faith, numerous ministries funded by the school, as well as in architecture around campus, especially the Main Building's gold dome topped by a golden statue of St. Mary, a famous replica of the Lourdes grotto, the 134-foot-tall (41 m) mosaic of Christ on the side of the Hesburgh Library (entitled "The Word of Life," but affectionately called 'Touchdown Jesus' because of his upraised arms and proximity to the stadium), and the ornate Basilica of the Sacred Heart, along with numerous chapels, statuary and religious iconography.
The university today is organized into five colleges and one professional school, the oldest of which, the College of Arts and Letters, began awarding degrees in 1849. The undergraduate program was ranked 19th among national universities by U.S. News & World Report for 2010-2011.[6] Notre Dame has a comprehensive graduate program with 32 master's and 25 doctoral degree programs.[7][8] Additionally, the university's library system is one of the 100 largest in the United States. "

Catholics believe in evolution.

Dumb bible colleges...pfft...

"In its 2011 edition, U.S. News & World Report ranked the university's undergraduate program 9th among national universities,[11] while ranking the medical, law, public affairs, nursing and business graduate programs all among the top 12 in the United States.[12] In the 2010 QS World University Rankings, Duke ranked 14th worldwide.[13] Duke's research expenditures are among the largest ten in the nation. "

Duke University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From your link:

Duke started as Brown's Schoolhouse, a private subscription school founded in 1838
This isn't 1838 anymore.

The university has "historic and symbolic ties to the Methodist Church but it always has been independent in its governance.

Independent. What does that mean? It means they teach evolution. Oops.

College Faculties A Most Liberal Lot, Study Finds
College faculties, long assumed to be a liberal bastion, lean further to the left than even the most conspiratorial conservatives might have imagined, a new study says.

By their own description, 72 percent of those teaching at American universities and colleges are liberal and 15 percent are conservative, says the study being published this week. The imbalance is almost as striking in partisan terms, with 50 percent of the faculty members surveyed identifying themselves as Democrats and 11 percent as Republicans.

The disparity is even more pronounced at the most elite schools, where, according to the study, 87 percent of faculty are liberal and 13 percent are conservative.

--

In contrast with the finding that nearly three-quarters of college faculty are liberal, a Harris Poll of the general public last year found that 33 percent describe themselves as conservative and 18 percent as liberal.

The liberal label that a majority of the faculty members attached to themselves is reflected on a variety of issues. The professors and instructors surveyed are, strongly or somewhat, in favor of abortion rights (84 percent); believe homosexuality is acceptable (67 percent); and want more environmental protection "even if it raises prices or costs jobs" (88 percent). What's more, the study found, 65 percent want the government to ensure full employment, a stance to the left of the Democratic Party.

Recent campus controversies have reinforced the left-wing faculty image. The University of Colorado is reviewing its tenure system after one professor, Ward Churchill, created an uproar by likening World Trade Center victims to Nazis. Harvard's faculty of arts and sciences voted no confidence in the university's president, Lawrence Summers, after he privately wondered whether women had the same natural ability as men in science and math.​

Academia is out of touch with America.

I absolutely love that article you linked too. Let's review a few of the more juicy tidbits:

"What's most striking is how few conservatives there are in any field" (no surprise there)

Religious services take a back seat for many faculty members, (that's because it's a "college" not a fucking church)

The study appears in the March issue of the Forum, an online political science journal. It was funded by the Randolph Foundation, a right-leaning group that has given grants to such conservative organizations (makes you wonder how honest it is)

Rothman sees the findings as evidence of "possible discrimination" against conservatives in hiring and promotion. Even after factoring in levels of achievement, as measured by published work and organization memberships (belonging to an "organization" is an "achievement"? Seriously? Hilarious!), "the most likely conclusion" is that "being conservative counts against you," he said. "It doesn't surprise me, because I've observed it happening." The study, however, describes this finding as "preliminary." (Preliminary? I've observed it happening? Does this sound remotely scientific?)

"It's hard to see that these liberal views cut very deeply into the education of students. In fact, a number of studies show the core values that students bring into the university are not very much altered by being in college." (This is the most hilarious so far. They're saying the students were liberal when they started college. That means more liberals go to college. Funnier and funnier. Seriously.)

The study did not attempt to examine whether the political views of faculty members affect the content of their courses.

But liberals outnumbered conservatives even among engineering faculty (51 percent to 19 percent) (Who knew?)

For the most hilarious part of all, check out this article:

Wash. Times news, opinion pieces peddled flawed survey on liberal professors

I tend to believe Republicans when they say "Education is just a piece of paper" and "we don't want no intellectuals".
You tend to believe anything that reinforces your narrow little world view. It's because you're not very bright.

Like many on the left, you conflate "educated" with "intelligent". A diploma is no measure of intelligence.

I know. It's just a piece of paper and you can be "over educated" and people with degrees don't have "common sense". I've heard it all before.

If a degree was so meaningless, easy and insignificant, it's good the right wing sticks with the Bible.

Forum List

Back