Republican Morality

[ I haven't had a chance to read all the recent replies, I'll do so when time permits, but I had to post this recent thought based on recent republican intransigence. :lol: ]

It seems I need to modify this thread as republicans not only hate the poor - shown by their policies - but also hate the working classes of America - again shown by their policies. It could just be they hate America and are hoping for a monarchy or some similar form of government in which they and the wealthy not only rule but take possession of the resources that belong to all.

Sigh...ok this is what I am getting at. You make the above statement (again in an inflammatory manner) and support it with this quote:

When asked not one of the millionaires objected to the 'millionaires surtax' and none said it would affect their hiring practices.

Which you linked to the following:

But did you bother to actually READ the article and notice that NPR (nice unbiased source there :cuckoo:) points out that they got their information by posting a question on Facebook and accepting whatever Facebook posters told them. And this is what you consider a reliable source of documentation? Are you fucking kidding me?

Then you follow by trying to blame the GOP for failure to pass the tax cut extension, but you completely ignore that the bill was passed in the House over the opposition of 179 Democrats. IOW it's the Democrats blocking it jack-ass, not the Republicans.

GovTrack: House Vote On Passage: H.R. 3630: Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011
;)

Midcan is a trip.

Your party coddles the wealthy and worships them.

They are morally lacking and this has been proven by study after study.

Hmmmmm.......

"We liberals are personally stingy.

Fred R. Conrad/The New York Times
Nicholas D. Kristof

Liberals show tremendous compassion in pushing for generous government spending to help the neediest people at home and abroad. Yet when it comes to individual contributions to charitable causes, liberals are cheapskates.

Arthur Brooks, the author of a book on donors to charity, “Who Really Cares,” cites data that households headed by conservatives give 30 percent more to charity than households headed by liberals. A study by Google found an even greater disproportion: average annual contributions reported by conservatives were almost double those of liberals.

Other research has reached similar conclusions. The “generosity index” from the Catalogue for Philanthropy typically finds that red states are the most likely to give to nonprofits, while Northeastern states are least likely to do so.

The upshot is that Democrats, who speak passionately about the hungry and homeless, personally fork over less money to charity than Republicans...
"

"Conservatives also appear to be more generous than liberals in nonfinancial ways. People in red states are considerably more likely to volunteer for good causes, and conservatives give blood more often. If liberals and moderates gave blood as often as conservatives, Mr. Brooks said, the American blood supply would increase by 45 percent."

Op-Ed Columnist - Bleeding Heart Tightwads - NYTimes.com

Charity's Political Divide, Republicans give a bigger share to charity (Democrats Don't)

Dataset of the Day: Who is more Generous? Republicans or Democrats? | GeoIQ Blog

I think this study was not very accurate in many ways. A lot of lower income people do not claim their contributions on their taxes, especially when they are young, and often times it is in man hours instead of monetary so cannot be claimed. Really, young people of any income are not likely to claim contributions. My SIL donates a lot of time, goods, and money to different organizations and never once even thought of claiming any of it until she married an accountant that said, "are you crazy?"

I think this study was not very accurate in many ways. A lot of lower income people do not claim their contributions on their taxes, especially when they are young, and often times it is in man hours instead of monetary so cannot be claimed. Really, young people of any income are not likely to claim contributions. My SIL donates a lot of time, goods, and money to different organizations and never once even thought of claiming any of it until she married an accountant that said, "are you crazy?"

I don't think the studies were based on tax information. Perhaps in part, but not fully. Furthermore, it's not just one study. There have been multiple studies that reached the same conclusion.

Ah jeez, the usual ad homs and shooting the messenger replies. Weird how wingnuts feel the need to gang up when they have lost the debate. But thankfully some out there in America get it as the Pew research demonstrates.

"The Republican Party is taking more of the blame than the Democrats for a do-nothing Congress. A record-high 50% say that the current Congress has accomplished less than other recent Congresses, and by nearly two-to-one (40% to 23%) more blame Republican leaders than Democratic leaders for this. By wide margins, the GOP is seen as the party that is more extreme in its positions, less willing to work with the other side to get things done, and less honest and ethical in the way it governs. And for the first time in over two years, the Democratic Party has gained the edge as the party better able to manage the federal government." Frustration with Congress Could Hurt Republican Incumbents | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

Ah jeez, the usual ad homs and shooting the messenger replies. Weird how wingnuts feel the need to gang up when they have lost the debate. But thankfully some out there in America get it as the Pew research demonstrates.

"The Republican Party is taking more of the blame than the Democrats for a do-nothing Congress. A record-high 50% say that the current Congress has accomplished less than other recent Congresses, and by nearly two-to-one (40% to 23%) more blame Republican leaders than Democratic leaders for this. By wide margins, the GOP is seen as the party that is more extreme in its positions, less willing to work with the other side to get things done, and less honest and ethical in the way it governs. And for the first time in over two years, the Democratic Party has gained the edge as the party better able to manage the federal government." Frustration with Congress Could Hurt Republican Incumbents | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

You, a liberal Democrat, are the one passing and assigning the blame to ONE party.
Republicans are finding fault with each other as I post.
Where is there ANY opposition amongst Democrats on anything their House members or administration does?
Where?
You guys believe you are right every time and always hold the high moral ground.
Just like the far right wing.

Deadbeat fathers is what leads to single mother households. Period. End of story.
Why do you continue to give them a free pass?

There ARE some single fathers raising children (though not as common as single mothers). Tell me oh wise one, how do you propose on forcing 14 year old boys to take up the responsibility of fatherhood in this society?

What % is that? 3% or 4%.
What about the other 97%?
Deadbeat fathers are and have always been the problem.

..."Tell me oh wise one, how do you propose on forcing 14 year old boys to take up the responsibility of fatherhood in this society?"

There ARE some single fathers raising children (though not as common as single mothers). Tell me oh wise one, how do you propose on forcing 14 year old boys to take up the responsibility of fatherhood in this society?

What % is that? 3% or 4%.
What about the other 97%?
Deadbeat fathers are and have always been the problem.

..."Tell me oh wise one, how do you propose on forcing 14 year old boys to take up the responsibility of fatherhood in this society?"

The same way a 14-year-old girl takes on the responsibility of motherhood in this society.

Why do republicans hate the poor but love the rich?

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24

Wealthy More Likely to Lie, Cheat: Researchers - Bloomberg

The “upper class,” as defined by the study, were more likely to break the law while driving, take candy from children, lie in negotiation, cheat to raise their odds of winning a prize and endorse unethical behavior at work, the research found. The solution, Piff said, is to find a way to increase empathy among wealthier people.

And all Republicans.

Why do republicans hate the poor but love the rich?

"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." Proverbs 21:13

What can one make of the statements below?

"If you're low-income...in many states you can qualify for Medicaid, you can qualify for food stamps, you can qualify for housing assistance, [even] if you're in poverty...That is not a healthy thing for children, it's not a healthy thing for society...Suffering, if you're a Christian, suffering is a part of life. And it's not a bad thing, it is an essential thing in life...There are all different ways to suffer. One way to suffer is through lack of food and shelter and there's another way to suffer which is lack of dignity and hope." Rick

"Really poor children in really poor neighborhoods have no habits of working and have nobody around them who works. So they literally have no habit of showing up on Monday. They have no habit of staying all day. They have no habit of 'I do this and you give me cash,' unless it's illegal." ¶ "You have a very poor neighborhood. You have kids who are required under law to go to school. They have no money. They have no habit of work. What if you paid them part-time in the afternoon to sit at the clerical office and greet people when they came in? What if you paid them to work as the assistant librarian? And I'd pay them as early as is reasonable and practical. ¶ "I am prepared to find something that works, that breaks us out of the cycles we're involved in right now, and finding a way for poor children to learn how to work and learning how to have money that they've earned honestly is an integral part of that." Newt

Note to Rick and Newt's mom, Mrs Mom you raised an awful child.

Who was it that said the past is never past. They missed Newt.

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24

You got it back-assward as usual libs. Republicans want the poor to prosper. Democrats want to keep them on the plantation and feed them a couple of bucks now and then just long enough to see the family structure disintegrate but still count on the votes.

Forum List

Back