Republican party may have died today.

and of course the 95 Dims that voted against the bail don't get any blame at all for the bill not passing...

How about the entire 12 member Barney Frank Banking Committee...not one of them voted for the bill....and of course they don't get blamed either...

only the R's get the blame.....

Its fucking amazing....:cuckoo:

agreed, im sick of both parties pointing fingers at one another. who gives a damn who did or didnt vote.

the fact of the matter is it failed... and marginally congress actually listened to its constituents :clap2:

now whether or not it was the right move remains to be seen

If we go into a depression now then the republican party will suffer horribly. i dont like this bail out but alot of people are being hurt as the market tanks. bush and the rep leadership failed to deliver the votes today.

Really I would think since the Dems have the majority rule it would be them that bite it.

If we go into a depression now then the republican party will suffer horribly. i dont like this bail out but alot of people are being hurt as the market tanks. bush and the rep leadership failed to deliver the votes today.

If McCain came out today and said no to the bailout he would win the election... There's a reason 70% of the people hate this bailout...

If McCain came out today and said no to the bailout he would win the election... There's a reason 70% of the people hate this bailout...

Actually that would make him look weak as fuck, like he can't even control his own party, since the bailout will pass.

And if the bailout didnt pass, well then he'd be fucked because when the economy crashed he would be blamed for it.

All I know is if the Republican party died, we'd have to reinvent one much like it.

As much as I bitch about Neo-cons, I have always thought that the Republican party was necessary to balance out the excesses of the Democratic party.

There used to be a LOT to like about the Republican party that existed before the NEO-Cons made their unholy alliance with the social conservatives and took over the reins of that Grand Old Party.

You will only be hurt if you own stock in companies that aren't healthy. Most of the stock in your 401-K will be just fine in a few years.

-Joe
Famous-last-words......

Thank you Mr. Shaman! My retirement accounts recovered and began growing again a few months ago and my friends with real estate that were able to hang on are finding a much stronger market today.

I don't know that fame is in order, it was a fairly logical thought progression. :dunno:

Thank you Mr. Shaman! My retirement accounts recovered and began growing again a few months ago and my friends with real estate that were able to hang on are finding a much stronger market today.

I don't know that fame is in order, it was a fairly logical thought progression. :dunno:

O.K., I'll say it, for you:

THANKS, BARACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back