Republican Lawmaker Stands By Claim That Islam Is 'a Cancer' In America

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Oklahoma state Rep. John Bennett (R) has not shied away from the controversial, anti-Islam comments he's made both on Facebook and at rallies in the past, and it seems like he won't anytime soon.

Bennett again defended the statements in an interview with HuffPost Live on Monday and said he'd argue Islam "is not even a religion."

"I stand behind them wholeheartedly," Bennett told host Alyona Minkovski. "First off, I never said Muslims were a cancer, I said Islam ... I would even submit to you that Islam is not even a religion. It's a social political system that uses a deity to advance its agenda of global conquest. That's exactly what ISIS is doing now, and people that follow Islam are and will do the same thing."

Also joining the conversation was Adam Soltani, director of the Oklahoma chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, who said he received death threats after Bennett's comments.

"I received a phone call from an individual who asked if I was the director of CAIR and I said yes. He said he thinks I should be beheaded and so should every other Muslim in America," Soltani said. "What he said about the holy Quran, the holy scripture of 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide is absolutely false. It's just lies, it's hatred, it's bigotry."

More: State Rep. John Bennett Stands By Anti-Islam Comments Islam Is Not Even A Religion

According to the U.S. Constitution - Islam has as much right in America as Christianity.

I wonder why he would say this. Its not as though he has to have votes to get re-elected. That's what gerrymandering is for.

Radical Islam has NO business being practiced anywhere it can come into contact with a Civilized Society.

Oklahoma state Rep. John Bennett (R) has not shied away from the controversial, anti-Islam comments he's made both on Facebook and at rallies in the past, and it seems like he won't anytime soon.

Bennett again defended the statements in an interview with HuffPost Live on Monday and said he'd argue Islam "is not even a religion."

"I stand behind them wholeheartedly," Bennett told host Alyona Minkovski. "First off, I never said Muslims were a cancer, I said Islam ... I would even submit to you that Islam is not even a religion. It's a social political system that uses a deity to advance its agenda of global conquest. That's exactly what ISIS is doing now, and people that follow Islam are and will do the same thing."

Also joining the conversation was Adam Soltani, director of the Oklahoma chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, who said he received death threats after Bennett's comments.

"I received a phone call from an individual who asked if I was the director of CAIR and I said yes. He said he thinks I should be beheaded and so should every other Muslim in America," Soltani said. "What he said about the holy Quran, the holy scripture of 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide is absolutely false. It's just lies, it's hatred, it's bigotry."

More: State Rep. John Bennett Stands By Anti-Islam Comments Islam Is Not Even A Religion

According to the U.S. Constitution - Islam has as much right in America as Christianity.

So freedom of speech is no longer tolerated by those of the opposing political spectrum? You have the right to be offended, but please respect ones right to disagree.

America was not founded upon Christianity.

The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity
Yes and No.

No, in a strict and literal sense.

Yes, in a broadly and metaphorical sense.

The US is founded in large part upon the laws, philosophy, ethics, morals and perspective developed and evolved by European Christendom.

Not to mention that the vast majority of Colonial Americans were Christians, and that the vast majority of American Citizens today are Christian, to some extent or another.

Islam is a 'cough due to cold', compared the its sinister cousin: Left-think.

Like Islam, Leftism is a virulent infection of foreign Ideas that are hostile to natural, American principle.

Last edited:
America is a melting pot of all people and all religions. Our Constitution allows that.
America has never before been confronted with large-scale immigration by people of a non-Christian Warrior Religion which is a Law unto itself and whose adherents drift away from Western constitutional and parliamentary rule and backwards towards canon law so readily and so quickly and so pervasively worldwide - and which is so hateful and repressive towards women - and which is so intolerant of other belief systems (in direct opposition to what the Constitution stands for).

That new situation - an intolerant political-cultural-conquest scheme masking as a religion - calls for new approaches to confronting and confounding the new threat vector.

America is a melting pot of all people and all religions. Our Constitution allows that.
America has never before been confronted with large-scale immigration by people of a non-Christian Warrior Religion which is a Law unto itself and whose adherents drift away from Western constitutional and parliamentary rule and backwards towards canon law so readily and so quickly and so pervasively worldwide.

That new situation calls for new approaches to confronting and confounding the new threat vector.

Apparently you don't know much about the violent Christian history. Native Americans sure do.

That same Constitution gives him every right to state his views on Islam.

America has never before been confronted with large-scale immigration by people of a non-Christian Warrior Religion which is a Law unto itself and whose adherents drift away from Western constitutional and parliamentary rule and backwards towards canon law so readily and so quickly and so pervasively worldwide.

That new situation calls for new approaches to confronting and confounding the new threat vector.

Apparently you don't know much about the violent Christian history. Native Americans sure do.
You're confused. The church didn't slaughter and abuse NA. The government did.

Forum List

Back