Republicans and the Affordable Care Act

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Aug 6, 2012
Currently stationed at the kitchen table
Obama was reelected, and the ACA will stay. I would like to see the GOP start working to address the flaws in Obamacare since replacing it with RomneyCare is out( not that I was looking forward to that option either).

What do you think are the odds that they will work to amend it and stop wasting time and tax payer money trying to scrap it? Also, thoughts on what the 1st change to the ACA should be?

Obama was reelected, and the ACA will stay. I would like to see the GOP start working to address the flaws in Obamacare since replacing it with RomneyCare is out( not that I was looking forward to that option either).

What do you think are the odds that they will work to amend it and stop wasting time and tax payer money trying to scrap it? Also, thoughts on what the 1st change to the ACA should be?

The Republicans are already worried about the mid-term elections. They can't be seen as working WITH the President....

There are PROBLEMS with the ACA? :confused:

You all were jumping for joy when it passed. Tell us what's wrong with it.

Don't expect to hear much in the way of honest feedback. All you'll get from the herd on this site is that the mandate is unconstitutional and needs to go. The rest of it.......they like but would never admit it because their overlords wont allow them to say it.

The laws can be repealed in '16.

Your man Harry Reid will hopefully do us the favor of changing filibuster procedure so we don't have to.

You see, he would get away with changing the filibuster without the media blinking an eye. When the Republicans do it, you will be outraged.

Last edited:
The government shoul just take the industry over completely, conscript doctors and give all forms of healthcare for free.

That's rich.... I thought it was a brilliant, masterful piece of legislation?

:lol:

It doesn't do enough to bring down costs.

So let's revisit the idea of a public option.
That's not what Obama said. That's not what Nancy Pelosi said.

Are you calling them liars?

It's bringing down costs, just not nearly enough.

And if it makes you feel better to call Pelosi or Obama or anyone else a liar to prove some sort of point that makes you feel better than that's fine.

Let me know when you're ready to talk about the issues and not focus on trying to make the other team look stupid.

What we need to do is just get rid of private insurance industry and replace it with government insurance like what most of Europe has to put up with. Obama has said that is what he would rather have anyways...having a single payer program. Why wait? Let's just feel the pain all at once instead of the 10-20 years of agony going a little at a time. I know, I know, it will be increasing taxes for all considerably.....but how else will we get to be a socialized nation like so many near bankrupt nations?

So that costs can explode even more?

The problem with ACA is that it is a top down approach that tramples on the needs of various segments. And that's just the beginning.
The law is a disaster. It is what happens when one party shoves through Congress by hook and by crook a poorly conceived poorly executed piece of legislation because they have convinced themselves that they are the ones we've been waiting for.
There is no fixing the bill. It is fundamentally flawed. Nothing could fix it besides repeal.

Democrats wasted taxpayer money pushing it.

So that costs can explode even more?

The problem with ACA is that it is a top down approach that tramples on the needs of various segments. And that's just the beginning.
The law is a disaster. It is what happens when one party shoves through Congress by hook and by crook a poorly conceived poorly executed piece of legislation because they have convinced themselves that they are the ones we've been waiting for.
There is no fixing the bill. It is fundamentally flawed. Nothing could fix it besides repeal.

LOL, a whole lot of text that actually says nothing. Shocking!

And if it makes you feel better to call Pelosi or Obama or anyone else a liar to prove some sort of point that makes you feel better than that's fine.

Let me know when you're ready to talk about the issues and not focus on trying to make the other team look stupid.

Gee, my health insurance premiums went up 20% this last renewal. Where are the cost savings? Obama promised reductions in premiums. No one has seen their premiums go down. No one.

Gee, my health insurance premiums went up 20% this last renewal. Where are the cost savings? Obama promised reductions in premiums. No one has seen their premiums go down. No one.

Weird, I didn't realize the program was fully implemented. You must be on the fast track.

Forum List

Back