Social Security Disability

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gadawg73, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Gadawg73

Gadawg73 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,677
    My neighbor is on it and is proud to be on it. She proudly displays her free car tag and parks in the handicapped spot every time she can.
    She is on social security disability and there is not a dam thing wrong with her. She also proudly displays her conservative opinions on bumper stickers on her Denali.
    This program is the fastest growing Federal program out there.
    My neighbor rides horses, cuts grass on the rider and has a garden to kill for.
    There is a special place in HELL for people like her.
    And nothing will or can be done to stop the checks. $2200 a month in her case.

2. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    OASI and ADA were born for exactly that kind of abuse for the terminally entitled mindset. Ditto Medicare/Medicaid, welfare, food stamps, gubmint schools...The list goes on and on.

What else is new?

3. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    There are people that use their disabled children to collect a "crazy check" as well.Disgusting.
    A few years ago we allowed a stakeout from our yard on a guy who was collecting permanent disability from an insurer in TX. They spent three days taking pictures of the guy PAINTING his house. Private insurers can afford to hire PIs. The govt. could care less. Its not their money.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Gadawg73

Gadawg73 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,677
    I used to do a ton of workers comp cases in the 80s. I tired of getting up at 4 am to set up on claimants.
    50% of it is fraud.

5. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    I live in a seasonal community where unemployment is abused as well. Many people work in the summer long enough to qualify and then get paid under the table during the winter months. NJ is very lax with enforcement. We had a kid quit to work for his brother in law and collect DUI under our acct. My husband took photos of him working and told the people he did not get laid off, he quit. Their response was "don't care".

That's why I'd like that info public. At least neighbors and employers would be aware of the grifters, because the govt just doesn't care. Why would they?

6. potter 58

potter 58 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +57
    yea yea and we all know they only liberals LOL

7. Gadawg73

Gadawg73 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,677
    My neighbor is a tea partier.
    Fraud knows no party affiliation.

8. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    This is an issue that bugs the fuck out of me. You will find conservative and liberal Americans taking advantage of these programs nationwide. Yet, it's typically the Democrats that push for spending on bills that fund these programs. I would love to see a lot of this spending eliminated, completely. We should not be a welfare state.

9. Rinata

Rinata Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +971
    I live in CA and it is extremely hard to get permnanent disability here. I've known people that really needed it and people that did not. Nobody gets it on the first try. They get a letter telling them that they have to file for a reconsideration. After that is denied, they go before a judge. It's a very lengthy and tiring process. Seeing their doctors and doing all the paper work!!

I'm surprised you neighbor was able to get it. I could be wrong. But I think they do a good job here of weeding out the deatbeats!!!

10. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    I seriously doubt his claim that nothing is wrong with his neighbor. The process is lengthy and yes some people slip through the cracks. But it is not 50 percent. Further they review the cases every few years with a different doctor involved.

By the way the claim that somehow Conservatives are the dead beats is hilarious. Social Security is a system every working person pays into their entire working career. To claim that somehow conservatives should not use said system when they qualify is ignorant as hell. Regardless of whether or not they believe the system should exist or not.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2