Republican Morality

Why do republicans hate the poor but love the rich?

"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." Proverbs 21:13

What can one make of the statements below?

"If you're low-income...in many states you can qualify for Medicaid, you can qualify for food stamps, you can qualify for housing assistance, [even] if you're in poverty...That is not a healthy thing for children, it's not a healthy thing for society...Suffering, if you're a Christian, suffering is a part of life. And it's not a bad thing, it is an essential thing in life...There are all different ways to suffer. One way to suffer is through lack of food and shelter and there's another way to suffer which is lack of dignity and hope." Rick

"Really poor children in really poor neighborhoods have no habits of working and have nobody around them who works. So they literally have no habit of showing up on Monday. They have no habit of staying all day. They have no habit of 'I do this and you give me cash,' unless it's illegal." ¶ "You have a very poor neighborhood. You have kids who are required under law to go to school. They have no money. They have no habit of work. What if you paid them part-time in the afternoon to sit at the clerical office and greet people when they came in? What if you paid them to work as the assistant librarian? And I'd pay them as early as is reasonable and practical. ¶ "I am prepared to find something that works, that breaks us out of the cycles we're involved in right now, and finding a way for poor children to learn how to work and learning how to have money that they've earned honestly is an integral part of that." Newt

Note to Rick and Newt's mom, Mrs Mom you raised an awful child.

Who was it that said the past is never past. They missed Newt.

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24

You don't want to speak in facts. You want to speak in emotions. If you cared about children, you would be telling the dems to stop the schools from encouraging children to have sex. Sex leads to children. Unmarried sex leads to children in a single parent household, that are more likely to be born poor, and stay poor longer (and be abused, sexually, physically, or emotionally) than the counterpart child born into a married couple household. If you care about stopping deaths, abortion would be right up there above the sin of "poverty".
Poverty in this country CAN be a temporary situation. If the people at home are raising children off of other people's money (welfare/food stamps), and telling the children that it doesn't get any better than this, how do you expect the children to learn.
If hunger/shelter needs put you into employee status, you have the opportunity to better yourself. You meet people that you "know" are not as smart as you are that are doing well. You pay attention; if they can make it, so can you.
If we are "comfortable" will not seek to improve (ourselves, our situation, our children, our lives). If we are "uncomfortable", we will move to a different space, and keep moving until we find "comfort".
The dems and the President are running "Fun Island" (from Pinnoccio). They are trying to turn those that want a free ride into asses, and they are succeeding. Once they wipe the middle class (from paying taxes to keep Fun Island up and running), the middle class will be asses too. Then the whips will come out, and the asses will be put to work as the dems want them to be (no choices). What is worse "the children" will have absolutely no chance; their parent (s) sold it for a ticket to Fun Island.

Deadbeat fathers is what leads to single mother households. Period. End of story.
Why do you continue to give them a free pass?

"If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered." Proverbs 21:13

"If you're low-income...in many states you can qualify for Medicaid, you can qualify for food stamps, you can qualify for housing assistance, [even] if you're in poverty...That is not a healthy thing for children, it's not a healthy thing for society...Suffering, if you're a Christian, suffering is a part of life. And it's not a bad thing, it is an essential thing in life...There are all different ways to suffer. One way to suffer is through lack of food and shelter and there's another way to suffer which is lack of dignity and hope." Rick

"Really poor children in really poor neighborhoods have no habits of working and have nobody around them who works. So they literally have no habit of showing up on Monday. They have no habit of staying all day. They have no habit of 'I do this and you give me cash,' unless it's illegal." ¶ "You have a very poor neighborhood. You have kids who are required under law to go to school. They have no money. They have no habit of work. What if you paid them part-time in the afternoon to sit at the clerical office and greet people when they came in? What if you paid them to work as the assistant librarian? And I'd pay them as early as is reasonable and practical. ¶ "I am prepared to find something that works, that breaks us out of the cycles we're involved in right now, and finding a way for poor children to learn how to work and learning how to have money that they've earned honestly is an integral part of that." Newt

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24

You don't want to speak in facts. You want to speak in emotions. If you cared about children, you would be telling the dems to stop the schools from encouraging children to have sex. Sex leads to children. Unmarried sex leads to children in a single parent household, that are more likely to be born poor, and stay poor longer (and be abused, sexually, physically, or emotionally) than the counterpart child born into a married couple household. If you care about stopping deaths, abortion would be right up there above the sin of "poverty".
Poverty in this country CAN be a temporary situation. If the people at home are raising children off of other people's money (welfare/food stamps), and telling the children that it doesn't get any better than this, how do you expect the children to learn.
If hunger/shelter needs put you into employee status, you have the opportunity to better yourself. You meet people that you "know" are not as smart as you are that are doing well. You pay attention; if they can make it, so can you.
If we are "comfortable" will not seek to improve (ourselves, our situation, our children, our lives). If we are "uncomfortable", we will move to a different space, and keep moving until we find "comfort".
The dems and the President are running "Fun Island" (from Pinnoccio). They are trying to turn those that want a free ride into asses, and they are succeeding. Once they wipe the middle class (from paying taxes to keep Fun Island up and running), the middle class will be asses too. Then the whips will come out, and the asses will be put to work as the dems want them to be (no choices). What is worse "the children" will have absolutely no chance; their parent (s) sold it for a ticket to Fun Island.

Deadbeat fathers is what leads to single mother households. Period. End of story.

There ARE some single fathers raising children (though not as common as single mothers). Tell me oh wise one, how do you propose on forcing 14 year old boys to take up the responsibility of fatherhood in this society?

there is another reason,I read today the only 51% of Americans were getting married,well down from 10 years ago,cited was the economic situation in the US.tl

Why on earth don't the Repub party decide who will represent them?????its would save time and money,and I would imagine most Conservative still would have NO IDEA who is going to represent them,or maybe a NEW CANDIDATE will emerge.??????

Yeah...see there are these things called "votes". I will post a link to you below so you can figure out what those are. So before the Republicans decide who represents us we have to actually go through the process of voting upon it. That takes a little time and we like to hear what they have to say on a variety of issues before we actually go cast those votes.

Voting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks for that Phantom,so different from here steven

Waaaaaarrrrrgggbbbllll

Just don't send me another psycho PM.

I still won't answer it.
Psycho!!!!!!I you thought that was Psychotic,you should see me in full flight. :lol::lol:Anyway I will try to temper my tendencies for reative replies,I can be a bit of a Shit and I need NO reminding as I know myself.

But I do find Repubicans somewhat Perfidious,this drawn out process of electing a Presidential Candidate for example...a year or so ago Palin was the flavour with about 59% of the Rupubs thought her was the bees knees and didn'r her supporters on here let us know,where are the all now I wonder,now in the dustbin of Conservative history no doubt.

None of the remaining 7 or 8 are up to much,in my opinion,its such a strange system to me,from an outsider looking in,but it is your system.

Why on earth don't the Repub party decide who will represent them?????its would save time and money,and I would imagine most Conservative still would have NO IDEA who is going to represent them,or maybe a NEW CANDIDATE will emerge.??????

It just seems to me a complete waste of energy,money and effort to get to this stage!!!!

Not saying I fully understand everything but Jesus there has been much changing of loyalty as each candidate emerge.

And the way they SLAG(critisize each other and worse) you would think that they were on opposing sides........got me :doubt:ing such a system.just saying. steven aka theliq:cool:
I don't even read your psychotic posts, but stop sending me the psycho PMs.

I will not answer no matter how many times you send them.
Wheeew,we can both have a quite life then,but ensure you STOP sending those one line NEGs

Psycho!!!!!!I you thought that was Psychotic,you should see me in full flight. :lol::lol:Anyway I will try to temper my tendencies for reative replies,I can be a bit of a Shit and I need NO reminding as I know myself.

But I do find Repubicans somewhat Perfidious,this drawn out process of electing a Presidential Candidate for example...a year or so ago Palin was the flavour with about 59% of the Rupubs thought her was the bees knees and didn'r her supporters on here let us know,where are the all now I wonder,now in the dustbin of Conservative history no doubt.

None of the remaining 7 or 8 are up to much,in my opinion,its such a strange system to me,from an outsider looking in,but it is your system.

It just seems to me a complete waste of energy,money and effort to get to this stage!!!!

Not saying I fully understand everything but Jesus there has been much changing of loyalty as each candidate emerge.

And the way they SLAG(critisize each other and worse) you would think that they were on opposing sides........got me :doubt:ing such a system.just saying. steven aka theliq:cool:

Wheeew,we can both have a quite life then,but ensure you STOP sending those one line NEGs
A neg whiner?

Grow the fuck up, loser.

Stop crying about fucking rep, psycho.

[ I haven't had a chance to read all the recent replies, I'll do so when time permits, but I had to post this recent thought based on recent republican intransigence. :lol: ]

It seems I need to modify this thread as republicans not only hate the poor - shown by their policies - but also hate the working classes of America - again shown by their policies. It could just be they hate America and are hoping for a monarchy or some similar form of government in which they and the wealthy not only rule but take possession of the resources that belong to all.

When asked not one of the millionaires objected to the 'millionaires surtax' and none said it would affect their hiring practices.

"For the second week in a row, the Senate on Thursday voted down proposals to extend the payroll tax holiday through next year. In the case of the Democrats' proposal, Republicans objected to the "millionaires surtax" that would be used to pay for it.

Ever since the idea of the surtax was introduced weeks ago, Republicans in Congress have railed against it, arguing that it is a direct hit on small-business owners and other job creators."

GOP Objects To 'Millionaires Surtax'; Millionaires We Found? Not So Much : It's All Politics : NPR

There ARE some single fathers raising children (though not as common as single mothers). Tell me oh wise one, how do you propose on forcing 14 year old boys to take up the responsibility of fatherhood in this society?

What % is that? 3% or 4%.
What about the other 97%?
Deadbeat fathers are and have always been the problem.

A neg whiner?

Grow the fuck up, loser.

:cool::cool: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...I PRESENT TO YOU "SI MADO" IN ALL HER AUTHORITIVE HYPOCRITICAL GLORY :cool::lol::cool::badgrin:LOSER INDEED SHE IS.:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
A neg whiner?

Grow the fuck up, loser.

:cool::cool: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...I PRESENT TO YOU "SI MADO" IN ALL HER AUTHORITIVE HYPOCRITICAL GLORY :cool::lol::cool::badgrin:LOSER INDEED SHE IS.:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:
Still whining about neg rep?

Cool. That's great to know. I'll make it a habit.

Thanks, psycho.

But, I still won't answer any of your PMs, psycho freak.

[ I haven't had a chance to read all the recent replies, I'll do so when time permits, but I had to post this recent thought based on recent republican intransigence. :lol: ]

It seems I need to modify this thread as republicans not only hate the poor - shown by their policies - but also hate the working classes of America - again shown by their policies. It could just be they hate America and are hoping for a monarchy or some similar form of government in which they and the wealthy not only rule but take possession of the resources that belong to all.

When asked not one of the millionaires objected to the 'millionaires surtax' and none said it would affect their hiring practices.

"For the second week in a row, the Senate on Thursday voted down proposals to extend the payroll tax holiday through next year. In the case of the Democrats' proposal, Republicans objected to the "millionaires surtax" that would be used to pay for it.

Ever since the idea of the surtax was introduced weeks ago, Republicans in Congress have railed against it, arguing that it is a direct hit on small-business owners and other job creators."

GOP Objects To 'Millionaires Surtax'; Millionaires We Found? Not So Much : It's All Politics : NPR

If we let the Bush tax cuts expire we would be well on our way to getting the economy rolling again.

It seems I need to modify this thread as republicans not only hate the poor - shown by their policies - but also hate the working classes of America - again shown by their policies.....
Still lying.

What an idiot you are.

A pathetic idiot.

It seems I need to modify this thread as republicans not only hate the poor - shown by their policies - but also hate the working classes of America - again shown by their policies.....
Still lying.

What an idiot you are.

A pathetic idiot.

You called my friend a pathetic, lying idiot. Not very nice of you.

Still lying.

What an idiot you are.

A pathetic idiot.

You called my friend a pathetic, lying idiot. Not very nice of you.
Oh well. That's what I do when folks lie.

If "your friend" wants to state an opinion, that's fine.

Opinions are not facts. Just so you know.

A neg whiner?

Grow the fuck up, loser.

Still whining about neg rep?

Cool. That's great to know. I'll make it a habit.

Thanks, psycho.

But, I still won't answer any of your PMs, psycho freak.
PSYCHO,let's see what this means..Psycho meaning "relating to the mind or psychology"

But,I forgot Si Mado would be using the slang interpretation wouldn't she....Psycho meaning Psychopath....meaning "a person suffering chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent behaviour"......in other words a mental illness.

I wonder what psychoactive substance she would be taking at present??????She may feel that her psychological warfare she is using with me,in her psychotic mind, she may feel that using this tactic on a normal mind would somehow affect me,well it isn't working even though she repeats the word for emphasis.

No Si Mado,your psychotic induced tactic just hasn't worked but when you have come down from your psychedelic journey,we have your posts to remind you of your trip that expanded your consciousness.

As a footnote,I do feel for Si,and I find this situation for her dire,so I will help her through this,take my hand Si,you are not alone.theliq

Last edited:
Nine reputation comments so far for this thread, it is approaching my best stuff even though the premise is obvious to most and the quotes have not been disavowed by a single republican.

Reply to comments:

People choose to be poor, sure they do. Do a survey and ask them why they chose to be poor, when they decided, and what were the salient points in making the choice. 'When I grow up I wanna be poor and homeless, and when I get sick I wanna go bankrupt and lose everything I own. It just seems like the right thing to do.' :lol: The rich get rich because of their merit.

'You lie,' I do, where? How is it you can be accused of lying when you print quotes and particulars? Schoolyard replies present the poster as a person with the maturity of a two year old. No offense meant to two year olds.

The democrats are telling children to have sex! Sorry I missed that one. But to be fair to your presumptive nonsense, you assume sex education is telling children to have sex. You need to grow up, or get out of your bubble if you don't think sensible education on sex is a positive. Consider how many abortions could be prevented for instance. No one in life has a free ride that should be obvious. Even the rich go through the turmoil of adolescence.

No really good replies to sink my teeth in? More food for the thoughtful below.

"['Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act'— now widely referred to as welfare repeal]...fails to acknowledge the role that scientific poverty expertise played in bringing welfare as we knew it to an end. Following a well-established pattern in post–Great Society policy analysis, the Clinton administration’s poverty experts had already embraced and defined the parameters of a sweeping welfare reform featuring proposals that promised to change the behavior of poor people while paying little more than rhetorical attention to the problems of low-wage work, rising income inequality, or structural economic change, and none at all to the steadily mounting political disenfranchisement of the postindustrial working class. Approaching the poverty problem within the narrow conceptual frame of individual failings rather than structural inequality, of cultural and skill “deficits” rather than the unequal distribution of power and wealth, the social scientific architects of President Clinton’s original, comparatively less punitive welfare reform proposal made “dependency” their principal target and then stood by helpless as congressional conservatives took their logic to its radical extreme. Their helplessness in the matter was not just a matter of “bad” politics laying “good” scientific knowledge to waste. It was also a failure of the knowledge itself." Introduction, Alice O'Connor: 'Poverty Knowledge' [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Poverty-Knowledge-Science-Twentieth-Century-Politics/dp/0691102554/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8]Amazon.com: Poverty Knowledge: Social Science, Social Policy, and the Poor in Twentieth-Century U.S. History (Politics and Society in Twentieth-Century America) (9780691102559): Alice O'Connor: Books[/ame]

Ending the Bush tax cuts will put 10 million middle class families paying federal income taxes again.
How does that help the economy?
The Bush tax cuts dropped taxes 1.7 trillion over the last 10 years.
Dropped 1.3 trillion for those earning less than 250K a year
Dropped 400 billion for those earning more than 250K a year.

Sigh...ok this is what I am getting at. You make the above statement (again in an inflammatory manner) and support it with this quote:

Which you linked to the following:

But did you bother to actually READ the article and notice that NPR (nice unbiased source there :cuckoo:) points out that they got their information by posting a question on Facebook and accepting whatever Facebook posters told them. And this is what you consider a reliable source of documentation? Are you fucking kidding me?

Then you follow by trying to blame the GOP for failure to pass the tax cut extension, but you completely ignore that the bill was passed in the House over the opposition of 179 Democrats. IOW it's the Democrats blocking it jack-ass, not the Republicans.

GovTrack: House Vote On Passage: H.R. 3630: Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011

Forum List

Back