Republican officials in some states to cancel presidential primary elections

The VOR

Gold Member
May 8, 2011
Do any of you trump supporters have a problem with this?

Republican 2020 primary: State parties move to nix contests in show of support for Trump - CNNPolitics

"Republican officials in multiple states are on the verge of canceling their 2020 presidential primary elections in a show of support for President Donald Trump, even as some GOP candidates plan to challenge him.

Party leaders in South Carolina, Nevada and Arizona have all expressed support for nixing their presidential primaries, and are expected to make it official over the coming weeks."

Republican 2020 primary: State parties move to nix contests in show of support for Trump - CNNPolitics

"Republican officials in multiple states are on the verge of canceling their 2020 presidential primary elections in a show of support for President Donald Trump, even as some GOP candidates plan to challenge him.

Party leaders in South Carolina, Nevada and Arizona have all expressed support for nixing their presidential primaries, and are expected to make it official over the coming weeks."

I disagree with them and they should hold the primary allowing the voter to vote in the primary...

Of course the GOP can just call off all primaries in each state and just nominate Trump and nothing anyone can really do...

But

Let the people vote and see if he has a strong backing...

Note:

Will be voting third party in 2020...

Are they afraid of GOP challengers like Bill Weld bashing Trump? I like Weld.

weld-header-ipad-narrow.jpg

Weld should run Libertarian if Paul is not running on that ticket...

Weld should run Libertarian if Paul is not running on that ticket...

I think Weld prefers to make his point in the Republican primary. It's kind of about Trump and Republicans.

I disagree with them and they should hold the primary allowing the voter to vote in the primary...

Of course the GOP can just call off all primaries in each state and just nominate Trump and nothing anyone can really do...

But

Let the people vote and see if he has a strong backing...

Note:

Will be voting third party in 2020...
Nothing really wrong with that. RNC at the State Level has the auth to declare any person to be the parties person they will support. No reason that they can not, unless their Charter forbids it. It is like a voice vote count.

The GOP primary would be a waste of time, it would be saving some money not having one, Trump has a 90% approval of GOP voters.
It should be 100% except for morons like Bill Krystol and the other ex-GOP'ers on MSNBC.

my my - how dictator-ish of the commie bastards.

who knew .. :rolleyes:

Did the Democrats hold primaries in 2012 so that other Democrats could challenge the President?

Of course they did. But Republicans are not Democrats and can't be held to that standard. They can choose their candidate in what ever way they want.

my my - how dictator-ish of the commie bastards.

who knew .. :rolleyes:
I didn't think they would have a problem with it, but they went ballistic with regards to the 2016 DNC primary.

Did the Democrats hold primaries in 2012 so that other Democrats could challenge the President?

Of course they did. But Republicans are not Democrats and can't be held to that standard. They can choose their candidate in what ever way they want.

Did they? According to this CNN article, in at least South Carolina, they did not. Republican 2020 primary: State parties move to nix contests in show of support for Trump - CNNPolitics

From that article:
"In South Carolina, a key early primary state, Republicans decided to nix their presidential primaries in 1984 and 2004, when Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush were up for their second terms; while state Democrats skipped their contests in 1996 and 2012, with Bill Clinton and Barack Obama running for reelection, respectively."

:dunno:

Did they? According to this CNN article, in at least South Carolina, they did not. Republican 2020 primary: State parties move to nix contests in show of support for Trump - CNNPolitics

From that article:
"In South Carolina, a key early primary state, Republicans decided to nix their presidential primaries in 1984 and 2004, when Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush were up for their second terms; while state Democrats skipped their contests in 1996 and 2012, with Bill Clinton and Barack Obama running for reelection, respectively."

:dunno:
B-B-But that was different because uhh Obama good, Orange Man bad.

Forum List

Back