Republican Plan to end Health Care for Americans

Looks like 30 million Americans are headed into the dumpsters with the help of Republicans. Tsk!

Republicans said, "they would propose limiting the money and personnel available to the Internal Revenue Service, so the agency could not aggressively enforce provisions that require people to obtain health insurance and employers to help pay for it.

They plan to use spending bills to block federal insurance regulations to which they object. And they will try to limit access to government-subsidized private health plans that include coverage of abortion.

The House Republican whip, Representative Eric Cantor of Virginia, described the strategy this way: “If all of Obamacare cannot be immediately repealed, then it is my intention to begin repealing it piece by piece, blocking funding for its implementation and blocking the issuance of the regulations necessary to implement it.”

http://tiny.cc/6678v

This is good....why do we want to empower the IRS to go after people who don't sign up for Health Care when we feel it's unconstitutional....to be forced to sign up for HC...
Why do we want our tax dollars going to fund abortions....You Libs don't get this yet?

In practice, if you want an average quality health care, you have to pay for a private health care company or a private hospital. . . So I don't think socialized medicine is the answer. Fortunatelly most Americans are smart enough to see that it's indeed a bad idea and hopefully Obamacare will be repealed.

"Obamacare" refers to a large expansion of private insurance coverage.

In practice, if you want an average quality health care, you have to pay for a private health care company or a private hospital. . . So I don't think socialized medicine is the answer. Fortunatelly most Americans are smart enough to see that it's indeed a bad idea and hopefully Obamacare will be repealed.

"Obamacare" refers to a large expansion of private insurance coverage.
You misspelled "fascistic government takeover of private insurance industry".

Not to quibble, but accuracy in this discussion IS important.

Obamacare makes it mandatory for health INSURANCE to cover pre-existing conditions.
How the fuck does an insurance company underwrite that?
You own a home and it burns down. You had not liability coverage to cover that.
You just call your agent "Hey, my house burned down. The damage is $340,000.00. Where do I send my $1,200.00 premium? When do I get my claim for $340,000.00?
Americans are dumbasses. Health insurance IS INSURANCE.

Not to quibble, but accuracy in this discussion IS important.

Not to you, it seems.
I'm not the one trying to mischaracterize this as a right instead of an unconstitutional and treasonous powergrab violating the basic tenants of the foundational philosophy of this nation. You realize that the last time the government demanded we buy certain products it was when the British told us we must buy only from them through mercantilism. Seemed to have a sleightly adverse effect on people and their loyalty to Britian. Oh yeah it caused a revolution.

Now let's say the British went as far as this administration and said, not only will you buy ONLY from the British merchants, you MUST buy at least so much product a year or you will be fined and possibly jailed.

Is this liberty? Is this an American ideal? If the answer is anything but 'no', you need to demand a refund from your school and university, with punitive damages of a kick in the teeth with steel toes for every history and social studies teacher you ever had because they fucked you over hardcore.

You may also want to keep the government out of the equation. Once they get their paws on it then it's a one way road to total control of everybody's lives.

Horseshit.

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because the healthcare lobbyists gave $10 BILLION DOLLARS to members of Congress in the last decade. You are being screwed by your corporate masters, and you don't even know it.

Sure we are, which is why us Yanks tend to live longer once we get old and sick than anyone in those wonderful places.
The US ranks 38th in longevity.

List of countries by life expectancy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Life expectancy at birth (years)[4]
Rank Country (State/territory) Overall Male Female
1 Japan 82.6 79.0 86.1
2 Hong Kong ( China) 82.2 79.4 85.1
3 Switzerland 82.1 80.0 84.2
4 Israel 82.0 80.0 84.0
5 Iceland 81.8 80.2 83.3
6 Australia 81.2 78.9 83.6
7 Singapore 81.0 79.0 83
8 Spain 80.9 77.7 84.2
9 Sweden 80.9 78.7 83.0
10 Macau ( China) 80.7 78.5 82.8
11 France (metropolitan) 80.7 77.1 84.1
12 Canada 80.7 78.3 82.9
13 Italy 80.5 77.5 83.5
13 New Zealand 80.2 78.2 82.2
15 Norway 80.2 77.8 82.5
16 Austria 79.8 76.9 82.6
16 Netherlands 79.8 77.5 81.9
18 Martinique ( France) 79.5 76.5 82.3
18 Greece 79.5 77.1 81.9
20 Belgium 79.4 76.5 82.3
20 Malta 79.4 77.3 81.3
20 United Kingdom 79.4 77.2 81.6
20 Germany 79.4 76.5 82.1
20 U.S. Virgin Islands ( US) 79.4 75.5 83.3
25 Finland 79.3 76.1 82.4
26 Guadeloupe ( France) 79.2 76.0 82.2
27 Channel Islands ( Jersey and Guernsey) ( UK) 79.0 76.6 81.5
27 Cyprus 79.0 76.5 81.6
29 Ireland 78.9 76.5 81.3
30 Costa Rica 78.8 76.5 81.2
31 Puerto Rico ( US) 78.7 74.7 82.7
31 Luxembourg 78.7 75.7 81.6
31 United Arab Emirates 78.7 77.2 81.5
34 South Korea 78.6 75.0 82.2
34 Chile 78.6 75.5 81.5
36 Denmark 78.3 76.0 80.6
36 Cuba 78.3 76.2 80.4
38 United States 78.2 75.6 80.8

The disagreement the left and right have here is all about money. I'm conservative fiscally, on some social issues I lean liberal and my view on this is very simple. We cannot afford it. Eventually healthcare does need to be addressed, but now isn't the time. Well maybe it is because Obama pushed the legislation through without anyone really having a chance to read the bill. How democrats accept that action is beyond me, it isn't very democratic.

My point is, we are 15+trillion in debt, we spend billions more per month than we take in tax wise every month. Our debt to GDP ratio is over 100% How is this the correct time to push through a very expensive healthcare bill? How will we pay for this after 2014? Any answers, any links? I can't find an answer and I've researched this topic quite a bit. Besides the bit about cutting 500 billion from Medicaire, and disability, we know that will never happen. Either our national debt will skyrocket, or our tax rate will skyrocket. My bet is the second.

Socialized medicine shouldn't be the answer. We have enough abuse, fraud in the welfare/disability department, it should be quite obvious that government involvement in our everyday lives never works. We care so much about those that do not have, or refuse to have, that we drag the entire country closer and closer to a collapse.

Horseshit.

Every other industrialized nation in the world has national health insurance, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare. Why? Because the healthcare lobbyists gave $10 BILLION DOLLARS to members of Congress in the last decade. You are being screwed by your corporate masters, and you don't even know it.

Sure we are, which is why us Yanks tend to live longer once we get old and sick than anyone in those wonderful places.

List of countries by life expectancy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Life expectancy at birth (years)[4]
Rank Country (State/territory) Overall Male Female
1 Japan 82.6 79.0 86.1
2 Hong Kong ( China) 82.2 79.4 85.1
3 Switzerland 82.1 80.0 84.2
4 Israel 82.0 80.0 84.0
5 Iceland 81.8 80.2 83.3
6 Australia 81.2 78.9 83.6
7 Singapore 81.0 79.0 83
8 Spain 80.9 77.7 84.2
9 Sweden 80.9 78.7 83.0
10 Macau ( China) 80.7 78.5 82.8
11 France (metropolitan) 80.7 77.1 84.1
12 Canada 80.7 78.3 82.9
13 Italy 80.5 77.5 83.5
13 New Zealand 80.2 78.2 82.2
15 Norway 80.2 77.8 82.5
16 Austria 79.8 76.9 82.6
16 Netherlands 79.8 77.5 81.9
18 Martinique ( France) 79.5 76.5 82.3
18 Greece 79.5 77.1 81.9
20 Belgium 79.4 76.5 82.3
20 Malta 79.4 77.3 81.3
20 United Kingdom 79.4 77.2 81.6
20 Germany 79.4 76.5 82.1
20 U.S. Virgin Islands ( US) 79.4 75.5 83.3
25 Finland 79.3 76.1 82.4
26 Guadeloupe ( France) 79.2 76.0 82.2
27 Channel Islands ( Jersey and Guernsey) ( UK) 79.0 76.6 81.5
27 Cyprus 79.0 76.5 81.6
29 Ireland 78.9 76.5 81.3
30 Costa Rica 78.8 76.5 81.2
31 Puerto Rico ( US) 78.7 74.7 82.7
31 Luxembourg 78.7 75.7 81.6
31 United Arab Emirates 78.7 77.2 81.5
34 South Korea 78.6 75.0 82.2
34 Chile 78.6 75.5 81.5
36 Denmark 78.3 76.0 80.6
36 Cuba 78.3 76.2 80.4
38 United States 78.2 75.6 80.8
Tell me. Do the all report under the same standards? If not, can this comparison be trusted? I know that most other nations don't report many methods of infant death like the US and the US infant mortality includes abortions. Yeah, that'll skew the numbers. Sort of the same way gun deaths include suicides in this nation but not others.

I wonder why? So that leaves a lot of questions into if these numbers are really representative or just a political tool. That was rhetorical moron, we KNOW they're a political tool.

Looks like 30 million Americans are headed into the dumpsters with the help of Republicans. Tsk!

Republicans said, "they would propose limiting the money and personnel available to the Internal Revenue Service, so the agency could not aggressively enforce provisions that require people to obtain health insurance and employers to help pay for it.

They plan to use spending bills to block federal insurance regulations to which they object. And they will try to limit access to government-subsidized private health plans that include coverage of abortion.

The House Republican whip, Representative Eric Cantor of Virginia, described the strategy this way: “If all of Obamacare cannot be immediately repealed, then it is my intention to begin repealing it piece by piece, blocking funding for its implementation and blocking the issuance of the regulations necessary to implement it.”

http://tiny.cc/6678v

Why do you hate democracy?

The health care bill has been posted many times. No one on the right has bothered even reading a tiny portion of it.

It's because they hate Obama so much, they can taste it. They don't want anything to change their minds. The right dreams about how much they hate Obama. Well, not ALL of them, just 90%.

How many on the left bothered to read it? Nazi Pelosi admitted she didn't read it when she voted on it.

Oh, wow.

So the health care I currently have is to be yanked out from under me,

'cuz of BOOOSH and/or repugs???

Please.

Link?

No one is going to stop you from purchasing all the healthcare you're willing to pay for.

That's only because Americans are incredibly fat. Lots of things factor into longevity other than the quality of healthcare you recieve.

Using irrelevant statistics is a favorite propaganda tactic of leftwing liars.

No one forces Americans to smoke, not exercise and eat Twinkies.
But they demand free health care all the while doing it.

The disagreement the left and right have here is all about money. I'm conservative fiscally, on some social issues I lean liberal and my view on this is very simple. We cannot afford it. Eventually healthcare does need to be addressed, but now isn't the time. Well maybe it is because Obama pushed the legislation through without anyone really having a chance to read the bill. How democrats accept that action is beyond me, it isn't very democratic.

My point is, we are 15+trillion in debt, we spend billions more per month than we take in tax wise every month. Our debt to GDP ratio is over 100% How is this the correct time to push through a very expensive healthcare bill? How will we pay for this after 2014? Any answers, any links? I can't find an answer and I've researched this topic quite a bit. Besides the bit about cutting 500 billion from Medicaire, and disability, we know that will never happen. Either our national debt will skyrocket, or our tax rate will skyrocket. My bet is the second.

Socialized medicine shouldn't be the answer. We have enough abuse, fraud in the welfare/disability department, it should be quite obvious that government involvement in our everyday lives never works. We care so much about those that do not have, or refuse to have, that we drag the entire country closer and closer to a collapse.

Bingo. Great Post.

The idiots passed this clusterfuck without even reading it.

Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House, made the statement, "We have to pass it before we know whats in it."

Anyone who thinks anything the Govt has a hand in is going to be cheaper and better is a flamming idiot in my book. Everything the Govt touches turns to shit in no time.

Everything they touch is full of Unentended consequences and we taxpayers end up footing the bill.

I'm not interested in paying higher premiums so others can be covered.

Anyone who is can step up the the plate at any time.

Last edited:
You realize that the last time the government demanded we buy certain products it was when the British told us we must buy only from them through mercantilism.

Your issue is with a few paragraphs of the legislation. So swap the ACA's individual mandate with a late enrollment penalty a la Wyden-Bennett. Or use Romney's suggestion of using federal funds to incentivize states to implement their own adverse selection deterrent (after all, states already have the option under the law to get the individual mandate waived for their residents as long as they substitute an economically functional equivalent, regardless of how they get to it ideologically). Then life goes on.

Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House, made the statement, "We have to pass it before we know whats in it."

It's interesting how this misquote morphs to have whatever meaning is convenient at the moment.

You realize that the last time the government demanded we buy certain products it was when the British told us we must buy only from them through mercantilism.

Your issue is with a few paragraphs of the legislation. So swap the ACA's individual mandate with a late enrollment penalty a la Wyden-Bennett. Or use Romney's suggestion of using federal funds to incentivize states to implement their own adverse selection deterrent (after all, states already have the option under the law to get the individual mandate waived for their residents as long as they substitute an economically functional equivalent, regardless of how they get to it ideologically). Then life goes on.

It's interesting how this misquote morphs to have whatever meaning is convenient at the moment.
No. My issue is it is an unconstitutional use of government power. Health Care is NOT... repeat NOT a right. It is an act of trade for a good or service. What good or service do you have a right to under the constitution? IIRC, none. Therefore, this legislation is unconstitutional. There are many many many other free market solutions being ignored by the public because the leftists do not want individual freedom but serfs under their new neo-feudalist arrangement.

That's only because Americans are incredibly fat. Lots of things factor into longevity other than the quality of healthcare you recieve.

Using irrelevant statistics is a favorite propaganda tactic of leftwing liars.

However Europeans smoke drink and use more illegal drugs; when you incldue all factors Euroepans should live shorter lvies then amiercans

The disagreement the left and right have here is all about money. I'm conservative fiscally, on some social issues I lean liberal and my view on this is very simple. We cannot afford it.
So according to you we cannot afford to lower health care costs and reduce the long term deficit and trillions of dollars. If we can't afford that then we sure as hell can't afford what we currently had.
Eventually healthcare does need to be addressed, but now isn't the time. Well maybe it is because Obama pushed the legislation through without anyone really having a chance to read the bill.
The CBO read the bill and in fact they laid out excatly what the bill odes. Just because you have not read something does not mean everyone else has not read it

My point is, we are 15+trillion in debt, we spend billions more per month than we take in tax wise every month. Our debt to GDP ratio is over 100% How is this the correct time to push through a very expensive healthcare bill?
I see so with a large deficit/debt you do not think it is time to pass a bill that reduced long term debt by trillions of dollars

How will we pay for this after 2014? Any answers, any links? I can't find an answer and I've researched this topic quite a bit. Besides the bit about cutting 500 billion from Medicaire, and disability, we know that will never happen.
How stupid of you to analysis Obamacare and discount half of its spending reductions

Socialized medicine shouldn't be the answer.
Who cares what "should be" the fact remains that socialized medicine is far superior then private medicine

We have enough abuse, fraud in the welfare/disability department, it should be quite obvious that government involvement in our everyday lives never works.
Except when it comes to health care, retirement, energy, water, utilities, schools, transportation, the environment working conditions, science research, energy standards, etc etc

Forum List

Back