"Republican" Brown votes for Job bill and helps dems and America!

Zona

A guy in ariZONA
Aug 15, 2009
Phoenix, AZ.
New U.S. senator helps Democrats advance jobs bill

Republican Scott Brown joined four other Republicans, 55 Democrats and two independents to overcome a procedural hurdle that sets up a final vote later this week.

"I hope my vote today is a strong step toward restoring bipartisanship in Washington," he said in a statement.

The bill includes a tax credit for businesses that hire unemployed workers, subsidies for state and local construction bonds and $19.5 billion to shore up a highway-construction fund.

Much of the cost is offset by a crackdown on offshore tax shelters.

UPDATE 1-New U.S. senator helps Democrats advance jobs bill | Reuters

I knew this "Republican" who never ran as a republican, who is pro choice and is for gay rights would help us Dems out.

Republicans, when you were screaming victory when Mr. Brown won in Ma, how do ya feel now? LOL Dino! :)

Last edited:
I feel pretty good... he shut down the horrible Democrat health care bill.

And yet you claim victory on some small committee vote?

hahah.. jokes on you.

I understand he isn't a Reagan conservative. If his only accomplishment in politics EVER is shutting down the Dem healthcare bill.... I am ok with that.

New U.S. senator helps Democrats advance jobs bill

Republican Scott Brown joined four other Republicans, 55 Democrats and two independents to overcome a procedural hurdle that sets up a final vote later this week.

"I hope my vote today is a strong step toward restoring bipartisanship in Washington," he said in a statement.

The bill includes a tax credit for businesses that hire unemployed workers, subsidies for state and local construction bonds and $19.5 billion to shore up a highway-construction fund.

Much of the cost is offset by a crackdown on offshore tax shelters.

UPDATE 1-New U.S. senator helps Democrats advance jobs bill | Reuters

I knew this "Republican" who never ran as a republican, who is pro life and is for gay rights would help us Dems out.

Republicans, when you were screaming victory when Mr. Brown won in Ma, how do ya feel now? LOL

Weren't you the nitwit, AutoZona, who suggested that the GOP would sooner or later say that Brown isn't a Conservative? Except you said it as though they'd be wrong.

Of course he's not a conservative.

He's still a refreshing breath of air over the retarded uber-liberoidalism of Teddy erah erah "hic" Kennedy.

By Massachusetts standards, of course, Brown practically is a conservative.

Personally, I'll settle for the incremental-ism stuff for the time being.

Twits like you, AutoZona, don't sense the shifting of the ground until the roof has collapsed on your pinhead.

:clap2:

But the times, they ARE a-changing. :cool:

hahah.. jokes on you.

I understand he isn't a Reagan conservative. If his only accomplishment in politics EVER is shutting down the Dem healthcare bill.... I am ok with that.

He shut down the healthcare bill? Really? ok..

Oh and speaking of that, we are going to use 51 votes....lol Wait for it, wait for it....

hahah.. jokes on you.

Oh and speaking of that, we are going to use 51 votes....lol Wait for it, wait for it....

Political suicide. If it wouldn't do so much harm to the country I would suggest you all go for it.

Last edited:
This is how I know this stings...all I got from the righty's so far is .....SO WHAT? lol

He is one of the few "republicans" we can count on. We welcome you Mr. Brown. Rightys, you can have liebermann. lol

hahah.. jokes on you.

Political suicide.

He is the liebermann of the right. lol

This is how I know this stings...all I got from the righty's so far is .....SO WHAT? lol

He is one of the few "republicans" we can count on. We welcome you Mr. Brown. Rightys, you can have liebermann. lol

Doesn't sting at all... what are you talking about. We understand and have from the start that he isn't a Reagan conservative. His election stopped the healthcare bill.... thats a big deal to us.

So, now... when he votes yes to a useless committee.... I don't care. Why is that hard to understand? His election allows Republicans to stop Obama on some things. Good enough for us.

I like how he voted for one bill in favor of the Democrats, and they are suddenly sucking his dick like he's wrapped up in their pocket. He went through with his word: he's voting on the bills he wants to support. He, like Obama, promised to promote bipartisan politics. He, unlike Obama, is following through with it.

Also, people do realize this bill would have passed without Brown's vote, right? 55 Democrats, 4 other Republicans, and 2 Independents also voted for it. Brown was not the 61st vote, he was the 62nd.

Scott Brown joined 4 other republicans in voting Aye along with Senate Dems to pass a jobs bill today. This was his very first vote since seated, and with his help, a republican filibuster was defeated.:clap2:

Is this a sign of things to come from this young man? Can we expect more of this from Mr. Brown, or is this just coming out of the gate showing us how bi-partisan he is, how "Washington-outsider-y" he is?

What do you think? Genuinely thinking for himself, or a trojan horse?

Let me know if he votes for Health Care. Otherwise, I dont really care.

The way things look, his vote for the healthcare bill - or lack thereof - might turn out to be irrelevant.

IOW, you might be getting both a RINO and a Dem healthcare bill.

:D

I've been saying this all along.

Now I'm waiting for all the posters who immediately nominated him as the Rep candidate in 2012 to show up in this thread.

64174005.xHGCcMHx.wavefinger.gif

Republicans, when you were screaming victory when Mr. Brown won in Ma, how do ya feel now? LOL Dino! :)

That Scott Brown high started wearing off after the Prez's SOTU and it's been going downhill ever since.

heh....

Health Care companies made 12 BILLION dollars this year. Partly by raising rates nearly 40% and partly by cutting insurance for 2.7 MILLION Americans. The number one cause of bankruptcy are medical bills.

And yet, these people, the least educated, the Republicans, the most in need of health care say "Thank Gawd, we defeated health care". Don't ya just love it? Couldn't ya just die? Quickly?

Forum List

Back