Republican officials in some states to cancel presidential primary elections

They have no one who can go toe-to-toe with Trump in a debate.
Haha...the only people who think that are simpletons. Only morons think trump has ever won a debate.

What they are worried about is the thin skinned little pussyboy reacting to the campaigning amd attacks. Unlike you cultists, the GOP is just grinning and bearing trump. You guys should get that through your heads.

HA! Who was it that said, "just win baby!" Your democrat clown car has no one with a shot at beating Trump, period.
Its like when Muhammad Ali was spewing "I am the greatest", but then went out and won, you have to beat the champ, until you do he can spew all he wants.
You sound like a child.
You sound like a low IQ voter who can't debate

Funny how the only people outraged are moronic shitbags, aka Democrats.

The point of having a primary is to find a candidate for President of the United States. The Republicans already have a sitting President who is running again.

Thanks for playing, retards....

Its their party, they can do what ever they want, still its an interesting question.
I think they legitimately fear an embarassement factor. Not that there's any serious challenge, but Trump is not a conservative. Of course W pretty much killed conservatism in the gop. But people like Sanford would like to illustrate the gop's abandonment of small govt and fiscal restraint.

Nobama an bush did it too. Research it.
ummm, no, but thanks for playing
2012 Democratic Party presidential primaries - Wikipedia
but the demoRats are eliminating some from the primary debates. why?
No, lack of support is killing some off. And the gop did the same in 16, and that still didn't stop the shit show. And the dem debates reportedly have been nut show, but I haven't watched any.

2016 Republican Party presidential debates and forums - Wikipedia

Do any of you trump supporters have a problem with this?

Republican 2020 primary: State parties move to nix contests in show of support for Trump - CNNPolitics

"Republican officials in multiple states are on the verge of canceling their 2020 presidential primary elections in a show of support for President Donald Trump, even as some GOP candidates plan to challenge him.

Party leaders in South Carolina, Nevada and Arizona have all expressed support for nixing their presidential primaries, and are expected to make it official over the coming weeks."
Not a Trump supporter, but he is better than any democrat so far. I say have the primaries, new ideas and the light of day never hurts.

Trump is the most masterful debater of our lifetime....

If Bill Weld ever tried to debate Trump, Trump will call him a nobody poopyhead and Weld would never be able to recover..

Post #63 nailed the response for this thread:
"The point of having a primary is to find a candidate for President of the United States.
The Republicans already have a sitting President who is running again."

If any GOP candidates get the required signatures, or money, or poll support, or other criteria to be on a ballot, fine.
But there will be no GOP primary debates, no need to, just ask the current RNC Chairwoman, Rona McDaniel.

Republican Party nixes debate committee ahead of 2020 - CNNPolitics

but the demoRats are eliminating some from the primary debates. why?
No, lack of support is killing some off. And the gop did the same in 16, and that still didn't stop the shit show. And the dem debates reportedly have been nut show, but I haven't watched any.

2016 Republican Party presidential debates and forums - Wikipedia
no, the left said, lack of support means you get no place on stage. What difference should that make? isn't that the reference here?

Its their party, they can do what ever they want, still its an interesting question.
I think they legitimately fear an embarassement factor. Not that there's any serious challenge, but Trump is not a conservative. Of course W pretty much killed conservatism in the gop. But people like Sanford would like to illustrate the gop's abandonment of small govt and fiscal restraint.
I think you have to prove your worth to make it on a ballot. I have no problem with having a primary to legitimacy, but for pissed off disk jockies? no. Especially a guy who couldn't win as an incumbent himself.

Trump won’t debate anyone, even the eventual democratic nominee. He’s chickenshit.

And your an idiot. Trump would debate anyone and he's a good debater.

I'd love to see him debate some of the Dem dipshits you have running in your party. I'd say he'd wipe the floor with them.

Your another whiny little lefty loon shit.

Trump won’t debate anyone, even the eventual democratic nominee. He’s chickenshit.
then put him on stage with the demoRats and let's see. he'll go there, he wasn't afraid of Ted or Bush or anyone. come on big guy what do you say?

And your an idiot. Trump would debate anyone and he's a good debater.

I'd love to see him debate some of the Dem dipshits you have running in your party. I'd say he'd wipe the floor with them.

Your another whiny little lefty loon shit.

That never gets old. :lol:

Based on that Wiki, 4 states cancelled their primaries in 2012: Virginia, Connecticut, New York, and Delaware. Look at the vote counts in each state and the # footnote.
yah, cause Obama was the only candidate who qualified for the four primaries. LOL

Just stop. You are just embarrassing yourself with this stupid comparison that is actually a "contrast." Both parties have engaged in nominations and delegate contests with sitting presidents.

Did the Democrats hold primaries in 2012 so that other Democrats could challenge the President?

Of course they did. But Republicans are not Democrats and can't be held to that standard. They can choose their candidate in what ever way they want.

Did they? According to this CNN article, in at least South Carolina, they did not. Republican 2020 primary: State parties move to nix contests in show of support for Trump - CNNPolitics

From that article:
"In South Carolina, a key early primary state, Republicans decided to nix their presidential primaries in 1984 and 2004, when Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush were up for their second terms; while state Democrats skipped their contests in 1996 and 2012, with Bill Clinton and Barack Obama running for reelection, respectively."

:dunno:

The difference is that there weren't any challengers those years.

When there's a challenger there's a primary.

Why are the republicans so scared to have a primary in those states?

Post #63 nailed the response for this thread:
"The point of having a primary is to find a candidate for President of the United States.
The Republicans already have a sitting President who is running again."

If any GOP candidates get the required signatures, or money, or poll support, or other criteria to be on a ballot, fine.
But there will be no GOP primary debates, no need to, just ask the current RNC Chairwoman, Rona McDaniel.

Republican Party nixes debate committee ahead of 2020 - CNNPolitics

OP requests this thread be /closed

Did the Democrats hold primaries in 2012 so that other Democrats could challenge the President?

Of course they did. But Republicans are not Democrats and can't be held to that standard. They can choose their candidate in what ever way they want.

Did they? According to this CNN article, in at least South Carolina, they did not. Republican 2020 primary: State parties move to nix contests in show of support for Trump - CNNPolitics

From that article:
"In South Carolina, a key early primary state, Republicans decided to nix their presidential primaries in 1984 and 2004, when Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush were up for their second terms; while state Democrats skipped their contests in 1996 and 2012, with Bill Clinton and Barack Obama running for reelection, respectively."

:dunno:

The difference is that there weren't any challengers those years.

When there's a challenger there's a primary.

Why are the republicans so scared to have a primary in those states?
What makes you think they are "scared"? Since it's a certainty that Trum will be the nominee, primaries are just a waste of money. I understand that since the Democrats will not have a viable candidate, they cherish the prospect of Republicans possibly saying damaging things about the President.

Forum List

Back