Republican party may have died today.

I sent him one, too.

I also told him he was making a mistake by letting Bush handlers hold Palin back. They need to turn her loose.

Good!

I was so pissed off after hearing McCain on TV promoting this POS again that gnawing on his ass about it was all I was focused on.

financial meltdown is looming. 700 billion sounds like alot but we lost 1.2 trillion today.
this is going to hit main street hard and it wont be long before the yahoos are howling why congress did nothing.

financial meltdown is looming. 700 billion sounds like alot but we lost 1.2 trillion today.
this is going to hit main street hard and it wont be long before the yahoos are howling why congress did nothing.

We're headed for a recession, no question. But voting for this bailout would only have made the problem worse.

We're still going to see more problems down the road, however. We've still not addressed the root problems that lead us to this crisis in the first place.

Fuck them. Bail out nobody. Let it crash and burn, and the world crash and burn with it, and start from the ashes.

It's been a long time coming. We'll still be head and shoulders above the rest.

And that's how Allie became an anarchist.

Most of us don't. It is up to us to help keep others from panicking while watching out for the anything that is possible for the next 10 years. Including those who would seek to profit from harm during various degrees of chaos.

This is big in our history. Like WWII and Columbus running home to Spain yelling "Dudes! You're never gonna guess what I've found!!!" big.

No. It's up to us to be responsible and not throw our hands up in the air and see what happens.

Again, my son is 10, I'm not really interested in toughing it out... particularly when I worked hard and did everything you're supposed to do to make sure that you don't have to.

Mostly, I'm not a gambler. And I know for a fact that the "free market" is a bunch of BS because there's no such thing. And, finally, I know that the loss of 1 million jobs would pretty much screw us.

Steady kids...

Panic is what the wealthy want right now. Don't give it to them!

Yes there is going to be a large price correction across the market place, including wages, and it is going to hurt. If we can keep each other above water and keep each other from tearing down any of the infrastructure, we can come out of this in a much better economy than we've known.

-Joe

Steady kids...

Yes there is going to be a large price correction across the market place, including wages, and it is going to hurt. If we can keep each other above water and keep each other from tearing down any of the infrastructure, we can come out of this in a much better economy than we've known.

-Joe

:clap2:

Stabilization is a necessary process at the moment.

I don't see us coming out better, however. We haven't addressed any of the causes of this crisis.

Steady kids...

-Joe
It's going to be worse because they will re-double their efforts to prove Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac work. They aren't going to scrap any of the do-goodist institutions and laws that got us into this mess.

Defund Fannie and Freddie
Scrap the CRA
Make sure banks only loan money likely to return with a profit

No. It's up to us to be responsible and not throw our hands up in the air and see what happens.

Again, my son is 10, I'm not really interested in toughing it out... particularly when I worked hard and did everything you're supposed to do to make sure that you don't have to.

Mostly, I'm not a gambler. And I know for a fact that the "free market" is a bunch of BS because there's no such thing. And, finally, I know that the loss of 1 million jobs would pretty much screw us.

What do we do then? Extend a huge line of credit to the clowns that got us into this mess so that they can continue the game?

The money will start to flow again... there is too much profit in banking and there is no profit, zip - zero - nada in leaving ones billions molding in a vault.

If We, The People do anything, it should be make refinance loans available to people if they, the home owner, feel like they are in a bad loan. That would require less money than a month in Iraq, and it would get paid back.

-Joe

It's going to be worse because they will re-double their efforts to prove Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac work. They aren't going to scrap any of the do-goodist institutions and laws that got us into this mess.

Defund Fannie and Freddie
Scrap the CRA
Make sure banks only loan money likely to return with a profit

Not if we keep talking to each other and keep sending those e-mails to congress. If we can affect this vote, we can effect others!

Be Alert... The world needs lerts!

-Joe

If Democrats want to give Republicans credit for stopping the worst possible economic decision in our lifetime, good for them. I don't care who takes blame/credit for it, as long as they don't pass it.

What do we do then? Extend a huge line of credit to the clowns that got us into this mess so that they can continue the game?

The money will start to flow again... there is too much profit in banking and there is no profit, zip - zero - nada in leaving ones billions molding in a vault.

If We, The People do anything, it should be make refinance loans available to people if they, the home owner, feel like they are in a bad loan. That would require less money than a month in Iraq, and it would get paid back.

-Joe

I don't believe in "free market" economy. There's no such thing. We intervene at every level. Losing 1 million dollars and throwing the world into a depression is pretty absurd... and seems a pretty silly way for people to say "I told you so".

If Democrats want to give Republicans credit for stopping the worst possible economic decision in our lifetime, good for them. I don't care who takes blame/credit for it, as long as they don't pass it.

You do realize that our economy will stop functioning without it right? it amazes me that anyone would be so stupid as to not grasp the situation at hand.

you act as if you'll be on the hook exclusively for the 700 billion... this will be a shared burden.

You do realize that our economy will stop functioning without it right? it amazes me that anyone would be so stupid as to not grasp the situation at hand.

you act as if you'll be on the hook exclusively for the 700 billion... this will be a shared burden.

Shared by whom? The people who pay taxes, while the ones who don't pay taxes don't suffer. Also, why am I paying the same portion of the bailout as the people who bit off more than they can chew? Fuck them, it's not my fault they don't understand their own budgets.

And then the world will end and we'll all die terrible agonizing deaths and the sun will cease to rise.
Get a grip.

I don't believe in "free market" economy. There's no such thing. We intervene at every level. Losing 1 million dollars and throwing the world into a depression is pretty absurd... and seems a pretty silly way for people to say "I told you so".

There is no reason, if we keep cool and get this issue out of the hands of lame-duck Bush and the 110th congress and into the hands of the next administration and a congress that might just be a little more beholding to us and not the lobbyists, that we can't get some reasonable regulations and banking guidelines.

We might even get something cool out of the deal like a true national credit union. I'm also hopeful that congress might even man-up and take back control of the money supply from the Federal Reserve.

Exciting times!

-Joe

Funny thing about this ordeal. President Bush calls for a $700 billion bailout. Democrats listen. Obama says McCain votes 95% with Bush so we don't want another eight years. Yet, 2/3 Democrats were willing to vote for such a expense package that can affect us the next four years. They voted with Bush on a $700 billion bailout!!!!! And this is all started from a president of the last eight years. Where is the change?

Says who?

George W. Bush? The same guy who told us that Saddam Hussine had WMD's in his sock drawer?!?

Did you believe him then? Should you believe him now?

That is up to you of course...

Personally? I don't believe him.

-Joe

Last edited:

nope, remember all American's don't foot the tax bill.

Forum List

Back