Republican party may have died today.

notomccain

Sep 24, 2008
If we go into a depression now then the republican party will suffer horribly. i dont like this bail out but alot of people are being hurt as the market tanks. bush and the rep leadership failed to deliver the votes today.

It needed to die.

I'm not sure the cure is better than the disease. We were told the Bear Sterns bailout was enough to stop meltdown...yeah, right!

The GOP will be blamed regardless of how it goes.

I am sure that we need the bail out.

But what bothers me is that not one single law has been discussed that would keep it from happening again.

If we gave them the 700 million. The Wall Street bankers could turn around and do the exact same thing again.

If we go into a depression now then the republican party will suffer horribly. i dont like this bail out but alot of people are being hurt as the market tanks. bush and the rep leadership failed to deliver the votes today.

You will only be hurt if you own stock in companies that aren't healthy. Most of the stock in your 401-K will be just fine in a few years.

It is only a 'loss' if you sell. The bad-boys in the investment banking business are counting on you and me to panic... Don't give them the satisfaction!

After Georgie-boy, the republicans need a spanking... as do the 'old school' democrats. Make your vote count - research your representatives this year. Base your desire to re-hire them on their courage this week.

Toss out the lap-dogs of the lobbyists who voted for this POS bill and reward the ones who courageously listened to the people... regardless of the color of their political skin.

-Joe

That's fine with me. The Republican Party has been hijacked by the neoconservative movement. Good riddance!

You will only be hurt if you own stock in companies that aren't healthy. Most of the stock in your 401-K will be just fine in a few years.

It is only a 'loss' if you sell. The bad-boys in the investment banking business are counting on you and me to panic... Don't give them the satisfaction!

After Georgie-boy, the republicans need a spanking... as do the 'old school' democrats. Make your vote count - research your representatives this year. Base your desire to re-hire them on their courage this week.

Toss out the lap-dogs of the lobbyists who voted for this POS bill and reward the ones who courageously listened to the people... regardless of the color of their political skin.

-Joe

i agree with the dont panic. but having said that, FCX is killing me. my other stocks are doing ok though. not dropping too much.

How is that... The Dems have the MAJORITY. They could of passed it on their own... What about the 90+ of their own that voted against it?

they 60% vote for it, had the reps voted 60% it would have passed. bush is president and he and his party will be blamed, not democrats and not pelosi.

94 Democrats and 134 Republicans voted on this bill. How is the 94 Democrats part of the Republican Party? What about the key legislators of this bill that shut out the American public and their opposing party to rush a bill demanded by President Bush. Remember Bush, why would they rush a bill for this guy, let alone, offer $700 billion of taxpayers money.

they 60% vote for it, had the reps voted 60% it would have passed. bush is president and he and his party will be blamed, not democrats and not pelosi.

so if those 95 Democrats who hadn't voted against it had, the results would have been the same???

My buddy at work said, "I think your side voted it down", so i looked and 33% of dems voted against it and 66% of GOP voted it down.

They wanted us to pass this bill without the majority of them signing it so we would take all the blame. Sorry, we aren't letting them play us like that.

Either more Republicans sign on or fuck off.

My buddy at work said, "I think your side voted it down", so i looked and 33% of dems voted against it and 66% of GOP voted it down.

They wanted us to pass this bill without the majority of them signing it so we would take all the blame. Sorry, we aren't letting them play us like that.

If you need the political cover of so-called "bipartisan support" than:

A) the disease isn't so bad

and/or

B) the cure isn't so good

The Republicans refused to vote with Bush. The Dems tried to push it through, and were flabbergasted that their own people voted against them.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

It just shows how out of touch they are with the American people. Because that's why they voted against it. The constituents flooded DC with threats of pulling votes if this crap was forced on us.

pathetic.

the blame is clearly on the republican party.
Clearly...you're a hack..

Its ironic that the bill didn't pass so its blamed on Republicans(93 nay Dem votes just invisible to the hacks)

Pelosi wanted 100 Republican Yea votes so she could say the R's were 50% to blame for its passage....

Damned if you do and damned if you don't....either way Republicans get the blame...reality doesn't matter .... R's are always to blame....

The Republicans refused to vote with Bush. The Dems tried to push it through, and were flabbergasted that their own people voted against them.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

It just shows how out of touch they are with the American people. Because that's why they voted against it. The constituents flooded DC with threats of pulling votes if this crap was forced on us.

You are a joke Allie. You're one of those people who doesn't care if you get good or bad attention. You just want ATTENTION.

How is that... The Dems have the MAJORITY. They could of passed it on their own... What about the 90+ of their own that voted against it?

That is why you'll want to skip over the "party" lever in the old voting booth this year.

Exciting times, eh?

-Joe

Forum List

Back