"Republican" Brown votes for Job bill and helps dems and America!

Ame®icano;2034962 said:
New claims for jobless insurance benefits in the United States posted a surprise rise, the Labor Department said Thursday amid concerns unemployment could dampen economic recovery.

The seasonally adjusted initial claims in the week ending February 13 rose to 473,000, an increase of 31,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 442,000, the Labor Department said.

The latest claims reading was larger than the forecast of most economists of around 430,000, as the world's largest economy emerged from its worst recession in decades with unemployment posing a key challenge.

US new jobless claims post surprise jump

Anyone here surprised as "they" are?

I'm not surprised that we are being fed a line of bullshit from the con man in the White House...but America is figuring it out...
Look at this....
Consumers? confidence plummets in February - Stocks & economy- msnbc.com

If Neubarth were running the country we would already be in full scale depression since everyone would be afraid to spend one dime they did not have to to live.

I feel pretty good... he shut down the horrible Democrat health care bill.

And yet you claim victory on some small committee vote?

hahah.. jokes on you.

I understand he isn't a Reagan conservative. If his only accomplishment in politics EVER is shutting down the Dem healthcare bill.... I am ok with that.

this wasn't a "committee vote" And Brown will vote like a moderate new england republican because he knows if he doesn't he won't get reelected. He'll vote with Snowe and Collins more often than not, I reckon.

Health Care companies made 12 BILLION dollars this year. Partly by raising rates nearly 40% and partly by cutting insurance for 2.7 MILLION Americans. The number one cause of bankruptcy are medical bills.

And yet, these people, the least educated, the Republicans, the most in need of health care say "Thank Gawd, we defeated health care". Don't ya just love it? Couldn't ya just die? Quickly?

Least educated? Really? You sure you want to go with that?

95-4.gif

Democrats Gain Edge in Party Identification - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

This is not really a surprise seeing as he based his campaign on jobs creation

Last edited:
Giving tax breaks to small businesses for hiring will do NOTHING if products are not selling.

If they aren't selling and can't make payroll and the banks aren't giving credit, giving them a tax break will literally do nothing.

They know nothing about real business

After all the conservative howls I heard after I referred to Brown as the pro-choice John McCain, this is pretty funny.

Oh shut your fucking pie hole....we have a Republican working with his counterparts across the aisle...that's EXACTLY what he said he would do...no one said he'd vote only with the Republican caucus.

Christ you fucking crybaby liberal shut-ins will find ANYTHING to bitch and complain about...EVEN WHEN IT'S A GOOD THING!!!

Nice language. You seem susceptible to meltdowns when you're proven stupid. You need to either learn to cope with your stupidity, or smarten up.

After all the conservative howls I heard after I referred to Brown as the pro-choice John McCain, this is pretty funny.

Oh shut your fucking pie hole....we have a Republican working with his counterparts across the aisle...that's EXACTLY what he said he would do...no one said he'd vote only with the Republican caucus.

Christ you fucking crybaby liberal shut-ins will find ANYTHING to bitch and complain about...EVEN WHEN IT'S A GOOD THING!!!

Nice language. You seem susceptible to meltdowns when you're proven stupid. You need to either learn to cope with your stupidity, or smarten up.

Outside of Patek's colorful language, where did he go wrong in what he said that would prove him stupid? Seems he was spot on with the spirit of his post, NY.
Brown said he was his own man, and he held true to those very words. No surpise

Ame®icano;2035009 said:
When nobody was watching? :)

I am not sure, I think along with the last defense bill.

Edit: Here it is. House approves $155 billion jobs bill

From the link:

MONEY FOR CONSTRUCTION, SCHOOLS

The bill would provide $48.3 billion for infrastructure projects that promise to get workers back on job sites by April. Highway construction projects would get $27.5 billion, while subway, bus and other transit systems would get $8.4 billion.

As in the earlier stimulus bill, steel and other products used in these projects would have to come from the United States.

The bill would also help cash-strapped state and local governments avoid layoffs of public employees.

States would get $23 billion to pay 250,000 teacher salaries and repair school buildings, and $1.2 billion to pay for 5,500 police officers.

States would also get $23.5 billion to help pay their share of federal healthcare programs for the poor.

So, in the end, it's not a "jobs" bill per se, but just another bailout of state overspending.

Exactly. Stimulus wans't stimulus neither. It's just another name for government spending habits.

The funny thing here is that Brown delivered the slap upside the head of the Democrats heard 'round the world....he beat the most liberal Senator in history...the Liar....err...Lion of the Senate.

The bill includes a tax credit for businesses that hire unemployed workers

Hey...there's a novel idea put forth by the Democrats...hire people looking for jobs!!!! Brilliant!!!!! :booze:

Is there another option? Something like, getting tax credit for hiring those that are not looking for a job, or hiring family members...

Just asking.

Ame®icano;2034962 said:
New claims for jobless insurance benefits in the United States posted a surprise rise, the Labor Department said Thursday amid concerns unemployment could dampen economic recovery.

The seasonally adjusted initial claims in the week ending February 13 rose to 473,000, an increase of 31,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 442,000, the Labor Department said.

The latest claims reading was larger than the forecast of most economists of around 430,000, as the world's largest economy emerged from its worst recession in decades with unemployment posing a key challenge.

US new jobless claims post surprise jump

Anyone here surprised as "they" are?

I'm not surprised that we are being fed a line of bullshit from the con man in the White House...but America is figuring it out...
Look at this....
Consumers? confidence plummets in February - Stocks & economy- msnbc.com

I guess this data is surprising too. :eusa_whistle:

New U.S. senator helps Democrats advance jobs bill

Republican Scott Brown joined four other Republicans, 55 Democrats and two independents to overcome a procedural hurdle that sets up a final vote later this week.

"I hope my vote today is a strong step toward restoring bipartisanship in Washington," he said in a statement.

The bill includes a tax credit for businesses that hire unemployed workers, subsidies for state and local construction bonds and $19.5 billion to shore up a highway-construction fund.

Much of the cost is offset by a crackdown on offshore tax shelters.

UPDATE 1-New U.S. senator helps Democrats advance jobs bill | Reuters

I knew this "Republican" who never ran as a republican, who is pro choice and is for gay rights would help us Dems out.

Republicans, when you were screaming victory when Mr. Brown won in Ma, how do ya feel now? LOL Dino! :)

i voted for him because i thought he'd do the right thing whichever party it came from.

looks like i was right.

you were saying...

Good for you. Hannity coouldnt stop gloating. I wonder what he will say now? Oh wait, he wont even mention this more than likely.

Ummm.. you did not have many if any claiming him to be conservative... rather a guy with an R next to his name that could take away the super majority upon winning a seat that was long held by a big wig DEM... and having a small victory on that basis alone..

but nice try

Yeah taking a seat from a dead man is a real accompolishment.

taking a seat from the mass dem party is, and i have to say it felt great and it still does.

btw, he ran against a live woman.

Was she alive or just on vacation?

OH and welcome to the party Mr. Brown.

+
Brown supports a far smaller and more responsible $15 billion jobs bill.

He did not support the $900 billion sham stimulus bill.

You all cannot see the forest for the trees on this one - but Brown appears to know what he is doing. He has just tied the White House with its own rope.

Well played Mr. Brown.

The real game is about to begin...

___

Reid's bill is a far smaller measure than Obama's $862 billion economic stimulus bill enacted a year ago. It's also significantly smaller than a rival bipartisan bill unveiled earlier this month by two senior senators.

The legislation also would renew highway programs through December and deposit $20 billion in the highway trust fund.

"I came to Washington to be an independent voice, to put politics aside and to do everything in my power to help create jobs for Massachusetts families," said Brown, whose election last month gave Republicans the 41st vote that could sustain GOP filibusters. "This Senate jobs bill is not perfect ... but I voted for it because it contains measures that will help put people back to work."

___

Bipartisan Jobs Bill Advances Past GOP Filibuster - ABC News

___

A major theme in Republican complaints about the $862 billion stimulus program is that it didn't deliver enough jobs. Republican Sen. Scott Brown of Massachusetts took that view to an extreme, claiming that it didn't create any new jobs. Here's what he said during a Feb. 4, 2010, news conference, shortly after he was sworn in.

“The last stimulus bill didn’t create one new job, and in some states the money that was actually released hasn’t even been used yet,” Brown said.

ABC's Jonathan Karl immediately followed up. “It didn’t create one new job?” Karl asked.

“That’s correct. We lost another 85,000 jobs again, give or take, last month,” Brown responded. “And in Massachusetts, it hasn’t created one new job and throughout the country as well. It may have retained some, but it hasn’t created any new jobs."

PolitiFact | Scott Brown says stimulus 'didn't create one new job'

Hopefully, Brown is the beginning of a new type of republican, one who thinks for himself.

Forum List

Back