Social Security Disability

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
My neighbor is on it and is proud to be on it. She proudly displays her free car tag and parks in the handicapped spot every time she can.
She is on social security disability and there is not a dam thing wrong with her. She also proudly displays her conservative opinions on bumper stickers on her Denali.
This program is the fastest growing Federal program out there.
My neighbor rides horses, cuts grass on the rider and has a garden to kill for.
There is a special place in HELL for people like her.
And nothing will or can be done to stop the checks. $2200 a month in her case.

There are people that use their disabled children to collect a "crazy check" as well.Disgusting.
A few years ago we allowed a stakeout from our yard on a guy who was collecting permanent disability from an insurer in TX. They spent three days taking pictures of the guy PAINTING his house. Private insurers can afford to hire PIs. The govt. could care less. Its not their money.

I used to do a ton of workers comp cases in the 80s. I tired of getting up at 4 am to set up on claimants.
50% of it is fraud.

I live in a seasonal community where unemployment is abused as well. Many people work in the summer long enough to qualify and then get paid under the table during the winter months. NJ is very lax with enforcement. We had a kid quit to work for his brother in law and collect DUI under our acct. My husband took photos of him working and told the people he did not get laid off, he quit. Their response was "don't care".

That's why I'd like that info public. At least neighbors and employers would be aware of the grifters, because the govt just doesn't care. Why would they?

This is an issue that bugs the fuck out of me. You will find conservative and liberal Americans taking advantage of these programs nationwide. Yet, it's typically the Democrats that push for spending on bills that fund these programs. I would love to see a lot of this spending eliminated, completely. We should not be a welfare state.

My neighbor is on it and is proud to be on it. She proudly displays her free car tag and parks in the handicapped spot every time she can.
She is on social security disability and there is not a dam thing wrong with her. She also proudly displays her conservative opinions on bumper stickers on her Denali.

I live in CA and it is extremely hard to get permnanent disability here. I've known people that really needed it and people that did not. Nobody gets it on the first try. They get a letter telling them that they have to file for a reconsideration. After that is denied, they go before a judge. It's a very lengthy and tiring process. Seeing their doctors and doing all the paper work!!

I'm surprised you neighbor was able to get it. I could be wrong. But I think they do a good job here of weeding out the deatbeats!!!

I live in CA and it is extremely hard to get permnanent disability here. I've known people that really needed it and people that did not. Nobody gets it on the first try. They get a letter telling them that they have to file for a reconsideration. After that is denied, they go before a judge. It's a very lengthy and tiring process. Seeing their doctors and doing all the paper work!!

I'm surprised you neighbor was able to get it. I could be wrong. But I think they do a good job here of weeding out the deatbeats!!!

I seriously doubt his claim that nothing is wrong with his neighbor. The process is lengthy and yes some people slip through the cracks. But it is not 50 percent. Further they review the cases every few years with a different doctor involved.

By the way the claim that somehow Conservatives are the dead beats is hilarious. Social Security is a system every working person pays into their entire working career. To claim that somehow conservatives should not use said system when they qualify is ignorant as hell. Regardless of whether or not they believe the system should exist or not.

Yes Sarge. I noticed that double standard when people were talking about Bristol's baby. Apparently, only those that think the system is wonderful should be able to use it or something.

I know of a family of six that is supposedly collecting SSI for every member. They are living quite well on around $72K a year. You should see the gorgeous tattoos the children have. :evil:

Maybe they can hire investigators and have them work on commission. Now that's an incentive...

When a Parent draws disability from Social Security any child under the age of 18 ( or still in High School if 18) draws a stipend also. However the total amount for all , Parent and all children, is determined by the amount paid in over the life of the parents working career.

No, parents who never worked have no Social Security accounts to draw from. In that regard it operates like insurance. You have to pay in to take it out.

I know what my disability payment would be if I had to use it, and hopefully I never have to, but after paying in for about 25 years even if I received stipends for my children it wouldn't come anywhere near $2200 a month. Anyone receiving that much from Social Security must have paid in a long time with fairly high earnings.

Don't you ever look at your Social Security statements that come periodically? They tell you exactly how much you would receive if you became disabled or retired with the amount paid into your account as of that date. It's all based on your contributions.

If it bugs you THAT much, report her.

Social Security Website: SocialSecurity.gov said:
Our Fraud Hotline provides an avenue for individuals to report fraud, waste, and abuse within the Social Security Administration's (SSA) programs and operations.

We handle allegations regarding violations of law or regulations affecting SSA programs and operations.
You may reach us by Internet, mail, facsimile, and phone.

Internet: Fraud Reporting Form

U.S. Mail: Social Security Fraud Hotline
P.O. Box 17768
Baltimore, Maryland 21235

FAX: 410-597-0118

Telephone: 1-800-269-0271 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time

TTY: 1-866-501-2101 for the deaf or hard of hearing.

Fraud Hotline

On a side note, the one thing worse that what is described above is the way the law requires people to have themselves declared "disabled" to get any cash help. This applies more to SSI (the welfare program) than to SSA which you need to pay pretty substantial premiums to qualify for 2 grand a month.

The crying shame is the number of children whose parents need to try to have found 'disabled' in order to feed them. What does THAT tell a kid here in America? It's almost designed to keep po' folks down.

Last edited:
I'm confused then. I know of. 20 year old who claims she's getting 1000K a month and will get. Another 600 when her baby is born in a few weeks. She's never worked.

Thanks goldcatt. Interesting. This young lady has been known to fib but she also seems very knowledgable about her entitlements as well. Counseling, free legal help, uninsured driver program, home instruction and even free car seats!

The mom has been in and out of jail and her "boyfriend" is headed there right after the baby's born. Maybe they have additional giveaways for those situations.

She gets 10 hrs of private tutoring each week until she is 21. Maybe her parents get extra for having her "enrolled" in school. I don't kbow, but they don't seem like they are struggling. Decent house, two cars, and everyone smokes.

Thanks for that # Avg Joe, but of course we never know the whole situation.

If she still lives at home and is receiving tutoring, she may be receiving some sort of benefits under her parents or if she is disabled may be covered under a private policy of hers or theirs. You're right, we never know the whole story. But knowing where to get a car seat or legal help from the county or state and really understanding the red tape and labyrinth of programs are two different things.

Social Security (SSA) is also not administered through the State welfare offices but directly through the Federal Social Security office, so she may be dealing with one and thinking it's another. Especially if a caseworker or her parents are doing a lot of the paperwork for her. But take a look at your own statement sometime and you'll see how it works. It's pretty straightforward.

I seriously doubt his claim that nothing is wrong with his neighbor. The process is lengthy and yes some people slip through the cracks. But it is not 50 percent. Further they review the cases every few years with a different doctor involved.

By the way the claim that somehow Conservatives are the dead beats is hilarious. Social Security is a system every working person pays into their entire working career. To claim that somehow conservatives should not use said system when they qualify is ignorant as hell. Regardless of whether or not they believe the system should exist or not.

I have never heard that. But I'm sure that deadbeats come in all political affiliations.

Forum List

Back